Reclaiming Gilneas!

I don’t think so. I believe one of the leaders escapes. I could be wrong though.

I’m very excited for this tbh. I couldn’t even begin to guess what story they will tell, but I’m eager to see it. I just hope it isn’t time-gated… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I say we riot if the transmog we get is just the recolor of the sword and shield we got on the Trading Post that was datamined. That would be lame as hell.

I am really holding out for some kind of cool long coat, but I don’t think we will get that. At most we might get a recolor version of the heritage set that more closely resembles the Gilneas flag.

It is a 3 year time skip, Shadowlands lasted 2 years.

Most expansions happen in a spam of 2 years.

Wrathion born in Cataclysm is 2 years old in MOP, and is around 12 years old now.

1 Like

Only 3 have been 2 years: Cata, BfA, and Shadowlands.
Vanilla, BC, Wrath, MoP, WoD, and Legion were all 1 year expansions.

2 Likes

Hey, you don’t know if those barrels are full of plague! They could be full of anything! Like…uhhh green Kool-Aid!

2 Likes

Plot holes about numbers and resources aside, I thought that leader was killed off in the Forsaken quest. How’d he survive?

Sylvanas holdouts would’ve been a better explanation (ones who didn’t learn of her change of heart in Shadowlands).

Yes, I do believe he was killed but no worries. No problem!

They’ll create another no name Human Male Paladin™ to replace him.

1 Like

Yeah he was killed. I don’t know why I thought he survived. No biggie there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s time for the triumphant return of JOSEPH THE INSANE!

4 Likes

Or they could raise him as undead :thinking:

I doubt we would get many rewards for the quest. Its not that big an event.

My gold is on a nicer horse mount and a new, DF modeled, tabard

Forsaken aside, there’s a part in the preview video where the Scarlets are channeling light magic in the cemetery. I’d be willing to bet the questline’s climax will be a lightforged undead Liam.

1 Like

That would be painful, please don’t give them ideas

I wish we met Liam and Varian in Shadowlands :frowning:

5 Likes

Yes!!

I was hoping for him to be the mad writer behind those Scarlet Brotherhood pamplets. Maybe even calling himself Calia’s heir or something.

2 Likes

In the preview video the Scarlets are digging up graves and casting spells on them…

4 Likes

The closer we are, the harder it is to wait. We have no clues about the story nor the mount/transmog but we can’t help but being pessimistic about all of this.

1 Like

He was killed, but there were also several named Scarlet Crusaders that you see retreat during the Heritage quests and the Forsaken say they will deal with them later. I’m guess a few of those will show up in Gilneas to continue that story.

3 Likes

it’s so over…

My only issue with that is just showing the range of abilities these scarlets have. The light-shields, trying to resurrect the undead/maybe lightforge? They’ve never shown these type of abilities before, and if they had such strength then they wouldn’t of been wiped out so many different times.

True desperation can lead to people trying new, extreme things but still…

shrug We’ll know in a day. It could be terrible, it could be great, or it could be ‘meh’. I wonder if all this speculation/pessimism would still be here if the questline wasn’t hidden. An interesting experiment for sure.

2 Likes