Reclaiming Gilneas!

It is time boys and girls! This was no where near anything my crystal ball could have predicted but I am excited none the less.

GILNEAS RECLAMATION

King Greymane is ready to retake his kingdom, but Gilneas isn’t as empty as expected. Help reclaim what was lost and return the kingdom to Gilnean hands.

20 Likes

What?

Did I miss something?

At work, its the new patch.

2 Likes

damn. that’s pretty cool.

grats, Worgen!

3 Likes

Wonder what godawful convoluted mess will they cook up for this story. My bet is evil scarlets somehow holding Gilneas for whatever bizarre reason just so forsaken get to look like misunderstood good boys again.

16 Likes

Yooo thats hype!

Now I really have to level up my Worgen brewmaster that have been on a bench for a while.

2 Likes

Here’s the article

GILNEAS RECLAMATION

King Greymane is ready to retake his kingdom, but Gilneas isn’t as empty as expected. Help reclaim what was lost and return the kingdom to Gilnean hands.

3 Likes

I really hope its not the Forsaken allowing the Worgen back but rather the Worgen taking it back from the Forsaken.
The whole instance with Calia telling us “let me talk to the rest of the forsaken, maybe we can give you back your home” Lol… F u Calia.

18 Likes

Century of Forsaken humilliation.

12 Likes

I genuinely expected a Gilnean reclamation to just be in a book and never get reflected in-game, so I’m very happy to be proven wrong on that.

Gilneas isn’t as empty as expected.

Wonder what this could refer to. Night elves in the Blackwald? Remnants of the black dragon cult from Wrathion’s Cata quest?

2 Likes

Blight monsters and hopefully Sylvanas forsaken royalists to kill.

But knowing Blizzard it is probably evil worgen because Alliance is only capable of killing their own wayward people.

9 Likes

Druids of the Scythe maybe? Ones left over from the initial attack.

3 Likes

Whatever happened to the guy that shot Sylvanas? He is probably the big bad, he merged with a blight monster and we have to kill it to cleans the land.

Darius will be there to continue his Anti-Forsaken campaign, the Forsaken will show up to help us and Darius finally realizes maybe he shouldn’t hate the Forsaken anymore.

We kill couple of blight worgens, save the city and the credits roll in.

You mean Godfrey? He is long dead(er) and buried.

5 Likes

Godfrey replaced Arugal as the final boss of Shadowfang Keep so he should be dead unless they wanna pull a Thermaplugg/Zalazane with him

4 Likes

Apothecaries made the plague eaters, them giving the tech to the gilneans would be a cool redemption to help them clear the plague.

But let’s be honest.

I feel like that wouldn’t feel like a powerful moment for Gilnean/Worgen players.

The best way I can see it it make it so that the Forsaken occupying GIlneans revel against Calia, so we get our cake and eat it.

Make it a cross-faction event like the Return to Lordaeron where the Horde players infiltrate as a Worgen helping Genn. It would be a very powerful move for Beltmont to lead this for horde players, and for Genn to give the quest for ally players

Make it give you the “Packleader” title.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance OST - I’m My Own Master Now Extended

3 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be reclaiming it from the Forsaken, who have seemingly been absent from it for a long while now anyway.

A while ago, a witch hunter rifle and hat, among other things, were datamined. I think the zone will be redone somewhat in the style of the Hearthstone expansion, and will have became a lot more spooky. My guess is the dangers will be witches and feral worgen, and other monsters. Maybe some Blight-induced aberrations.

10 Likes

what if it’s the scarlet witches, the newest variant of the scarlet crusade

the scarlet crusade can be the landmaster of heritage quests

THE BOYS ARE COMING HOME!!!

I knew there was a reason I was leveling my worgen Druid. I wonder if anyone can do the retaking gilneas quest or you need to play some of Dragonflight first

you’ve got about 2 or 3 months so plenty of time to get that done if that’s the case.

2 Likes