Reclaiming Gilneas!

Even that won’t happen. The only people are allowed to murderize are wayward Alliance races who refuse to give renewal a chance.

There is no way in hell that they are touching the zone beyond adding some NPCs for us to dialogue with or kill.

1 Like

Here is a thought: What if Genn ends up face to face with Liam’s ghost and their talk is what set him free of his unfinished business? That be quite the reunion.

My hope is a more ACTIVE participation from the Alliance as a whole in reclaiming Gilneas.

Have Stormwind priests help cleanse the place, night elf druids help heal the land. Have gnomes and dwarves help repair the city. I dont particularly care if the Horde is part of it or not but I want to see the Alliance actually focusing on helping their members.

6 Likes

I want Tess to be bitten and turn into a Worgen.

5 Likes

On the one hand… Great! It’s about time the Worgen stopped living in the shadow of the Night Elves, and reclaiming their homeland is an excellent step forward. Hopefully this will include some new teleports/portals for mages, or at least in the Stormwind mage tower, because otherwise, that’s an abysmal ways off.

On the other hand… I thought Gilneas had already been reclaimed, off screen? Not that I’m complaining about an in-game update to reflect that, but come on… really? There’s just no consistency with the lore (and no pleasing me, I know).

I hope Crowley gets a chance to shine. Feels like he’s the only worgen other than Genn who gets a mention, and that’s pretty seldom. Would be nice to Celestine of the Harvest also get a chance to get some spotlight.

5 Likes

Please no more forsaken extremists or rebels. We have had 2-3 already.

2 Likes

I’m hoping they will add Worgen tails in as a customization along with reclaiming Gilneas. Blizzard would be smart to do so. Think of all the people who would resub just for that.

Even if not, I’ll look forward to this. Love Gilneas, love the ambience, love me worgen. Simple as. MG Alliance is going to get a massive surge of people doing this.

Nope, Danuser said that the reclaimation of Gilneas would happen in game last year or so.

2 Likes

No it has remained a somewhat blighted no-mans land with nominal forsaken oversight since Cataclysm.

2 Likes

It’s gone back and forth off-screen like six times, they’re very inconsistent about it. Like in BfA one patch said the worgen had it and the very next patch Rastakhan called Genn homeless.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t necessarily surprise me if, whoever they are, a hostile presence currently entrenched in Gilneas ends up being in some way connected to forthcoming threats. Like maybe surviving wolf cultists who’ve turned to the Void, or something along similar lines to foreshadow the Harbinger gathering allies from around Azeroth.

5 Likes

It’s the Scarlet Brotherhood as well as any Forsaken who don’t recognize the Desolate Council.

1 Like

I wonder if they will polish up the zone any

1 Like

That’s my hope. That at least some part of the city becomes useable/inhabitable. It’s exciting either way that the worgen are OFFICIALLY going to have gilneas finally

If looking at the Ruins of Lordaeron as a precedent, I’m expecting new NPCs and some new decorations, but still the old textures and building models.

3 Likes

I could see them giving the textures an uprez but keeping the models likely, perhaps swapping out the old 2d trees… cleaning up the city from the mess it is atm.

4 Likes

It’ll reportedly be available to both factions (just like the 9.2.5 Lordaeron questline) so it won’t be about rooting out the Forsaken and actually you’ll likely even ask us for help (just like we asked you for help in the 9.2.5 Lordaeron questline)

Lol

Yes I already mentioned this.
Got to pander to the Horde players somehow, so here we are again on this well trodden familiar path.

1 Like

Did you feel the Lordaeron questline was pandering to alliance players?

3 Likes

I refuse to touch anything shadowlands related so I never played it.
That expansion doesn’t exist for me.

1 Like

Well, whatever delusions keep you comfy in WoW’s setting, I suppose. Can’t exactly ignore the fact that Amirdrassil’s existence hinges on it, though.

2 Likes