Reforms in the Horde: too little, too late

No no, you are doing it all wrong. The night elves wouldn’t lose in your suggestion, so it’s not even going to be considered.

1 Like

Or, stop telling people to wait and see when they express annoyance at the abysmal writing. No one is ignoring the atrocious writing or expecting a masterpiece–just something that makes sense and is consistent.

4 Likes

And what you gonna do if I don t stop? Curse me on twitter? Report me? Go ahead

I’ll just point out you’re making a bad argument. Because “wait and see” is the worst advice you can give someone re: WoW development.

6 Likes

I’m gonna be real honest here.

I don’t care about dead elves. At all. First off, I’m just sick to death of “elves” in fantasy in general. They’re always the exact same tree-worshipping ethereal cretins who think every turd in the woods is someone else’s, and WoW has done no different. They exist solely so boring people can play boring characters, and think they’re creative because they’re not humans - you can tell by the pointy ears and perkier bosoms!

Second, if they all die, maybe we can stop having the lore of every expansion fall back on the tired, dusty, mummified “ten thousand years ago when the kaldorei empire ruled…” UUUUUUGH enough with this crap. enough with finding night elf “ruins” in every new zone released. That was literally the only good thing about Warlords of Draenor, no strange moonwells just laying around being “MyStErIoUs!!!”

And third? If you don’t want to get hit, don’t throw a punch. Night elves have consistently been that little idiot in the schoolyard who picks a fight and expects his bigger friends to finish it for him. Orgrimmar’s there, you stupid mutant trolls. You’re all a million years old, grow up and get over it. Stop murdering people over trees, half of you are druids and can literally invent trees out of then air, you point-eared nutsacks.

And fourth? I’m still utterly convinced that the Night elves set their own damn tree on fire. There’s no way a catapult is lobbing a ball of fire out over at LEAST five or six miles of open water. Even if by some war god’s miracle it did? It’s hittign a rain-and-sea-soaked living magical tree inhabited by, again, a nearly limitless throng of elvish druids, priests, and mages. If nothing else, the people of Darnassus have buckets, I have been there and seen buckets do not lie to me you luddite rabbit-mounters. The only way a MOUNTAIN-SIZED LIVING MAGICAL TREE FULL OF MAGICAL ELVES could go up like a torch… is if some idiot dropped a candle and tried to put it out by throwing wood alcohol on it. and you know what? Night Elves have a storied history of destroying their own homes, so that makes total sense. Sylvanas was just happy to take credit.

17 Likes

Gnome Honesty is an amazing and rare thing lol!

EDIT: Also, Luddite Rabbit Mounters?

2 Likes

I wonder how many buckets of water it would have taken to douse the flames at Teldrassil.

I am sure the next Chronicles will mention Sylvanas sent Forsaken Rogues to empty the buckets of water and replace them with gasoline or rocks.

The writers appear to fling crud at the walls, and any plot holes or unsavory events that pop up are to be blamed on Sylvanas.

2 Likes

Less than one since, as you’ll note, it was started by one moron with a candle.

I mean… there are ruins in every zone because we used to own most the planet’s land, and there was a lot more land back then.

I actually am pretty sure Kaldorei players are super tired of revising the old empire too. It is a bit like blizzard saying “You guys used to be Great!..used to. Now you suck!” over and over… and over.

Also Orcs have this thing about clear cutting forests. It is sort of a bad habit they inherited form their giant rocky gardener predecessor… If you do not stop them they keep doing it, and keep doing. They may of killed Alternate Draenor with their serious lack of environmental protection in the short span of 30 years.

3 Likes

Little known fact: Draenor (Outland) is actually breaking apart into the Twisting Nether because there are no more trees or root systems to hold the land together. The portals were just a coincidence at the time.

4 Likes

Realistically they could never have torched Teldrassil with those catapults, especially since it was a living tree, not dead.

Seriously go to a local park, find a big tree, light pebbles on fire and flick them at the tree and tell me how long it takes for the tree to burn down.

3 Likes

Ah, but you forget it was not normal fire. it was magic fire made by mages, fanned with magic winds made by shamans.

…MAAAAAAAAGIC. jazz hands

5 Likes

Now all you need to do is have five or so expansions in which you mercilessly slaughter any other night elven societies that are managing to do well for themselves and your transformation will be complete.

8 Likes

I can get that. But the Night Elves are not alone in this.

My first level 60 in Vanilla was a Darkspear and I consider my main to be my Zandalari Druid. The Trolls had a vast empire. Zandalar has lasted all this time. But it is in shambles. It has been decaying for thousands of years.

The Trolls beat back the insectoid old god minions.

And here they are. Their mightiest kingdom begged the Horde and their Undead Warchief for help, only to be abused and cast aside. Talanji remains one of the few Horde Characters with a gripe, and she has to just sit on it.

The Night Elves and their offshoots are a reminder of the dissolution of the Troll’s influence. All their ruins are Troll ruins.

I take some consolation in the fact that most members of the Alliance and Horde are remnants of mighty kingdoms who have to work together. Talanji’s speech sticks in my mind. When she mentions Zandalar taking its rightful place among the kingdoms of Azeroth - that is self aggrandizing as much as it is humbling.

I think the Dwarves are the only mighty kingdom that remains steadfast and pretty whole. I mean - if you forget that the High King of the Alliance dethroned a legitimate heir and placed a council in its stead. Even despite that, the Dwarves seem the most unscathed after all the events in WoW.

10 Likes

I mean it does help when your civilization’s basic structure is basically a bunker, and your capitol city is subterranean and so fortified they’d make the Fallout Vault builders envious.

3 Likes

Ironforge should’ve been the trade for Lordaeron, not the World Stump.

Ironforge should’ve been the Alliance capital, not Stormathing

15 Likes

We have 4 different variety of playable elves alone and yet you only point out the night elves?

Yeah, yeah we get it the horde wasn’t important for once in an expansion and yet legion was one of the more successful releases they had so far. Goes to show the less we focus on the Horde as the driving force of the narrative the better the story and game it is.

When did the night elves attack the Horde lol?
Are you talking about Warcraft 3? Lol. Really? Orgrimmar didn’t even exist back then.

Now we are straight into fanfiction.

Nah the Horde is morally evil. Move along. No need to rewrite the story to make yourself feel better.

7 Likes

You creepily play a Gnome female on Classic WoW with pink pigtails. Or use it as just your forum face (which is just as creepy.) You’re boring yourself and look just the same as every other Gnome female goofball.

But anyways, Night Elves are still a lot more interesting than the woe is me Arthas was mean to me Blood Elves, so now I join the Horde that consist of races I once despised and killed because we pretend the Alliance betrayed us but it was in fact Blood Elves who betrayed the Alliance.

Blood Elves = for people who want to look as close to an Alliance character but only play on the Horde because the Horde is the popular marketed faction.

4 Likes