Refuting basless WoW is dying claims

wtf, are you joking?

2 Likes

nope, are u?

Predictions of wow’s death have been going on since, well, year 1. So, white noise.

I dunno, Meritha but I am seeing a lot of former WoW players in other games and that has been the case for the last several months. So I have to take issue that the genre is dying or in trouble – MMO pops are quite healthy.

It’s just that BfA is garbage and less resembles a real MMORPG anymore than a time-gated Diablo-hybrid on rails. WoW has lost its soul.

nah there is still a market for the game, legion and the beginning of WoD proved that, WoW itself just isn’t fufilling anymore so people dont play it, if WoW had meaningful and fufilling progression again the players would come back

BfA sold more copies first day than any other expansion. I don’t think you can really say WoD proved anything at the beginning, but then not say the same for BfA.

Nonsense. Did you read what actually happened?
They kept jacking up the $$$ for them to leave. THAT ISNT just letting them leave because they want to, friend. That is DESPERATION NEEDING them to leave…ie a business who is cutting back because they are in financial trouble.

WoD had the highest sub numbers since Wrath on launch, bfa only sold copies, and clearly they didnt stick around

We have no idea what the sub numbers were at the beginning of BfA. So again, your statements aren’t proving anything.

edit: I am going to leave it here before I get into another anecdotal argument.

1 Like

And the game has apparently been in steady decline for a few expansions now, overall.
So it takes a little longer than some expected for it to finally fail…so what?
The predictions are still right when the game finally does fail.

im gonna avoid and arguement too but all im saying is that the sub numbers from WoD, and the sales from Legion and Bfa, do prove the market is still there, WoW itself is just not good

Game is bad.

A large number of people are having the same problems? Oh no… that might mean that a large number of people are running into the same road blocks.

Because everyone is quitting because some butthole on the internet said something. People don’t have opinions or experiences, what are those? :crazy_face:

Or you are, one of those. I mean an hour to complete a +10, I would be mad too if that was the best I could do

Unapologetic truth.

If you’re not hating on the game then you’re not getting likes/favorites/subscribes.

They help introduce the game to people. For example the ONLY reason Five Nights at Freddy’s got such a following was because of Pewdiepie.

Stock price is more affected by Diablo Immortal tanking at Blizzcon. Also ATVI valuation was at 34 P/E meaning they would have to pull in insane profits to justify that. As the market tightened the money supply via the fed it was bound to tank and ATVI is included when the rest of the tech sector got taken down.

Similar periods in WoW:

1. Sunwell pre Wrath
  2. 8 month drought between Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown
  3. Infamous period after 5.2
  4. 6.0 to 6.2 in WoD. Judging from what I have seen only thing that did not gut this game was announcing Legion.

The issue right now is simple. Currently the storyline is just not interesting after something like Legion. You went from Titans, Other planets and space ships too trolls with Jamaican accents and RNG heavy loot system.

I just came back and I honestly regret not coming back for Legion as that honestly sounds far more interesting then BFA. Currently I am giving it a chance but I can definitely see the complaints.

Blizzard has a lot of old god content that they need to tap ASAP.

Ironically the story of Draenor and Legion was what was complained bout by the RPers. We did not want our MC to be the chosen one or a great Alliance commander. Having 50 people walking around with Ashbringers killed any sort of immersion. BfA brought us back to what we always wanted, just another soldier of the Alliance.

I agree with the legendary issue and it was addressed with BFA but being just another soldier trying to recruit yet another race is getting old. They are obviously leading up the idea that the Horde and Alliance are wearing each other down then N’Zoth will make a move through Ashara in 8.2

Nowhere am I seeing an NPC saying that Azerite literally bleeding from the planet might not be such a good idea to farm or what the consequences will be. If anything we are being encouraged to do it. What would have been a cool concept is as more and more Azerite is farmed that it started to kill the planet. LITERALLY just hijack the Final Fantasy 7 plot.

To be fair I didn’t read your post, just the title. Because “WoW is dying” has been going around for years. Nothing new really. If one wants to take the time to read them you can glean some legitimate issue probably but having to sift through all the gunk makes it hard.