Refund on Feldrake being bought with gold?

I saw recently that you can get the mount for free after i spent alot of gold buying it? Is there a way to get the gold back?

3 Likes

Not really. If you bought it on the ah, Blizzard would have to remove someone’s gold and they aren’t going to do that unless it was obtained illegally. Sorry.

3 Likes

It’s a different color, and not the same as the Feldrake mount from the card game.

As Necrodemos said, you purchased it, so someone else has the gold. They are not going to remove it from them.

3 Likes

Where does it say that it’s a different variation?

3 Likes

Having issues lately with the forums, not showing I replied to you Melaesia. That’s directed to you for clarification; please.

Perhaps the article is wrong, as it is from a third-party. The screenshots on the main webpage story looks very different from screenshots of the original Feldrake, though that could just be graphic improvements over 15 years.

3 Likes

I do believe it is stating it’s a recolor of the original drake(s) which became a thing in Wrath. Not that this will be recolor or upgraded model of the current Feldrake. Hence WotLK came out 2008 - this card released in 2012.

1 Like

It’s neither. They say all over the place that the game can change at anytime with no or little warning. Also what law did they exactly break that would make it criminal? Like what exactly are you going to report them to the police for?!? They add and take away items and other content all the time, they have never issued refunds for it.

14 Likes

Perhaps that’s the way they meant it. I didn’t interpret it that way, but it makes sense.

Do you have a link for that Support article? Either way, the game is subject to change, and as different developers come and go, decisions like that are never final. They also once stated they would never do WoW Classic, because the base game code no longer exists.

This is Blizzard’s game, and they determine what happened to their own property. You can put in a ticket to ask, but I guarantee they aren’t going to take legitimately-earned gold off another player to give back to you, nor are they just going to generate gold to pay you back.

As for “criminal”, well…go get a lawyer and sue Blizzard for the in-game gold. While I understand your frustration, you are not going to succeed with that line.

5 Likes

Nope

2 Likes

Since they never said a recolor or something simiilar couldn’t or wouldn’t be added, no. No it is not.

3 Likes

No. Just like with the helms they gave away that people bought off the Blizzard Shop with real money - they’re not going to refund you anything. You had it to use before the promotion. There is no false advertising, scams or anything of the sort. There is no exclusivity clause. They could give away the Spectral Tiger next and just keep rolling from there. Their game, their choice.

12 Likes

Good luck with that. Go speak to a lawyer.

22 Likes

Let us know how that goes. /snickers

10 Likes

You do know that the TcG hasn’t even been a thing for almost 10 years now right? Like it was discontinued in 2013… Also are you going to sue Upper Deck who had the license from 2006 to 2010 or Cryptozoic who had the license from 2010 to 2013? Because they are the ones who would have put out the cards and arranged the loot. All Blizzard did was give them the license and agree to make the loot available in game.

Also, the whole game can change at any time with little or no warning thing would mean that you will either get laughed out of any lawyer office you go to, or you will get taken by a morally corrupt lawyer who will just take your money and let your suit get thrown out while forcing you to pay the court costs as well. So hey, good luck with that.

7 Likes

Your exclusive TCG mount is still exclusive as long as there is no other mount exactly like it. This one is a different color, so not the same as the exclusive TCG mount.

Good luck with the lawsuit, though.

1 Like

Just because I do recall one of our SFAs chiming in when the helms made their appearance a few months ago:

7 Likes

No. There was nothing when you bought it that said they wouldn’t give it away for free years later. You take that chance buying anything, in-game and real life. Also, you technically bought it third party, so if there WAS so sort of reparation, it would be to the person who redeemed it, not you.

2 Likes

Isn’t the free mount a different color?

5 Likes

Yes, it’s a recolour.

4 Likes