Refuting common arguments against Dual Spec

Is it though? Oh NO, they’re swapping talents and doing dungeons, instead of standing around shouting “LF1M Tank then gtg” for an hour. I can only imagine how rough it would be on the longevity of the game if a PvE spec healer swapped to ret/shadow/feral/enhance to did some quests while queued for a BG in their PvP spec.
Not dumping hundreds of gold a day just to swap between builds every time we feel like doing different content? What would we do with ourselves? The world would surely burn.

It won’t help with any shortage. Tanks and healers will always be harder to find, even with lfd. Plus, even classes that can tank will use their dual spec for pve and pvp spec, not tank. So they would need to respec anyway if they were to go tank. Another issue is they need the gear to tank. Adding dual spec is not resolve it. If you wanna play two specs so bad, just respec every now and then or level 2 characters.

1 Like

The batching reduction from 400ms to 10ms has a significantly larger impact on gameplay than Dual Spec would.

Says you. I literally tanked and had a PvP spec on my DK in wotlk. I had a Ret and Holy spec. I had an Arms/fury spec. I had Resto/ele specs. Every person I knew played like that, with the exception of pure DPS classes. All of this “But nobody will do it. It will always be a problem.” clearly doesn’t remember that wotlk was the MOST popular expansion. Peak subs. Prove me wrong.
Dual spec was great then, and it would be great now.

1 Like

nobody ever had a purity test for technical changes like the batching system.

There was little growth in player base compared to classic and tbc. Wrath was just riding the coat tails of Classic and TBC. The only thing that kept it going was the questing zones, Ulduar, and Arthas. Just look up any chart of subscribers over time in Google.

1 Like

Demand lol, or what?
Old saying; two wrongs don’t make a right.

Dual spec will be in Wrath, see you there!

No actual counter argument so we’ll just throw some insults. Thanks for being predictable. :wink:

There have been plenty of arguments, these people just keep parroting the strawman arguments.

You still haven’t supplied an argument.
Why must this feature be put in on a “classic” game meant to recreate the way TBC was?

Let’s hear yours.
And by the way, the person you preferred to insult has a very strong argument.

1 Like

I mean I personally would prefer it wasn’t added in wrath either but since it was historically in wrath I kind of have to accept it.

It’s a time thing and a business choice…

You are stating it’s my choice, that’s why I should pay when other classes don’t?

That makes zero sense. With that logic, then blizzard should never listen to ANYONE because its our choice to play the game or not.

now you’re getting it

Its the concept that if any change is allowed to doors are opened, crying about dual spec while at the same time justifying Sob is idiocy

First of all i dont care if Alliance has Sob, what is wrong is people using a purity test on people about dial-spec while ignoring the SoB change

They weren’t necessary. I didn’t need the tinnitus debuff or the pally seal change. It doesn’t affect my game play at all. But unlike you I don’t fight against a change that makes the game better for other people.

1 Like

While I don’t agree with the SoB change, it was implemented to address Faction Balance. Faction Balance was intended as part of the original game. So there is some method to the madness.

Blizzard outright stated back in 2006 that they wanted Talents to be significant, considered decisions. Dual Spec contradicts the intention of the original developers. That’s the only argument that matters to me.

The economy is so inflated from how out of hand bots and RMT were in Classic that the respec fees aren’t even an issue - it’s simply a massive inconvenience to have to travel back to old world and respec.

To keep it accurate to what the TBC economy was like respec costs would have to be like 500g at the cap.

I really don’t see the reason for not having dual spec, it is one of those quality of life changes that didn’t really negatively impact anything in the game’s environment - although I’d like to see restrictions put on when you can change specs in TBC to prevent it giving certain advantages.

They could even do a dual spec that is “PvE” and “PvP” - if you aren’t queue’d into a PvP flagged instance like a BG or arena you cannot swap to the PvP spec and if you aren’t inside a PvE instance you cannot swap to the PvE spec - while being able to independently switch between both in open world.