Reclaiming Gilneas!

That’s true. I got my hunter here in a break glass kind of emergency situation. I’m good either way :blush:

Super happy though that’s it’s finally happening

:ghost:

6 Likes

damn that looks cool enough it almost makes me want to roll one

i won’t though

probably just roll gnome 31 this week

3 Likes

We’re likely looking at a January release, 10.1.5 was 70 days or so after 10.1, and they no longer have major patches to work on, so that frees up some more resources.

2 Likes

I’d really rather it not involve the Forsaken at all. They didn’t have to share the spotlight with the Alliance to retake Lordaeron, so Gilneas shouldn’t have to share the spotlight with the Horde. Let the worgen get an unambiguous win of their own.

8 Likes

Win over who?

The alliance got dark ranger skins unlocked for their two elf races for the Lordaeron questline. I wonder kind of bribe might be in it for people not otherwise interested in worgen, since I don’t think there’s any equivalent cosmetic that would possibly work.

I don’t know who, that was the point of my first post in this thread. I was considering the win being getting Gilneas back.

Who did they lose it to? Are they taking it back from those that took it? Or moving back to an empty house infested with rats and trash they got to clean up before moving in?
Is that a win? or just another chore to complete?

1 Like

I mean people got bribed I mean rewarded to do the Man’ari recruitment. I assume it will be the same sort of reward.

2 Likes

Didn’t all you unlock was a red draenei skin, though? I never did the questline because it felt irrelevant for me.

You know full well that when I said I don’t want the questline to involve the Forsaken I meant as in the Forsaken helping them take it back. My entire post was about letting the worgen do it on their own.

It unlocks a vendor for some cosmetic gear and a hearthstone toy too, but the main thing was the draenei skin yea.

3 Likes

It’s finally my time!

2 Likes

I understand, but there will be something for the Horde to do. Its a two faction game, they will have to participate.

The real issue as you previously asked is who is it we are taking this back from?
The Horde? The people that took it away? Or someone else?

Most likely someone else. Probably worgen themselves.

Fancy tailoring.

Both Lordaeron (as represented in WoW via the Forsaken) and Gilneas have generally been given kind of victorian vibes. Clothes of that manner only moggable by them would make sense.

Whether or not they do it, idk, but it’d be a reasonable substitute.

1 Like

I’m sure the Horde player will be able to do it but I don’t think it would feel good to worgen players if Horde NPCs help them when the Forsaken didn’t need help from Alliance NPCs. Just have it be like the retaking Lordaeron quest where yes Alliance players could do it but every character involved was a Forsaken.

2 Likes

The Horde does not have to officially be there. They could do what we did for the blight cleaning Forsaken quests and have Horde players disguise themselves this time. Perhaps with a subtext of getting rid of forsaken who refuse to recognize the Desolate council and are now rebels.

1 Like

I would eat my hat if they made any subset of the Horde the villain of the story for the reclamation.

I would like this. Almost a Drustvar type of vibe to it. I think that would fit the zone well. Even with resettlement in some of the Northern EK zones, i think there should be spooky/corrupted elements that remain.

5 Likes

Ahh but you see they are not Horde anymore, they are the Bad Zombies, not the Good Zombies in the Horde. So it is fine to murderize them.

1 Like

I think it would go a long way to bringing some actual… culture, to the various human groups. Because as much as humans are everywhere, they really have… zero actual worldbuilding to them, Stormwind especially. And if Stormwind must be generic, then the next best thing is making all the other kingdoms more varied.

7 Likes