Recovering an old account

I’ve been off wow since the beginning of mist of pandaria and I’m looking to get back into the game with the latest expansion (battle for Azeroth) but I want to recover my old account. I can’t find any way to contact blizzard themselves about this situation. Any ideas?

You should be able to submit a ticket, and likely opt for Live Chat at this hour, Arcane. Click Contact Support > World of Warcraft > Account > Can’t Log in > Recover email address

Our staff should be able to help you track down the account and update your contact information so you can regain access.

2 Likes

The account was in my fathers name that passed away on Father’s Day of 2018. So I don’t have the option to sign in with the old account info. I was looking to have it all transferred over since we had a good couple years worth of stuff in this game. (From burning crusade to mist of pandaria)

If it was in your fathers name, documentation will likely be required. contact support to find out what is needed, but IIRC, a copy of the death certificate is one of the requirements.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss, Arcane.

You shouldn’t have to log in. If you know the email address you can submit that and then you’ll have the option to “submit ticket with image of ID”. You can do so and in the description provide additional information. We may require some documentation, but our staff will let you know what is possible.

If you do not know the email address you can simply click " I don’t know my Blizzard account email". You’ll need to attach an ID there as well, but should be able to progress so a rep can take a look.

5 Likes

Okay and thank y’all, I will see what I can do.

5 Likes