Reclaiming Gilneas!

Maybe they’re dead from the Starlight Slasher murders? Which was an initiation rite for the Wolf Cult.

2 Likes

That would be cool! Not sure how they would make that a thing again per se considering there is no one in Gilneas to be recruited into the Wolf Cult, but it would be cool to see a subset of worgen who are trying to recruit others to become worgen in Gilneas. That would be a fun subplot.

3 Likes

The cathedral has benches which I think is new? The image on the wiki doesn’t have them at least. https://i.imgur.com/FMNLUIh.jpg

Some decorations too https://i.imgur.com/eMf0CqC.jpg

1 Like

Prison’s courtyard’s been cleaned up. I don’t see any new additions but like the Forsaken banner’s gone.

Lots of litter still in the streets all over the city, hopefully that’s not final.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe that it’s happening after 13 years!! It feels like a dream. I literally screamed out loud when I read the news.

7 Likes

Has the Forsaken stuff outside of the city up north all been cleaned up?

And man I hope the trash and litter gets deleted too, unless this is like the first phase of reclaiming Gilneas and then in later patches for DF (since we know we are getting 3 more) Gilneas gets cleaned up more.

https://i.imgur.com/KzZgeTh.jpg

Belysra Starbreeze (with a nice new outfit, no more AQ bikini robe) and Talran of the Wild are at the tree.

Belysra doesn’t have a voice when clicked on which I think is a sign she’ll get a unique one?

2 Likes

Forsaken Forward Camp right by the wall is still there, but empty. Were there blight tanks and stuff at the road before, I think there were right? They’re gone now if so.

This is just the first PTR build and the quest’s not even available to test yet, so I’m not really concerned so far.

2 Likes

Its sort of super cool in a single patch they are resolving both worgen and night elves. If they would give gnomes an uninstanced copy of mechagon they would get some sort of achievement I am sure.

They had plenty but it all got removed when they revamped the human zones in cata and it turned everything into parodies

RECLAIMING GILNEAS

King Greymane is ready to retake his kingdom, but Gilneas isn’t as empty as expected. Help reclaim what was lost and return the kingdom to Gilnean hands.

Developers’ note: Reclaiming Gilneas won’t be available for testing on the PTR.

1 Like

I’m sure once they revamp the Continents of Lordaeron(which contains Lordaeron, Stromgarde, Alterac, Gilneas and Dalaran) and Azeroth(which contains Stormwind which is said to have the House of Nobles and the Brotherhood of the Horse AKA the Knights of Stormwind) making them bigger for their respective Expansions they will give us Humans the World-Building we need!

They literally did, the quest for the Return to Lordaeron is for both factions.

1 Like

Stormwind was always generic even then, culturally. There were more layers for sure, with the Defias and the House of Nobles, but there was a lot that just… wasn’t there. It was essentially medieval America and it was played pretty safe. We don’t know how Stormwind humans dress, what their religious practices are (besides them liking the Light), even their architecture lacks anything memorable.

Compare it with Kul Tiras and how fleshed out it was, with unique fashion, cultural differences even across the provinces, the different Houses, the different aspects of their religion (the dead ringer, ship blessings, storm silver) or Gilneas with their Victorian fashion, their traditions of hunting, firearms, industrialization, their architecture, the Harvest Witches, and it’s a pretty stark difference.

I agree Cata swept away a lot of the more nuanced things, but the worldbuilding for Stormwind was always weirdly lacking. I hope they do focus on it more, not forcing the kingdom into the main story or anything, but just… being a bit more detailed.

8 Likes

The last we heard about it was that it was in Forsaken hands during shadowlands, and then the devs said they wanted the reclamation to happen on screen.

1 Like

No idea who that is. But whoever did the capcom gif I posted did an awesome job :blush:

from the moment the cata questchain was over it has never been clear. schrodingers gilneas

5 Likes

I wonder if this means they will give a new heritage set for worgens down the line, or maybe herirage weapons?

2 Likes

Hopefully. Because honestly, the worgen sorely need some loving

Both factions do it but there’s no Alliance NPCs present. Because it would have felt awful for the Forsaken to need help to get their home back from the people who took it in the first place. So I would hope the Gilneas questline is the same way.

2 Likes