Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

So yeah.

Reg flying going as fast or near as fast as dragon flying would negate the entire existence of dragon flying and negate the main reasons people state they dislike dragon flying.

They each have their place and their pros and cons.

Part of the reason I donā€™t like dragonriding is that itā€™s too fast. The speed for regular flight is good as it is.

In the end, regardless of whether it gets equal speed with gliding, regular flying could use a bit of a speed boost

And perhaps an accessibility toggle in options where you can slow it down

Well, this took a lot less time than I anticipated.

NO

You all got your boring, no clip sky swimming. The trade off for that afk flight and horrendous hovering is slower speeds. Deal with it!

NO! Louder this time for those in the back.

3 Likes

This doesnā€™t mean what you think it does.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have the opinion from the block of players that quit DF already

A number of them were very likely not fans of gliding

But when you quit, you can no longer post. Which skews responses towards players who are more ok with gliding.

Well there are probably even more people who quit before DF because dragon-riding hadnā€™t been added to the game yet

How about no.

Why?

You mean a troll thread? No one could have seen it coming, not in a million years.

Stop acting like a single person talks for every single person who wants regular flight. Thanks.

Also, just for your reference, we were specifically told the reason they havenā€™t added faster flight speeds (back in Legion) because weā€™ve ā€œhit the max, even flight masters donā€™t go much fasterā€ - and with dragonriding, we know thatā€™s a blatant lie now.

So introducing a slightly faster regular flight speed isnā€™t really unwarranted. Not dragonriding speed, but faster than current regular flight. (And considering thereā€™s 500% difference between the two, thereā€™s wiggle room, as Iā€™m sure you can understand)

So you acknowledge that regular flying, if boosted to dragonriding speeds, would become the preferred flying methodā€¦and yet canā€™t see the flaw in your own dumb argument for why that should be the case?

Hmmmā€¦do I want to make $10 per hour or $1000 per hour? Same job mind you but which salary would you prefer? Really hard choice hereā€¦

Dragonriding has advantages. Regular flying has advantages. You pick what you want at any given moment.

1 Like

They shouldnt go at the same speed for this reason. That said, they should give regular flying a small boost and probably nerf dragonriding speed slightly so that both forms of travel are a bit more balanced to negate the problem that op is adressing

Theyā€™re already nerfing DR 20% outside the Isles -_-

Yeah. How come classic flying can do loops but new flying canā€™t. Makes no sense.

1 Like

I mean, wouldnā€™t one become automatically unnecessary then if that became the case in terms of speed?

2 Likes

that way I can use one friggen flying mount.

1 Like

Nah. DR is different than regular flight. Keep them separate.

1 Like

Oh they can, itā€™s very trippy.

For extra scariness, get your character drunk and then try to DR

1 Like

NO!. You want faster flying, learn and use dynamic flying. You want AFK swimming through the air, use that. Plain and simple.

No. I like my slower old fogey flying.

:cookie:

2 Likes