Refund - False Advertisement (Dino Mount)

It’s not false advertisement.

You don’t get a refund.

9 Likes

But the original Bruto mount is still available via the Black Market Auction House. It was only removed from the in-game vendor.

10 Likes

Last I heard, the mount could be found on the black market, but during the time, anyone could get it cheaper when it was buyable from a vender.

8 Likes

In addition to the mount on the store not being the item you purchased in BfA, I am quite confident that their statement said the mount would be removed from the vendor and put on the BMAH, not that it was forever gone.

Furthermore, once you used the item, it would become non-refundable, unless it was already non-refundable on the purchase window. A GM cannot bypass that.

14 Likes

They didn’t say that.

3 Likes

Do you mind linking to said statement? Could easily be a misunderstanding.

4 Likes

At the time they did say this. They did indeed say that that it could be found on the black market house later on but I would argue that doesn’t change the original statement that they would not have a mount like this in the future.

Tricky Nick and Talutu are certainly not selling the Brutosaur.

4 Likes

It’s a different mount, so any statement related to the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur does not apply to the Trader’s Gilded Brutosaur. So there is no false “advertisement” as you so claim.

9 Likes

Tricky Nick was probably the one that helped them cook up this outrage though…

You can always rest assured that there are two constants:

1. There will be outrage, always.
  2. The NPC did not make the new mount model. Because they are NPCs. Not people
6 Likes

How to acquire the Brontosaurus Mount was changed in patch 9.0.1 (pre-release for Shadowlands).

Here is the Wowhead announcement that contains Blizzard OFFICIAL announcement for that patch:

Now, look under the section that says Black Market Auction House and you’ll see the following:

• The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur is no longer sold by vendors and will now be occasionally available on the Black Market Auction House.

It says nothing about going away forever.

12 Likes

While it seems the older thread is not available anymore, I luckily grabbed a screencap from one of our SFAs that I pull out every time something new is a Twitch Drop, Prime Freebie or goes up on the Retail shop. Then folks start getting all bent out of shape and upset. You’ve had use of the mount for years and likely have remade back what you spent on it over time. There is nothing to refund, no compensation due to any player.

Source

11 Likes

Does this new mount in any form change the way of how your current mount functions? Does it not summon anymore? Are you not able to access it’s vendors any longer?

You’re not going to see a refund. Just that simple.

5 Likes

I don’t recall that ever being stated, I would be interested in any link you may have to an official statement that said that.

Either way, we do not provide reimbursements or refunds for content updates.

20 Likes

This was never a statement. In fact, the statement was as follows:

12 Likes

As it shows above, it’s been available this entire time.

I have seen comments where they did intend it to stay a bit more rare than something like a repair mount, and I do believe that will still be the case. 90$ is a lot of money for some people, and not everyone is rushing out to buy the mount.

2 Likes

The closest I found was this:

$90 store mount may not be as common as a repair mount, but they’re definitely gonna be a lot of 'em. So maybe the new mount kinda goes against the spirit of that statement. Anyway, that’s what I found.

To the OP, I personally don’t care about the “depreciation in exclusivity” of my old Brutosaur, but I can understand that you and others might feel differently.

#dfmb
#df2v