Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

Nope. Static flying will be unlocked soon after hitting max level with no Pathfinder.

No in fact I am not asking for anything other than access to my preferred flight mode at the same time and at the same level of effort that you lot expend for dragonriding.

I do not want faster classic flight…ever.

Oh and I agree, designing an expansion around a single system is a bad idea…just look at dragon isles. They were made to be flown in, not transversed on foot. I tired for two weeks and then quit to go play Fallout 4. Even that crashy mess was less frustrating than what WoW became in this expansion.

Hmmm. My mistake… if you’re sure. Wonder how “soon after” would work?

It’s supposed to be a tradeoff.

Just stop, you know full well that this game has no genuine choice. There are correct answers. Full stop.

If static flying was as fast as dynamic flying, then it’s just the correct mode of transportation. Always.

My assumption is they expect you to go through all of the zone storylines and that’s how it’ll unlock. And since we usually hit max level before finishing zones, that’s probably what they meant. It’s probably an unlock from the final qiest in the final zone. But that’s just my theory.

Or at the completion of the main story campaign or something to be determined at some point.

Have you seen anything directly from Blizzard saying that max level is the condition to unlock classic flight?

Yes. It was at Blizzcon.

Why do you get flight first?

Ask Blizzard. I’m not the one in charge. Nor have I ever stated anywhere in this thread one way or another about when anyone should get any form of flight. So I have no clue why you’re trying to pick a fight with me.

:dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

URL? Did not go to Blizzcon and frankly don’t trust Ion any further than I can throw him, and I am an 61 year old man with a broken back so that isn’t very far.

Sorry no. I’m not going back through all of those interviews and the entire hour long video to figure out where it was said and by who.

And I don’t even remember if it was Ion who said it. There were at least three different people giving information on the new expansions.

I am so tired of this argument… Dragonflying is MANDATORY AUTO RUN where you fly optimally by shooting straight up and then LITERALLY AUTORUN (glide) to where you want to go. Stop saying this as if you are somehow superior to people that have to have regular flight because you hit spacebar 6 times before you “HiT NuMlOCk AnD aLt TabBeD Hurr hur durr”

1 Like

I’m pretty sure OP’s post was written using ChatGPT. So it’s most likely a bait.

3 Likes

They’re talking total speed. Mounted speed is applied on top of the default 100%, so 310% flying has you moving at 410%.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll allow bot software that can control your dragon for you.

/ducks

1 Like

No please no, I need regular flying to be slower or it will give me motion sickness too.

3 Likes

Allow? No. But it does already exist. lol

Sorry but no, there should be some reward for using dragon riding and the increased speed is the pay off for having to deal with that entire system. If you want the easy mode flight (and I use it frequently for gathering) then you move slowly.

1 Like

That only happens because Dragon-riding added lines and sound effects to go along with dragon-riding.

From the CDC.gov site here…

Motion sickness happens when the movement you see is different from what your inner ear senses. This can cause dizziness, nausea, and vomiting. You can get motion sick in a car, or on a train, airplane, boat, or amusement park ride. Motion sickness can make traveling unpleasant, but there are strategies to prevent and treat it.

Actually yes. You just complete one quest and you have a Dragonriding mount to dragonride.

No, it shouldn’t. It should kept the same, only with a toggle to go back and forth between static/dynamic while flying.

You can see what it’s like to move at 900% movement speed without dragon-riding physics by going to the Cobalt Assembly on a demon hunter, getting 100 stacks of the mastery buff, 5 stacks of the speed buff (Temporal Hiccups I think), and 4 stacks of the shrinking buff.

You’ll go so fast that it’s actually uncomfortable; you can’t even safely get close to the edges of the Cobalt Assembly because you might accidentally fall off