Reclaiming Gilneas!

Undercity is still in ruins and hasn’t actually been rebuilt yet. I’m guessing it’s going to be soon with the whole reclaiming gilneas that’s happening.

5 Likes

The only thing reclaimed are the surface ruins. My forsaken leaders don’t even have a roof to stand under. Very sad.

But no, as far as I’ve been able to tell, the actual Undercity is still unclaimed. Unless I need to unlock that account-wise by maxing a forsaken and doing the heritage quest, then it’s still just the topside stuff we reclaimed back in Shadowlands. Doubling the frustration is that you can still hear the elevators moving behind unmoving doors.

So yeah, world quests for the rest of the expac for Gilneas and Undercity to gather stuff for further rebuilding could work as a nice source of mirroring experiences, without stepping all over each other’s content.

5 Likes

I see, I hope you get good content, after all midnight is still a good 2 or 3 years away.

4 Likes

Honestly, I just hope we all get good content. I hope we see a fully fleshed out Amirdrrassil, functioning cities for the worgen and forsaken, and maybe some narrative directions for both factions that see them start to heal and be… Not what they were in BfA.

I’m bifactional, so the more both sides get the good stuff, the more overall good stuff I personally get.

So it’s really that I’m a greedy goblin.

10 Likes

When does the “reclaim Gilneas” scenario come out anyway?

The 16th of this month, so only days away!!

3 Likes

I hope there ARE some Ogres in Gilneas (there are Ogres in what’s left of Gilneas according to a novel).

In fact, Ogres being driven out Gilneas and looking for a new home would be a great way to make Ogres as an allied race for the Horde AND explain why those Ogres don’t like the Alliance.

2 Likes

Gilneas has Ettins , not orges. Similar looking to orges though.

3 Likes

I think ogres moving into Gilneas had been mentioned in one of the books. That’s what Thad’s referencing.

3 Likes

Which book?

1 Like

I honestly do not recall, I just remember a couple people mentioning it and just shrugged.

Everyone moves into Gilneas nowadays!! Black dragon bandits, forsaken, ogres, Scarlets, I’m shocked no kobolds have moved in. I will be entirely unsurprised if when we go there, five gnolls are running a flophouse, an ogre’s selling pet boulders, murlocs have a start-up for heated pools, forsaken renegades have formed a street gang, and the Scarlets are recruiting door to door ala the mormons.

The reclaiming quests will be about serving them eviction notices because they never paid Genn their taxes.

5 Likes

It was “Before the Storm”, but I got it wrong. He said that STROMGARDE was overrun by ogres (and other things), and Gilneas was inhabited by the Forsaken. Though I’m not sure if we’re going to see Worgen fighting Forsaken (cool as a “werewolves vs zombies” match - this time with a different outcome - would be).

Now that’s a scenario I’d like to see!

2 Likes

I’m just happy we’re getting gilneas back. Even if it took blizz 13 yrs to make up their mind about the place.

Now if we could only get more worgen content, even if it’s just side quests, that would be wonderful

And I say this because with all the suggestions about fixing the horde and alliance issues, it’s leaving people like me behind who have no one to care about within the story because all the cool worgen characters get zero screen time or support

New official video on the wow channel confirms that the Horde/Forsaken via Calia and Voss are helping the Greymane’s

Video also shows clips of forsaken artillery firing at the city which the Scarlets have summoned giant floating light barrier around, as well as a few minor clips of Scarlets guarding the entrance to the cathedral and in the Graveyard area outside the city.

What has me excited though is the video explicitly stated the quest line will reward a brand new mount, as well as new Gilnean themed transmog

8 Likes

I’m cool with that actually. Mainly because Voss is a pretty great character and she’s one of the few forsaken I like. :bear:

4 Likes

Ya maybe its just me getting old and caring less but Calia and Voss being involved doesnt bother me at all, especially not like it would have a few years ago

Maybe Im just excited for the prospect for a Gilnean themed mount and Transmog (which I hope is better than the disappointing Heritage set) as my 2nd fav character/main alt is a Gilnean lad

2 Likes

Honestly i’m just pleased the Worgen are getting their bhit with an S back at all. I think fighting Forsaken rather than Scarlets would be better, but it is what it is

4 Likes

Trying to think what the mount could be, traditionally the Gilneans only ride horses

So either its just another Gilnean themed horse (though we already sorta have that with the pvp mount) or…maybe the long requested Gilnean Stage-coach? (though that will probably never actually happen but a man can dream)

as for the transmog, I ideally hope its some gilnean armor but I suppose it could be the still unused gold recolours of the Gilnean trading post sword and shield.

3 Likes

Could be a Gryphon?

While not exactly Gilneas themed, seems to be the default flying mount for humans and dwarves.

A gilnean gryphon would be neato…

1 Like

Also its uh, nice that they are helping us and and all but uh…can someone tell the forsaken to not fling blight and plague at the city we are trying to reclaim?

19 Likes