Reg flying and dragon gliding should be same speed

I think this is the best reason to keep static flight at a lower speed. If it were too fast you would lose the precision which is its main advantage.

4 Likes

If I could use DR, I would choose not to. To me it is too fiddly and immersion breaking - basically ram racing in the sky. I did not play WoW because I wanted to play a flight based racing game.

I really believe that if it was the same speed as classic flight, it would die. Who would want to go to that effort without a significant advantage? And now they have made it even more advantageous since dragonriders will never be grounded while classic flight mode users will have to be earn classic flight for each future expansion either by using DR or by walking.

It is the reason I will not be purchasing future retail expansions. I will not be a part of a system that expects me to walk while others fly and expects me to earn what others get for nothing. The sad part is that I do not care if it is faster. You all can have your zoom zoom mounts, just let me fly my way.

Blizzard has made its choice, mine is to walk away.

1 Like

And going faster negates that.

No. It should not go faster. There are those with vision and neurological disorders where their sight and/or brain cannot process the speeds of dynamic flying.

I even know people who had to quit the game because they couldn’t keep the slowest flying, since we are now automatically granted the riding skills.

Absolutely not, leave static flying alone.

3 Likes

Regular flying is like flying a helicopter. You can hover over a spot and move around easily.
Dragon flying is like flying an airplane. You have to keep wind blowing over the wings to keep from stalling.

Our world gets along well with both helicopters and airplanes. This one can as well.

4 Likes

Static flying with all perks is 410% - 420%.

Dynamic flying is anywhere between 850% and 1200%. Usually steady around 930% most of the time.

1 Like

I am shocked I tell you!! SHOCKED!

2 Likes

What perks?
Right now it is 300% or 310 for me, don’t remember.

I don’t remember it ever being 410.

1 Like

Guild perk makes it 410%. DK and Pally auras make it 420%.

Deja Character Stats correctly adds together all of the percentages to show you the actual speed percent of your movement.

2 Likes

Reward?..dragonriding is a curse on the game even worse than mythic+. And you are all welcome to it, wouldn’t use it if I could.

Also, what exactly did you do to earn dr? Completed one quest? I am expected to complete the entire story campaign on foot in order to earn my flight model. Not going to happen, I will spend my time until my sub ends Feb 29 building out alts’s garrison holiday decorations and playing the new classic mode. Anything but this expansion’s content.

There are other games out there that won’t treat me like last week’s fish.

3 Likes

i dont understand.
its like 400 for fast flight with a guild bonus of like +10 and another +10 for something on some of my characters.
400+ is about right.

1 Like

I do not want my regular flying mounts to be as fast as the dragon flying mounts. Their primary advantage for me is precisely their lower speed so I can maneuver in tighter spots, even as slow as 310% speed things can be a bit overly quick to land exactly at the right spot.

3 Likes

Oh. Yeah, not something I was talking about. Perks are meaningless if I’m not in a guild or a dk/paladin.

1 Like

You are speaking of perks and being a certain class.

I meant to bring the rest up to that point.

A lot of my alts only have 300 or so.

1 Like

Your opinion isn’t fact, though.

But because people have differing opinions like this is why you have a few versions of Classic. Can’t make everyone happy, but at least with four different game modes, there’s bound to be something to make at least some happy.

4 Likes

this is a character on a normal flying mount.

https://imgur.com/a/CjRZJcc

ALL of my characters who have fast flight are 400ish or higher.

1 Like

Would prefer classic flight to remain unchanged thanks. It is a good balance between render speed and reaction time. Also when mounts become too fast, people will be able to reach the edges of the maps which is immersion breaking.

2 Likes

This is a level 49 warlock on a flying mount.
Nothing special about his class
https://imgur.com/XLwGt0P

420 speed.

1 Like

Camera mode isn’t flying. It’s pushing the button forward then dealing with the agony of waiting 5 minutes to reach your destination.

Dynamic Flying rewards you with fast trips but you have to actually play the game, not alt+tab after pressing numlock.

3 Likes

Exactly. I do not want faster classic flight. I just want classic flight to be available when dynamic flight is and at the same level of effort.

2 Likes

Idk I’m indifferent on that but ground mounts should be at least 250%.