Reclaiming Gilneas!

I noticed that the Forsaken banner near the gate is still present. Not a fan, hopefully it will get removed after the completion of the questline.

5 Likes

Also its uh, nice that they are helping us and and all but uh…can someone tell the forsaken to not fling blight and plague at the city we are trying to reclaim?

Listen, we just want to do it for nostalgia’s sake. Y’know, good times.

4 Likes

I kinda hate this. Like, a lot.

Not that we need to go 0-100 back to Forsaken vs Worgen open war, but the two don’t get along. They really shouldnt get along too well. Voss I can handle as this go between, someone who is at least on workable terms with the Alliance. Calia though, god I cannot stand that Golden poop stain of a character forced upon the Forsaken. This should be a Belmont quest, sneaking around and studying the Gilnean reclamation, given costumes to ‘help’ but only insofar to study and take notes back to the Deathstalkers and Forsaken High Command.

Even if it is the Scarlets, the enemy of my enemy is still not my friend, but we don’t mind them killing each other either. IDK, C- for the Forsaken actually helping in this endeavor but we’ll see what actually happens in a few days.

7 Likes

Belmonts conclusion should be We got our butts kicked, the scarlets got their butts kicked. Basically anyone who angers the gilneans, it doesn’t end well for them. No more invasions of gilneas :stuck_out_tongue::rofl:

4 Likes

Belmont’s conclusion should have been at Darkshore.

6 Likes

I actually liked that warfront. With the Bloodfang pack and the gilneans there, it felt like I was doing something meaningful for a change

1 Like

Happy hunting in a week guys. I’m sure it’s going to be fun. I know I’m gonna have fun regardless. :bear::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not exactly thrilled with the idea of Genn just suddenly being like “the forsaken are fine now, we shall accept their help”. Like, no. It should be a polite but firm refusal at best.

But it is what it is.

13 Likes

I’ve gotten my Worgen up to 60 (didn’t play him during Shadowlands. Last time I played him was for the Darkshore Warfront). Now just need to finish off the last Dragonflight sidequests on my main that I skipped over for Loremaster, then I can figure out how to level an alt on the Dragon Isles to get my Worgen ready for Gilneas.

1 Like

So, the Scarlet Brotherhood are no longer trying to (pretend to) ally with the Worgen?

I would be disappointed Blizzard stooped to such bad writing if they hadn’t already destroyed my trust in them.

This. I 99% agree with this. Would be 100%, but I feel apathy instead of hate for Calia.

I refuse to let Blizzard prey on my nostalgia to try and cover their bad writing.

Bad enough that Blizzard’s dragging out the Scarlet Crusade cliche yet again (the reason Team Rocket kept coming back in Pokemon is because the creators didn’t want to show people being killed - or heroes killing people - in a kid-friendly franchise, a restriction WoW doesn’t have), but they expect us to forget or not know it was the Forsaken who drove the Gilneans out in the first place and killed their loved ones.

No. This is bad writing.

We should not just silently accept being fed slop. We should demand better.

7 Likes

Killing zealots are fine, even commendable. The forsaken is what it is. It’s more annoying than anything else

1 Like

Zealotry also occurs outside religion. Worgen allying with Forsaken to retake Gilneas shows how ZEALOUS they are.

1 Like

BfA has done irreprable damage to any faction conflict and now we are all forced to play buddy buddy. Heck, the Forsaken are not even required to use “disguises” anymore.

2 Likes

Sure, like I said, killing religious zealots is commendable. But the worgen cant be religious zealots for their own home that they were driven from.

And like I said, the forsaken is what it is. We already knew the horde was helping in some capacity anyway. Nothing to get mad over really

2 Likes

That was the old comment. Like I said in the new comment, zealotry also exists outside religion. Is killing those zealots commendable too?

Zealot definition.

" 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals."

“2. a member of a historical Jewish sect that aimed at a world Jewish theocracy and resisted the Romans until 70 AD.”

Worgen allying with Forsaken to retake Gilneas shows how ZEALOUS they are for it.

I don’t mind the Horde helping reclaim Gilneas. It is stupid that it’s the Forsaken helping, and getting treated like heroes when they, at best, are just cleaning up their own mess.

1 Like

Only thing I can think of going with this premise of the forsaken helping is, Im assuming the leader of the Scarlets that escapes at the end of the forsaken heritage questline will play a role in this.

And I’d like to guess that the forsaken aren’t helping us out of the goodness of their heart - but because the Scarlets are a threat to Undercity but also because they have been hunting down this final Scarlet leader, who just so happens to be in Gilneas, which just so happens to be getting reclaimed by the Gilneans so its a more “Our goals allign” sorta deal.

Gilneans want their home back, Forsaken want the head to the Scarlet and their forces destroyed so they agrree to work together. And I’d hope that Genn begrudgingly accepts the aid but isn’t all buddy buddy and is still vocally distrustful towards the forsaken skin to how Tyrande acted towards horde in SL. Thats all just my personal hope and speculation for it anyways to try to make it more palatable for folks.

I’ll reserve judgment until the quest is out but I’m not too bent out of shape about it either way as we knew the horde was going to help someway and we know they werent going to stoke faction conflict fires again, so what we are getting was to be expected

3 Likes

To be fair, the forsaken are probably the only horde members that make sense to help as they are the only force close by at all, and nothing is being shown about forsaken being treated like heroes. For all we know the worgen npcs might be outright disdainful and spit on the forsaken ones in the quest but just sorta put up with them.

What about the Blood Elves? They’re on the same continent. They’ve got boats and portals/teleportation.

1 Like

Too often, yes. Because too often, those types of zealots are actively harmful to the greater populous. Taking down anyone adhering dogmatically to a belief system, and then trying to impose that belief system on the greater populous, should be stopped by any means necessary, including death.

… I mean murder is bad and nobody should be murdered!! They should first be opposed non-violently, and every effort taken to stop their imposition of a belief system upon others!!!

… But if that doesn’t work, then maybe a little, teeny bit of murder is okay.

2 Likes

I think dogmatism is often misunderstood. What would you say being dogmatic means? Is it dogmatic to consider slavery evil?

1 Like