Reclaiming Gilneas!

Well that was bad, and whoever modeled spraypainted on armor as the quest reward nearly 20 years after the game launched should feel doubly bad.

13 Likes

Just did it as I logged in. I’d have to agree

1 Like

This quest was either so incredibly awful it left me legitimately angry or my recent admiration of the Black Library audiobooks has left me slated to appreciate good writing.

Because boy this ain’t.

3 Likes

Wow, that was pretty bad, huh?

1 Like

I thought it was ok

If you are thinking about returning for this and have not played this expansion yet; dont. The quest to retake a Gilnean city is for some reason is located in a Dragon city. So if you are a returning player you have 15-20 hours of crap to get through before you can make it to said city and actually get the quest.

1 Like

Its actually located within the Stormwind Harbor at level 70.

1 Like

Everyone in game pointed me to Valdrakken, where they picked it up. And it being level 70 means returning players need to level up to even get it. But they advertised people to return to see the conclusion. Kinda misleading if you ask me.

It may be picked up in the adventure journal too

1 Like

Huh. That was… complicated. Some things not on my bingo.

Does anyone even know how to start this quest? Because in typical fashion, blizzard doesn’t tell you and than they make it impossible to start it

1 Like

In valdrakken inside by the portal to sw

/10 char

1 Like

Don’t do that

3 Likes

And people blame me for saying faction conflict is more enjoyable than… whatever the hell this is.

15 Likes

Just did quest on this Horde toon, total shug, but nothing I’d say is objectively BAD about it.

I recommend that everyone just adopt the Zen of Krombopulous Michael when it comes to some things.

They explained in Cataclysm that when they were in service of the Lich King he gave them unrivaled powers of over death itself and when they broke their treatise with the Lich King Bolvar they lost that boon. Basically, Bolvar, was like okay? I see how it is… No boost for you… Then all Val’kyr became weaker, but Sylvanas gained them anyways as a second chance at life.

The Worgen are immune from undeath unless directly raised by a master necromancer like Kel’thuzad or the Lich King or another high ranking necromancer, but Val’kyr are not as strong as these guys.

2 Likes

Relatively spoiler free good: night elves and draenei were there. The forsaken weren’t too awkwardly shoehorned in. Mount looks great.

Relatively spoiler free bad: that is a LOT of lore lifting for a quest that’s about maybe 15 minutes of play time. Including the worgen giant foxes, which came out of nowhere and are not, if I’m honest, the dang carriage mount we’ve all basically wanted somewhere deep inside since Cata.

3 Likes

AND that sweet car from the goblin starting zone!

5 Likes

That is on the dev maker list right after troll beards and orc eyebrows.

1 Like