Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

I wouldn’t want normal flying to be faster. But if they did make it an option, I’d use the slow toggle. Flying at breakneck speed would be too distracting to me.

4 Likes

Then tooltip of blizz needs to change, it shows 310 … 410 with deja addon.

Then semantics, raise it higher. A notch faster would be nice.

1 Like

Have you ever played on a private server where things like mount speeds are editable? Too fast of a ground mount speed becomes a nightmare, especially on maps like Outland or Shadowlands where you can fall into the void if you are not careful.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I wasn’t the first, but according to my Activity tab, I’ve been calling it since January 1st 2023: When are we getting normal flying? - #212 by Wulm-aerie-peak

3 Likes

Guild perk is a perk. Class perk is another one.

Thus why I said plural and explained their existence and plainly stated that with the perks that is the speed you’re going.

Pretty sure without the perks, it’s 400%. I’ll have to check.

Then you are welcome to use dragonriding all you want, Ion is giving you the whole game and all of its future expansions…to bad I can’t use what I want to use.

Why are dragonriders so determined to kill any other flight model?

And juvenile insults are silly.

Deja shows me on my DH 410 flying speed.
Not in a guild.

Blizzard’s tooltip says flying is increased 310.

Hence the confusion.

The thread is about the speed preference for BC flight, keeping it at +310% is nothing like wanting it killed.

1 Like

Reaction…? What do you react to with regular flying?

Players have always been able to reach the edge of a map. It’s why fatigue is a thing.

None of this makes any sense.

3 Likes

Because it’s not taking into account the base speed.

Yes I know now.

Sorry I made it confusing!

It’s ok, no harm done.

1 Like

Cool, don’t use it then.

Doesn’t matter.

Okay, cool.

Go play them. lol

Designing the game to revolve around a system that essencially is antigame isn’t a good thing. You already have your regular flying. What you’re asking for is benefits just so you don’t feel motivated to use DF. The reason you can’t right off the bat after an expansions launch is so it won’t detract from gameplay experience.

1 Like

I think where the confusion comes from is that the tool tip says you ADD 310% speed, by saying it is an increase over your normal.

The add on is counting in your normal movement speed as 100%, and then adding the 310 on top of that.

1 Like

Yup it is easy to overlook , tooltip could use from an extra word to just emphasize that bit. Other wise I do get it now. My bad.

Ok, you win. I and my husband will be leaving, husband is done in Jan, I am out on Feb 29 and will not return unless this policy changes.

Why can’t you share?

Policy did change, both flights are available from the start with the next expansion. At least that was my understanding from the presentation. If that’s not what you’re asking for, I’m not sure how its possible to grant without going back in time.

1 Like

Share what exactly?