Reclaiming Gilneas!

Hopefully it’s the plan to not have it totally completed all at once but to show little advancements here and there with each patch or every few patches to add to the immersion that after reclaiming it, it’s an ongoing process to properly rebuild.

4 Likes

That may very well be the case, given there are new Greymane Seneschal NPC’s at the Cathedral and Manor saying that reconstruction has just begun. There is actually a dialogue option to dismiss the NPC’s in these two areas… so I suppose someone at Blizzard really likes Gilnean roleplay, or have been paying closer attention to how FFXIV has options to facilitate player-made events and large-scale activities and even machinima. You can throw disco parties, or even weddings… I doubt WoW will do that, but maybe it’s a step towards that more socially focused direction. Anything done to make the world feel more alive is a win in my book. I wish to see cities expanded, but at least having the zone properly populated would make it feel less empty.

5 Likes

I honestly assume that’s just because the questline is encrypted and not testable on PTR.

4 Likes

I was being a bit hyperbolic ofc, and I’m very glad with what we have on the PTR. I hope you’re right, though, and that it’s going to be even more lively after the questline.

Sorry for double-commenting, but by Greymane’s beard,
the “Gilneas Event” should be the opening theme when logging / getting into the city…
The official Gilneas soundtrack also has four sections, I think the third should come first if the Event music doesn’t make it… It’s glorious, triumphant and much more grandiose, then the other quieter versions can loop after that.

1 Like

They have put in so many lanterns around the city, it makes it feel so much more lived in. And just enough junk got left that you get the high fantasy but Victorian London vibe.

11 Likes

Kail, I don’t think it is said enough but thank you for doing all of this.

10 Likes

I love this! One thing I am still hoping for, but don’t think we will get, is actual shops. Have buildings we can go into with vendors. Have taverns. Inns. Etc. I don’t expect any of this but would love to see it, even if it isn’t in this initial patch.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least ONE inn.

1 Like

do horde have to help with this

I had to help with Lordearon. Admittedly I wanted the “of Lordaeron title”.

1 Like

There are two inns that I’ve seen so far - one in the Greymane Court in Gilneas City, and one in Stormglen Village. There might even be a hearthstone spot in the Greymane Manor, but I could be wrong on that.

3 Likes

Is PTR stable now?

An inn in Stormglen Village makes sense cause there was one there during the starting zone. But where is there an inn in the Greymane Court district? I’m very interested to see that.

I do hope we get taverns and stuff though so there are places for people to RP.

4 Likes

I could be recollecting wrong here, as it’s been a bit since I’ve logged onto the PTR. There is a Greymane Seneschal in the manor, but don’t take me at my word for an innkeeper being there :smiley:

I’ve had no problems during my runs on PTR so I guess it is stable for now.

I can’t even get to the character select screen, it crashes with a “not enough memory” error on the connecting screen.

Well I admit it takes longer to log on the PTR but still I’ve had no issues and I speak as someone doing it from South America :sweat_smile:

Something is happening where it eats an insane amount of ram for a bit when it boots up then calms down, and some things seem to make it just crash. If I did not have 64gb of ram I am pretty sure it would of crashed due to a lack of memory space there at times.

1 Like

I like to imagine they’re human boats that just poof into their undead version much like the Forsaken themselves.

Thing is though either way the Forsaken are hardly landlocked. I’d be in favor of a dock on the coast. It’d be a good place to put all the Forsaken boat models, as well as Derrick and Tattersail. Figure we could also have the Vilefin murlocs under the leadership of Calston’s Sparky and Speckle sailing a tiny boat. And why not have the Fogsail Freebooters kicking around while we’re at it.

2 Likes