Reclaiming Gilneas!

And as expected it is being released this month on the 16th. So ante up and lets see what happens.

Hopefully FF14’s patch is the 9th then, I don’t want to have two patches to go through on the same day.

IMO, it would be better for it to be a heavily Worgen effort. The Worgen get so little development as it is. And let’s face it “other Alliance” will humans and maybe Night Elves. The get enough attention as it is.

8 Likes

I agree. Let the worgen have their moment in the sun without the kaldorei or stormwind showing up. They consume enough content alliance side as it is

3 Likes

On behalf of the Horde, whom I was made speaker of, we agree.

Gilneas belongs to the worgen. Let the worgen have their spotlight without Stormwindians and Night Elves. For once. The Alliance will survive this, it’ll be okay, trust me.

7 Likes

I say give Gilneas for the gnomes and Gnomeragan to the Worgen.

Let’s confuse the horde.

1 Like

Remember hardcore alliance fanboys and girls

2 Likes

And on behalf of the Horde, I must reject your proposal due to the ridiculousness of it.

It doesn’t matter what lives in the city, even if nothing lives there at all. We have a very strict “destroy first, find out what we destroyed after a former leader who abandoned us in our darkest hour returns to guilt-trip us over the destruction”.

This in turn is followed by the tried and true method of accepting full and total responsibility belongs solely to the leader we’re about to help the Alliance kill.

You know this, Mad.

You already know this.

4 Likes

You do realize the Alliance will help already due to to players? All I want is actual visual representation of it so certain people cant go “where were the Alliance when the worgen needed help taking back their city?”

People complain when the Alliance doesnt do enough to help and now people are complaining they should not help at all in what should be an important milestone to one of its core members.

Anyway I got the last laugh last time when I said the Alliance should have a bigger presence in Amirdrassil and most of the faction leaders show. Maybe lightning will strike twice and we will see a similar deal.

I think it is a balance right? Worgens are of the alliance, so realistically the alliance is helping, but the main focus should be the Worgen.

I don’t think it hurts members of other alliance nations helping in some fashion.

5 Likes

Shoehorning in humans and night elves into the Gilneas reclamation won’t change that. At the very least, it’ll serve as a reminder that the Alliance just left Gilneas right there until finally, after the night elves got a replacement home in just five years, that the Alliance waited ten or more to help the worgen do the same.

We’ve seen enough night elves. We’ve seen enough humans. Let’s see the worgens getting things done.

6 Likes

Genn doesnt seem to mind. The assumption is the Alliance could not retakeit and not that it didnt want to retake it until now. That constant world ending crisis needed to take priority.

I have a Worgen monk ready to do the content, I am excited.

2 Likes

There were five years between Shadowlands and Dragonflight, weren’t there?

I get it, I really do. You want the Alliance to act as a whole, and that’s not a bad thing. But generally speaking when the Alliance acts as a whole, it really just turns into a bunch of Stormwindian humans, some night elves, a small number of dwarves, and a gnome and draenie or two.

From a Horde player perspective doing the early reclamation efforts for Lordaeron, seeing how Blizzard used this and the forsaken-majority presence (I want to say forsaken-only presence) to start developing the post-Sylvanas forsaken felt good. The worgen deserve something similar, since after Cata, they pretty much just existed in the form of Genn, some soldiers, that druid lady and occasionally one or two other worgen. Their story should be developed.

The Alliance’s story doesn’t need to step on that.

3 Likes

And there were almost two decades of constant warfare+having to clean up the undead forces that were spawned during the SL.

When the Alliance acts as a whole we literally things like the Broken Isles where every member race is present in the push against the Legion, or heck seige of Ogrimmar. We have the end of Amirdrassil questing where all our leaders show up.

Hell, pre cata questline has ALL of our leaders meeting up and figuring out a plan to deal with it.

I would also point out the last time we helped get back the city of one of our member races, Gelbin was quite grateful:

“You never really understood, did you? It is our loyalty to our friends that provides our truest, greatest strength. This is what separates us from the ogres and troggs—and even the goblins. This is why the dwarves helped us back from near extinction, even surrendering a portion of their hallowed halls for us to call home. And this is why there are dwarves, humans, draenei, and night elves dying alongside us in the surrounding tunnels to reclaim a city that was never theirs. They are here because they are our friends, Sicco. My friends. It is a power that numbers cannot match.”

So I see you totally ignored the whole part about how worgen deserve some development, and letting them reclaim Gilneas is a great place for them to do it.

3 Likes

And you can have development for the worgens while still showing they as members of the Alliance get its full support in getting back their city.

Again, the Alliance leaders showing up during Amirdrassil did not mean the night elves did not get development.

The alliance HAS to be a monolith with zero personality according to zerde and its hard to have a conversation with him about it

3 Likes

And you can have Genn make a comment about how the Alliance is offering their full support to accomplish that same goal.

If you’re saying you want the reclamation to be 95% worgen-only and for the rest of the Alliance to show up at the very end for some climactic battle, then hey, sure, that’s great and works just fine.

1 Like

It can have a personality will still being an Alliance.

Anyway I am tired. Let us just see how it all pans out in a few weeks. With any luck I will get the same last laugh I got with amirdrassil: