Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

Flying regularly with hovering and auto-run in the air offers an unparalleled sense of relaxation and tranquility. Gliding seamlessly through the skies, players can enjoy a peaceful journey, admiring the vast landscapes below at their leisure. This mode of travel provides a soothing escape from the game’s more intense elements, allowing players to unwind and enjoy the serene beauty of the virtual world.

On the other hand, dragon gliding, while lacking in this serene aspect, boasts a significant advantage: its unmatched speed. This feature makes dragon gliding the superior choice for players looking to traverse large distances quickly. The speed of dragon gliding is not just a minor upgrade; it’s a major game-changer, propelling players across the map at a pace that no other mode of transportation in the game can match.

This stark difference in speed leads to a skewed choice for players. For some players it isn’t even a genuin choice at all if all they care about is speed. While regular flying with hovering and auto-run offers a more relaxing and enjoyable experience, the sheer velocity of dragon gliding makes it the go-to option for efficiency and time-saving. If regular flying were to match dragon gliding’s speed, it would likely become the overwhelmingly preferred method of travel. The current setup doesn’t provide a real choice for players who value efficiency; the fastest speed in the game, offered by dragon gliding, dominates player preferences, overshadowing the tranquil experience of regular flying.

The game would be more fun with a more genuine choice instead of giving dragon gliding a huge advantage.

6 Likes

Who couldn’t see this one coming??

44 Likes

Speaking of more fun! I would love for my Dragon Glider mounts to be able to loop-the-loop as an ability.

Happy Sunday!

7 Likes

No. If you don’t want to participate in the content then you shouldn’t get the reward.

7 Likes

Reg flying should definitely go a bit faster at least in dragonriding zones as they feel ridiculously slow, or I guess they could buff fast travel too. Fine with either.

2 Likes

I rather have on-the-fly toggle to static/dynamic flying, while flying.

2 Likes

Which is coming next expansion.

EDIT: Oh you mean while you’re actually in the air. I’m certain there’s a technical issue there.

2 Likes

You know what’s the crazy thing about it? You’re not wrong there because this sort of thing can actually be experienced on a monk with it’s Zen flight. You can actually mount up to dragonriding mounts while using Zen Flight and it will act like a regular mount for a few seconds before going dragonriding.

I feel like that shouldn’t be the case given the same can’t be done on druids, and this is either a bug or an oversight by Blizzard when they introduced monks. And i’ve sent that to it’s grave either way by mentioning this. If it’s gone by tuesday, you have my full permission to blame me for it. :crazy_face: :hammer:

But Yes, when the technical issue is sorted out… i want a version where i can switch while in flight. Sort of like a… jet fighter with it’s Slow hover mode, and it’s fast jet mode.

2 Likes

This would be such a cool feature for mechanical mounts like the Gyrocopter.

5 Likes

Regular flying can’t go as fast as Dragonriding without making it practically unusable. Because regular flying has no acceleration. You go from 0 to 100 instantly. Making it insanely twitchy at Dragon riding speeds.

For reference. Maximum Dragonriding gliding speed is 930%, or 65 yards a second, and total maximum (Whirling surge) speed is ~1450%, or 100 yards a second. Those kinds of speed only work because you can control your speed. You can’t with regular flying. Just holding down the W key for 0.2 seconds too long would make you miss your target by 20 yards. Forget about ever landing on a small-ish object ever again.

9 Likes

I’d like to say a blind chipmunk but I bet it knew before the rest of us.

2 Likes

Nooooo OP, you are proving everyone right :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho… I wouldn’t mind it being bumped up to like 380 or 400%

But making them as fast as dragonriding would be a technical head ache I imagine. Plus it’s nice to slow down, though as someone mentioned, it’d cool to switch while in mid air.

2 Likes

Ok.

Reg flying can go as fast as dragonriding.

But you lose the ability to stop and hover. And flying becomes more active. You have to actually occasionally use an ability and/or aim while flying to get that speed.

6 Likes

I think regular flying is just fine as it is because it’s useful for more precise flying, and making it much faster would ruin that.

10 Likes

Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

no…it shouldnt.
you choose which advantages you want. you shouldnt get both.

11 Likes

Ive been a RABID supporters of those who were screaming for old flight.
I WONT support this crap, however.
They know there are TWO modes of flight now. If they want speed they need to learn to use the faster version.

12 Likes

It is pretty cool on druid where you can being burning the skies on your DRing mount, bang the flight form and instantly change over to slow flight.
Makes druid fun again, lol

i thought the reason players wanted the tbc flying was to avoid motion sickness and disabilities?
if you want to zoom around use dragon riding

11 Likes

And regular flying should require some kind of charge system…let’s call it vigor. And they could even make Regular Flying talent point collection…let’s call it glyphs…

6 Likes

Thats what most were complaining about. The wife has to adjust her game to accomodate her motion sickness, so I understand its a real thing with some players.

I doubt this is going to be an issue with most of them who were honest about why they didnt like DRing…but theres always gonna be that one who just wanted to complain about the new thing but wants the advantages and not the disadvantages that go along with it.

4 Likes