Refuting the common arguments against Dual Spec

It is not a big deal.
that is exactly my point.

It is not needed on TBC.
Stop changing the game for all convenience you guys think it would be cool.

Next is LFD, then LFR.

Cross-realm LFG. It would be great. Karazhan is ez, we can have LFR, teleport to dungeons, etc.

It is all going to this direction. I’m sorry, if there was a huge need for dual spec at TBC I would be supporting it.

It is not the case.

Then if people are struggling to enjoy the game because it doesn’t exist. And it is causing people to actively not play the game why not implement it?

I don’t need to. We got what we wanted regardless of whatever circumstances you think are relevant. So…

People cannot be struggling to enjoy the game because dual spec does not exist.
You’re struggling because either you don’t have gold or you’re not playing the game.

Your solution is simple: farm a bit, you’ll get the gold to re-spec so you can PvP (while I also don’t understand how can you not PvP with any spec at all).

It seems to me that you want to go full META on both specs…
not actually have fun.

It’s not a big deal as long as it’s not in the game. It’s not in the game currently, and thus, is not a big deal to “work around” not having it.

How is this even remotely a “kettle meet pot” scenario, lol. It’s like you just love using the phrase and have to awkwardly makes things meet the criteria for you to use it.

Telling someone that what they are saying is their opinion and is not fact, is not the linguistic equivalent of claiming that everything I’m saying is fact. These are two different conversations entirely.

Most of what I’m saying is my opinion, and most of what Fasc is saying is his own opinion. Difference is I don’t go so far as to deny the burden of proof in an effort to assure that everything I’m saying must be fact.

Likewise.

Lol, so now you’re telling me how I feel?

Also, wowza, way to take the Sharia Law thing out of context, but I guess I’m used to that with your type at this point…

You were asking me how what you want has any bearing or impact on me.

I simply used that as an example to demonstrate how something that has a direct impact on someone…makes asking the question “How does it impact you?” sort of arbitrary, if not absurd.

You can pick whatever scenario you like.

It’s like a referee telling a sports player in a divisive play “How does my decision impact you?”.

Directly.

It’s like a lion telling a gazelle, “I’m just hungry, how does it impact you?”.

Directly.

It’s like a hockey stick telling a hocky puck, “I need to score a goal, how does it impact you?”.

Directly.

The point being made is pretty clear here, and yet you’re focusing on the way the point was made. Either acknowledge the point being made, or continue whining about how it was made in to your own oblivion as you suffer from “woosh” syndrome.

You can keep on hoping, I won’t take that away from you.

If we reach the end of TBCC and it doesn’t get added though, I’m going to make a thread and tag all the memorable names who fought tirelessly to get it added and thought that all the justification was there and that it is a near done-deal, and enjoy the crow eating.

Of course, if they add it (unlikely), you may or may not get anything from me. I might just silently quit, so who knows.

Fasc basically called this exactly what it was:

You assume people are being rude to you simply for disagreeing with you and so you’ve given yourself permission to just be rude to them.

Oh, you want context? Here it is:

For everyone to see how ridiculous your responses are.

#SomeChanges

Mmm…no, I just see that when someone is obviously, literally being rude…I would deem that rudeness. Not sure what you’re talking about.

Yup, I read it and…I’m still getting the exact point that I was attempting to make to you then, and made a valiant effort to re-explain one post above that you…conveniently ignored, yikes.

#nodualspec

That was the first circumstance in a chain of circumstances that got us Classic. Thats how this all started but feel free to cherry pick if you think that helps you in any way.

I mean, I could remind you that Blizzard’s first priority with Classic was Blizzard but sometimes the best victory laps are the ones you didn’t earn but still feel fine taking credit for.

You’re just lying. All the time. You can’t keep a single thing you say straight at all.

Sorry, don’t recall Holly Longdale ever saying that. However, I do recall her saying #SomeChanges. :blush:

So, #SomeChanges

I’m playing the game I said that I wanted Blizzard to make. If that’s cherry-picking, then please feed me more cherries! :yum:

You mean Blizzard? As in the people who made World of Warcraft?!

So the first priority for the people making the game is themselves? Umm…huh-doy!!

:clown_face:

Not at all, but I’m not sure you have a solid grasp of objective vs subjective so I’m not too bothered by your confusion.

/thread

Why would there be? Infinity isn’t scientific, but infinity exists. If you’re going to argue that we have to have scientific evidence for something to exist, you have a LOT to answer for given everything you’ve said in this thread.

Materialists are very silly people. Don’t be a materialist.

This doesn’t follow because the premise is unsound. Disregarded.

Clearly incorrect when the premise is unsound. Disregarded.

There is no “it” to disregard without you establishing what “it” is, let alone that “it” exists. Then again, you asserted infinity doesn’t exist because it isn’t scientific so I think you’re entirely unequipped to handle this discussion at all.

Nope!

Incorrect, not every gain has an equal and opposite loss. What is gained by adding something such as Dual Spec may be greater than, equal to, or less than what is lost by adding something such as Dual Spec. Some changes can be merely net positives, or actually pure positives (or the opposites as well, or no change at all).

It doesn’t need to pave the way and it doesn’t even need to flow from WotLK. The Devs made a pointed set of remarks during interviews when TBCC was first coming around which include a marked departure from authenticity for authenticity’s sake. This is why they already had then decided to do things like give both Faction Seals from WotLK and add Boosts from a much later expansion (MoP? I actually don’t remember). This is also why they said they’d be open to even more changes as the community wanted/needed, provided it was in the best interest of said community.

Most importantly: Blizzard noted that the community of Classic players consisted of returning veterans and new players in large numbers, and that the overall Classic community is significantly more modern and expecting modern adaptations and solutions.

It doesn’t need to flow from anywhere. Dual Spec is very popular and Blizzard has asked for our feedback, so we give it. If Blizzard chooses to implement it, great! If not, also great, I’m still enjoying the game. I’d enjoy it more with Dual Spec added, but it isn’t a deal breaker. That’s really all there is to it.

There is no limitation on Blizzard that they address a “need” to make a change, they said as much in their interviews regarding #somechanges.

To which his go to is, “I hope they don’t and it is very unlikely that they will for objective reasons that are only based on my opinion. Also stop wanting things I don’t want and asking Blizzard for them or I’m gonna get sooo mad and call you a racist or something!”

1 Like

There’s a helluva lot of angst over a popular request being requested regularly.

2 Likes

sToP rUiNiNg ThE gAmE iT’s StIlL pUrE aNd NoT lIkE rEtAil!

1 Like

Seems like circular logic to me. But either way, seems like it is a big deal for some, and an unnecessary gold sink IMO

Massive off topic point incoming:

Wow - have no idea how the discussion got to mathematics - difficult responding when only reading half your conversation - the person you’re quoting is blocked.

But I have to chime in here - people without a mathematics background often fall into the trap of thinking about “infinity” as a thing or a state. It’s not. There is not such thing as “infinity” in terms “this is as big as infinity”. There’s multiple cardinalities describing infinite (or without bound) series. Mathematically you could euphemistically say there are different sizes of infinity - but even there you’re not describing a state just that different unbound scopes have different cardinalities. There’s no “infinity point” in an infinite series and there probably is nothing that “reaches” infinity as that’s fairly mathematically absurd.

At any rate talking about infinite as an instance makes no sense at all - infinite describes a series without a finite limit that is all. Integers have a different cardinality than rational numbers etc … this describes their limits within topological space.

So, you can say a series is infinite - meaning it has no bound in a series within a given set of numbers. But it isn’t at infinity and there’s no infinity for it to get to. The series will always have an n+1. That’s all it means.

When determining limits you can determine a limit to a finite point and that then is it’s limit or a limit approaching infinity - infinity is not a thing in this case but rather denotes a series without a bounded limit, or rather unbound, that’s all.

So talking about an “instance of infinity” is nonsense.

TlDR version:
Not sure who is even digging into this rabbit hole without seeing the other half of the conversation - but yeah there’s no point pursuing this “instance of infinity” line of argument as it fundamentally misunderstands what “infinity” refers to. In a topic about game design decisions it’s an absurd conjecture that makes no sense. Can’t see the relevance of it.

1 Like

I would expect someone in favor of dual specs to say nothing less. As I said earlier, this is pointless because people dont share the same values. Opinions are equal though, no winners there. Some people are content if not prefer the game in its more “natural” state without conveniences like dual specs. Some would like them very much and work their agenda toward that end.

If we absolutely have to ask the question of who should get their way and answer it honestly (no bias) I think it would go something like this:

Dual specs weren’t a thing in TBC. Since there’s no legitimate supporting argument for dual specs actually being necessary and it lands squarely into convenience for convenience sake territory there’s little to no incentive to accommodate the entitlement.

Again, with the understanding that there was no holy writ that commanded it had to be exactly a certain way the general idea behind the Classic revival was to get away from conveniences like dual specs regardless of how many people ultimately desire them.

My advice would be to wait for WotLK.

That’s a fair point. Everyone who wants dual spec, cancel your sub and uninstall until it exists. That will make the game better. Mine is expiring soon and I will probably not resub until dual spec exists.

There is never, under any circumstance, to take im quitting until i get my way threats seriously. Grow up.