Refuting common arguments against Dual Spec

Based on your arguments, triple spec would make more sense than dual spec. So why not triple spec instead. Why not triple class and even triple race as well? Why should I have to level multiple characters? I should be able to change my class and race on one character whenever I want. That would be most convenient.

1 Like

You’re the only one who said anything about free respects. Nobody is asking to turn it into retail. Dual Spec doesn’t even remove gold costs, it just makes the game more convenient for everyone. People are asking for it, Blizzard will add it, or they won’t.

1 Like

Like in MoP when they removed the cost of talent respecs entirely? Swapping in rested areas? Nobody is asking for that.

Agree to disagree.

No, it turns a permanent gold sink into a one time gold sink. It’s free long term because you are saving money if you do truly plan on respecing multiple times a day.

Wtf did she say? This isn’t retail? Lmao… we have reached peek levels of mental gymnastics.

Even with Dual Spec, people still need to respec occasionally. Sometimes you need to run a different heal spec, or might respec your DPS to a more raid/dungeon/pvp oriented build. This does not remove gold costs, as we literally saw in wotlk when it was first introduced.

1 Like

Right? Because retail doesn’t have dual spec either. Because in retail we have any spec, anytime we want.

Except they patched it soon after and made it 10g. It drastically reduces costs regardless of the discount later on as well.

You could try reading it, I suppose.

I think I even helpfully quoted the relevant bit.

I lost IQ points at the first sentence and couldn’t finish that wall of text.

false
repeating a lie does not make it true
the logical fallacy of “all or nothing” is a fallacy.

What about dual spec, but your character has a permanent 5-10% debuff in damage and healing while dual specced? That might actually be an interesting choice. It would make sense that specializing in multiple areas is less effective than specializing in one.

1 Like

I see you couldn’t make it to the second, and final, sentence of mine.

Nonseense everything is definitely on the table, the pandoras box of #somechanges has been opened

that’s an interesting idea that could be tried in wrath classic. my dream is that blizzard realizes dual spec is bad and takes it out of wrath classic entirely though. the tears would be epic.

no doubly no

Why? Did they do that in Wrath of the Lich King? No. Does it hurt you that people want it sooner? Do your feels ache because Blizzard started fiddling with things like level boosts and adding a store mount and racial paladin seals, and now people want some QoL changes?
I would love it if I could get Revive on my Druid, which was added in wotlk pre-patch. Maybe I wouldn’t get turned down for trying to heal dungeons multiple times a day. All the arguments made against a change like that were design choices that were later discarded, like Warriors not being able to charge in combat, or paladins needing to re-apply their seals every time they judge. But we’re not here asking for all these changes, just that we get a little QoL in dual spec to deal with the lack of tanks and healers.

“nooo that requires thinking. now i have to decide whether dual spec is worth it or not. noooooo. it has to be an easy nobrainer”

the leap from “alliance paladins get seal of blood” to “lets have dual spec an expansion early” is like trying to jump over the grand canyon.