Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

Why stop there?

Maybe we should completely get rid of flying and just type coordinates of the location we want to visit and automatically pop there with a short loading screen?

You’ve missed what seems like 100s of posts in the forums then if you thought that was the only reason.

Again, there’s not a maze or obstacle course of trees making DR a headache to use.

Irrelevant.

And if you’re trying to imply that WoW has no trees, that’s wrong.

Either way, flying so high up in the sky where there’s no trees can reach you is an optimal way to dragonride because you all the obstacles, hitboxes or whatever you we wish to call them… are down there. :point_down:

And it’s not like it takes so long to get up high to the sky. It takes like 10 seconds.

What, is 10 seconds now taking forever, lol?

Oh no it’s fine like it is thanks. Dragonriding for just getting from here to there, regular riding when you need a precision landing or to hover to check something out.

No. Just stop trying to get fun things nerfed.

Dragonriding takes effort. Regular flight does not. No, they should not be the same speed.

2 Likes

It’s relevant since it’s what you’re talking about.

Which takes time.

No it isn’t.

Not really. Trees are Trees. Regardless if it’s a Maze or not as you’ve said. All you’re really saying is there’s no trees in WoW, which that is wrong.

How’s 10 seconds is “Take time” worthy?..

Yes it is, and i’ve already proved it. Lying by saying “No it isn’t” simply demonstrates your lack of knowledge on dragonriding.

The Trees are on the ground, and you are further up then the trees. Therefore, you can’t hit the trees if you’re high up in the sky. And that’s factual and makes sense.

1 Like

In all my years of playing I have never had any issues with trees anywhere in this game.

The time to go up, then to to go down. Instead of just going to your destination.

You haven’t proved a thing. Trees existing is not some gotcha since only you seem to be in fear of them, again, they’re not some malevolent impenetrable obstacle course everyone suffers from.

You don’t need to hit the skybox to avoid hitting trees.

Andidotial evidence can’t be used for objective evidence.

We all know WoW’s hitboxes for trees are very inconsistent and bad, even with regular flying.

It’s litteraly 10 seconds. 10 seconds.

Unless you’re super impatient, first off, get over it… 10 seconds is not gonna hurt you.

It’s an objectively a better way to do it then just trying to dodge trees or pray the hitboxes you’re about to hit allows you to phase though. Because you at a high speed with a slow turn speed, it’s better to take the 10 seconds to fly over the trees, since you would be dodging trees anyways.

Trees are on the ground, you up in the air, you can’t hit trees that are below you.

It’s a common sense fact that even a fetus understands.

What is wrong with that fact?

What the hell are you talking about?..

I’m talking about trees as an annoyance in the context of Dragonriding here. You’re the only one that is taking it mega seriously to think it has something to do with fear.

…I didn’t even hit the skybox in my video. That’s not the max height you can reach lol. That happens to be enough of a height in order to avoid trees and other inconsistent hitboxes.

Then what are you doing?

10 seconds up, then whatever time it takes to get to your destination

… or I could just go where I want to go.

And you would have a point if your way was always faster or if maneuvering below the skybox was a chore. It’s not.

“Tree on ground” does not translate into no one being able to fly near them and you being right.

I could aks you the same thing.

Dood, look at what you’re going on about as if no one is able to DR because of trees… which isn’t happening.

Or you can just fly normally and also avoid them.

Well for one, i’m not doing this whole “No u” thing you’re doing right here, so there’s that.

For second, i’m using objective evidence. Trees in WoW have terrible hitboxes. You can’t really tell if a branch you would hit if you’re able to phase though or stand correctly or not. You haven’t explained how Trees don’t have bad hitboxes, when i can go to Azure span and try to touch the branches of the tall trees, but end up phasing though them.

Meanwhile i lost the number of times i hit a tree, only to be standing in dang air. As if they messed up the hit box position and it’s just slightly off the branch model.

Yeah, i take the optimal route.

Optimal in this context ultimately cuts out the risks of crashing into stuff, which in the long term, makes it faster in the long run.

Plus, we have vigor charges, thrill of the skies, ground skimming and so on to make the process faster to do. Not to mention, the differing tree heights per zone, so that 10 seconds is not even static, it can just be 5 seconds or 2 seconds even.

Are you saying Trees are in the Air? Lol.

Also, what the heck are you talking about now?.. You assume so much.

This whole “Fear” thing came out of nowhere from your own assumption (Presumably your misunderstanding of something so simple and basic of what i’m getting across here) of my comments. You confuse “Fear” with “Annoyance”.

Why you keep misintrepreting what i’m saying…? Where is this coming from?..

My way of Flying is just about as normal as yours. Idk why you’re trying to gatekeep people with immediate hostility over somebody who flies differently from you. Not even i have done that to you. I mean it sounds kind of deranged to imply my way of flying is not normal when… people have most likely done this and even shared the same tips, such as “Looking up while pressing space bar to get thrill of the skies while launching” for one. It’s in no different result then what i’m sharing.

I only shared my video to show how easily the “Consequences” OP is talking about can be easily circumvented with very little minuscule time lost. Something that Blizzard allows just fine, infact, from the getgo with Regular flying since TBC. The only difference the regular flying didn’t have physics to consider.

Because it’s irrelevant? Trees/obstacles exist yeah, that doesn’t make DR through the area impossible though.

I’ve had that happen during the Races, you know what I did? Avoid it the next time.

That is not what optimal means. You thinking of “safe”

That’s assuming can’t avoid stuff… when they can. It might be faster for YOU, but it’s not required and plenty of people can DR just fine without hitting stuff.

… have you been to the Emerald Dream?

This isn’t gatekeeping, you’re touting your way as the best way, when it fact it takes longer, all on the the belief that trees and other obstacles can’t be avoided. Which is fale.

It is relevant. Whether you want to subjectively disagree or not. WoW has bad hitboxes on Trees. And with DR with physics to consider, that issue is painfully spotlighted because they were never considered for DR it seems.

If the best hitboxes are the cliffs, then that’s kind of an issue. Mainly because Cliffs easily telepath to you that it’s a consistent hitbox.

Because you can literally fly over it. As my video shows.

Yet you seem to disagree with blatant proof showing we can…

That’s easier said then done when you have to hit checkpoints in a pretty fast paced race…

Worse is that Blizzard in their infinite wisdom, doesn’t to not have mid race corrections like bronze time lock thing, or recharging vigor ability… You hit something, you stop dead and it’s a hard reset. If all the trees do is just slow you a bit and not hard stop you, then it wouldn’t be much of an issue.

Optimal can be safe too.

Case and point; Healer DPS.

It helps anyways. I don’t see what’s the reason to be against it.

It’s faster for everybody in the long term.

Neither is Dragonriding. Hell, Flying isn’t required. You can RP walk to your destinations if you really want.

You keep going on and on about “Oh it’s 10 seconds”, and yet, you say this isn’t required despite the fact it will shave off the time to recover from a crash by eliminating that part of the risk entirely?..

And also, are we not gonna bring up that some people have disabilites, or have slow reaction time? This tip right here i’ve given them, probally help make their Dragonflying lives easier. You on the other hand, seem intent to make it harder by trying to gatekeep this.

Generally, the trees are on the ground.

And even if there’s a zone with trees flying in the air… I’l just fly higher then them.
:man_shrugging:

Unless their high to a point where their actually touching the skybox, then i’l fly in the perfect medium where ceiling trees and ground trees can’t get me either.

Which is… oh no, 3 seconds with no risk of crashing. Ahh. /s

I’ve already told you it saves so much time in long term by cutting out the risks. So factually, it is the best way.

I didn’t say or imply it’s the only way.

That’s a belief you came up in your head from your own misunderstanding of my comment.

Okay so this conversation went straight into the trash when you decided to use people with disabilities as a bludgeon, you done spending tokens?

Your way is safe. It’s valid.

We’re gonna disagree on it being “optimal”. You just pulling ableism and gatekeeping accusations out of left field is just throwing filth on your stance and anything you say.

No, i didn’t. It’s adding to a point where i don’t see what’s the problem with people’s normal way of flying here.

What do got against people giving tips on making DR flying easier, not just for those with disabilites or slow reaction times, but for everybody else as well?

You’re welcome to be wrong, but objectively it is optimal. No risks = Better.

And as i’ve said before, Optimal can be safe too.

Because you have gatekeeping all this time by being hostile towards anybody who has a difference in flying method and it shows.

I would show you respect if you shown me respect, but you didn’t.

From the moment with your first comment, you’ve shown no respect towards my opinion and seek to be angry against it and not even consider the idea the person is getting across or just ignoring it if it bothers you.

You keep using that word.

And welcome to ignore.

Well i say that because it’s true. You didn’t rebuke anything other then subjectively disagree while gatekeeping others.

Ahh, taking lessons from toxic positive bullies on these forums i see.

1 Like

I don’t need this. I like regular flying how it is. Dragon riding is there for those that love speed.