Refund - False Advertisement (Dino Mount)

Indeed. There was one on my realm’s BMAH yesterday.

screenshot

3 Likes

Woah, you can get the BMAH in the Garrison? Good to know!

1 Like

It allows you to VIEW the BMAH, but not bid. The NPC is unlocked via quest for your Garrison that starts from a Shipyard mission.

link: https://www.wowhead.com/mission=647/black-market-journal

However, if you wish to access & bid on the BMAH from anywhere, then you can use the Encrypted Black Market Radio from the Tinkering system in Mechagon.

:arrow_up: That last section is currently having some issues. The ability to see any items seems to come and go. So the Radio might not be a reliable method (and therefore not worth the effort to acquire) at this time.

6 Likes

I thought those were disabled with the release of War Within? …or at least using it causes the radio itself to say an error message in /say chat.

I will check soon as I get in game. My apologies if they are no longer working.

UPDATE: I can get the BMAH menu screen to come up just fine, however it is not showing any items, when there are items currently listed.

UPDATE AGAIN: Okay and now the items are showing up. Sylvester is playing tricks on me it seems.

But I will update my previous post. Thanks, Etamalgren.

2 Likes

Since there is a shop bruto they should lower the value of the one from BFA

By taking a statement from 5 years ago, and believing it is the absolute end answer?

Few things to put into this evaluation.

It’s not the same mount.
It’s limited time only, like the other mount.

Player feedback probably led into this as well. I’ve seen plenty of requests over the last few years for a store paid auction house mount.

It’s not even available in it’s original state. And it’s very rare, to the point of not showing at the BMAH, so what is the opening bid on it?

3 Likes

Not necessarily. They are two separate mounts. A number of the players getting the store mount never tried getting enough gold for the BFA mount. A number of players trying for the BFA mount on the BMAH still want that mount.

1 Like

The internet commentariat is pretty fickle. ^^

Wowheaders are outraged the mount isn’t more affordable[1].

/wowecon is shocked and upset there wasn’t more demand, as people were speculating on tokens.

And this thread.

[1] It can never be affordable enough.

1 Like

I believe the theoretical bid starts at 5m, however in reality people put down gold cap when it shows up

2 Likes

It’s the players determining the final value of the old one when it pops on the BMAH. I wouldn’t be surprised if players are no longer willing to drop max gold on it now that one has been available in the cash shop. Time will tell.

5 Likes

We don’t talk about bruno, oh no no no…

you can VIEW it there when you assemble it, quite$$ to by all the pieces now though, iirc BFA you could build a BMAH radio that does the same thing

1 Like

Sounds like you are referring to the regular AH that you can build in your Garrison. That requires individual pieces for the quest to complete.

link: https://www.wowhead.com/guide/garrisons/buildings/guide-to-the-garrison-trading-post#auction-house

The BMAH viewing access via the NPC in your Garrison is just granted via quest (as I mentioned earlier in this thread) that starts with a Shipyard mission. Once you turn in the quest the NPC appears in your Garrison.

It’s not awful to build the auctioneer – probably a few tens of thousands of gold if you’re patient.

I keep extra auctioneer components around in case I feel like building out another alt’s garrison.

2 Likes

Oooh maybe i should resub to make some gold I think a couple characters of mine might have a few of the parts on ‘em that I never bothered getting the remaining parts for.