Reclaiming Gilneas!

As I said. The boats that bring them there can be “Alliance boats”. The Alliancet can be doing something “off screen”. Maybe you have Alliance supply NPCS standing around. And that is, IMO, enough.

Humans and Night Elves should not be using up story time. (OTOH, if other neglected races, say Draenei, have a small part, that might be OK.)

3 Likes

Yes, standing in single places fighting some trash mobs or healing other cameos that were defeated by trash mobs. I indeed noticed them when I was going around buffing them with a boon from Cenarius so they could do that much.

1 Like

I am sorry that it needs to be some flashy battle or hyper realistic cinematic for you to just enjoy what was ultimately a relatively quick quest.

I personally just enjoyed all the visuals of said quest, whether it is just be Malorne putting enemies to sleep or Khadgar polymorphing goons or hell, just getting Velen do something to help other people. Heck, they even added the Niffin(I half expected Blizzard would forget them). The last time I saw all the Alliance leaders fighting together was Varian’s funeral. I am glad they were part of the end of the questing experience of Amirdrassil.

I’ll take that quest over another battle just filled with no name night elf NPCs.

It doesn’t seem you have the information to determine what I find enjoyable. Nonetheless, relatively quick quests is exactly as I described it. Cameos.

4 Likes

One Week left. You guys excited to see the Gilneans in Gilneas City again?

5 Likes

Given I have seen your garrison page, I think I know exactly what you find enjoyable!!

Matching NPC models.

4 Likes

And for it was it, I thought it was fun. It is exactly what a big climax to an expansion about “family/unity/friendship” should be. Us actually uniting to take out the big bad. And considering we can’t have NPCs clutter raids, we got the next best thing which is the ending of the questing experience.

Pretty excited!

I should really get my Worgen back up to level cap.

2 Likes

Excited, but a little nervous. Happy we’re Finally getting gilneas back though, that’s the best part :wolf:

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

/10chars

2 Likes

I think we’ll arrive in the scenario thru this port.

I still don’t have my hopes up for Gilneas to be a full city we as players can actually move into with banks inns and AH

As I said. The boats that bring them there can be “Alliance boats”. The Alliancet can be doing something “off screen”. Maybe you have Alliance supply NPCS standing around. And that is, IMO, enough.

Humans and Night Elves should not be using up story time. (OTOH, if other neglected races, say Draenei, have a small part, that might be OK.)

1 Like

I hope it becomes a full city. I mean it’s high mine and time for it.

I think like with how the Forsaken reclaimed the Ruins of Lordaeron, Gilneas will be reclaimed without banks, inns, and an AH. However I can see both getting the full city treatment in the future, perhaps during Midnight if they end up being the faction capitals of the expansion like I suspect.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

One could argue that the Horde helping the Worgen as either ‘an apology’ or a ‘Extension of peace’ would be more the Horde pandering to the Alliance. lol

Or Amirdrassil too. :joy:

So far it seems the Horde have pandered more to the Alliance than they have for the Horde … :eyes:

2 Likes

maybe we could get some legion style world quests here in wm

1 Like

WQ in general in Gilneas would be cool to help show how the zone is being reclaimed and repopulated, cleaned up, etc. I don’t know how that would work for Horde players though…

3 Likes

Well, luckily we have a whole counterpart area just right there, a bit further north, with some reclaimed ruins but a whole inaccessible City that is Under it.

6 Likes

Wasnt that reclaimed like an expansion ago and rebuilt a patch ago?

I dont play horde, So I have no idea of the actual status, but I as far as I’m aware it is pretty reclaimed

2 Likes