Reclaiming Gilneas!

, and it’s funny how ONLY Gilneas gets crap for leaving the Alliance of Lordaeron when Quel’thalas and Stromgarde also left the Alliance as well.

Based. I also find it funny that speaking of Quel’thalas; people go on and on about how elves and humans had good relations when in reality the elves left the Alliance as soon as absolutely possible after having to be dragged into it solely because of the oath the kingdom held to the Arathi bloodline. The Quel’dorei as a large majority did not give two bucks, with a f about the Alliance. Alleria and the like were exceptions, not the norm.

5 Likes

Because if they had all been executed the Third War would have turn out quite differently and Gilneas along with the rest of Azeroth would have been destroyed. So again, Genn had Varian to thank for that decision.

And I’m glad Genn was homeless king for the last decade or so literally being forced to live under the roof of the dude who gave him a Teldrassil size burn. Speaking of which, it is no like he has much longer to live.

Honestly, I think it was more like Anastarian who didnt care. Regardless Quel’thalas paid dearly for that choice.

He will have alived a longer life than Varian, and even acted as a surrogate father-figure to Varian’s own son.

Genn did alright.

5 Likes

And he also lost his son in the process. He did alright, but I think Varian managed to outshine him even in death.

But what would you have him do? All of the areas around Lordaeron got wrecked by the Scourge.

Let’s say that the gates were open. Or that the Greymane Wall wasn’t a thing. Do you honestly believe that Gilneas would have been enough to stop the Scourge and help Lordaeron? They were lucky enough that Arthas had no interest in Gilneas, wall or not.

Genn did mistakes, that’s true. But thanks to his actions, Gilneas managed to reflect the mindless undead of the Scourge. Eventually, like half of his Kingdom got cursed as well, undeniably though the Worgen curse is a better fate than undeath, as you are able to keep part of your humanity.

It’s crazy to think that Genn is the last living human king of the Alliance of Lordaeron. He was sitting at the same table with Terenas Menethil, Anasterian Sunstrider, and the other kings. The guy is ancient, and he can still kick some butt. We should appreciate him more.

8 Likes

Not leave long before the Scourge were an issue? Part of the reason for the rise of the Cult was the economic burden from the Second War. A more prosperous Alliance might have had a significantly lower cult presence.

They might have been able to stop Arthas when he was weaker/just starting. Lordearon would not likely have fallen in Seven days and a more comprehensive defense of it could have been done. As it was, aside from Dalaran most of Lordaeron’s allies were half a continent away.

And replaced it with the feral worgens.

Better? Sure. But maybe the curse wouldnt have been needed at all if he and nations like Stromgarde/Quel’thalas never left and had banded their forces together rather them all fall separately.

I was always under the impression that as a transformation of Druidic magicks, the Worgen blood at least combats aging to an extent, and perhaps even inherits some regenerative capabilities? Lycantrophy lore and werewolf legends and adaptations of course greatly vary in the depiction of such traits. The Worgen curse is weird, as it’s as such, but it also resists other curses… I think the Abberation racial supports this. Just speculating ofc.

2 Likes

This is a headcanon of mine. Worgen age slower than normal humans.

We know in the Wolfheart novel that Genn states he prefers his worgen form because he cannot feel the effects of age while in it. He feels like a young man in his prime and can fight like it. But Genn is also in hia 80s and he is still running around and doing stuff in his human form too.

This really makes me wonder if worgen do age slower and have more vigor even in human form.

6 Likes

Are they even human at this point though? I always assumed their human form was just an illusion at this point since every worgen we’ve seen who died, remained in their worgen form.

I imagine Goldrinns magic does slow the aging process a bit, they might even live longer than your normal human. It’s a headcannon I suscribe to also.

2 Likes

We do see Gilnean souls during Shadowlands that are Worgen even after death.

2 Likes

This is something I hate about how Blizzard has made worgen. They keep hovering between its just a curse, and no it fundamentally changes the person to where they are no longer their original race. For example:

Where its seen as a curse:

1. they call it a curse.
  2. it doesn’t pass down to children, it is not hereditary, so this makes it seem more like a curse and not something that changes the person.
  3. the heritage quest calls it a curse that needs to go away, it doesn’t define their people.

Where it seems like it changes the person entirely:

1. When worgen die they revert to their worgen form, their spirits are in worgen form.
  2. It is stated that all worgen have an innate desire to hunt and kill, to run on all fours and hunt like a predator. This is something they deal with all the time, EVEN in human form.
  3. The Darkflight ability says “transform into your true form” so their worgen form is their true self now.

WHICH IS IT BLIZZARD??

I wish they would just pick one and go with it rather than ride the fence and not choose.

2 Likes

So I am going back through the Worgen Starting Zone and I had mentioned earlier how I was confused that the Hayward Brothers were back at their Fishery because I thought that entire area sank into the sea.

Well! I just got to that part and noticed how the Fishery is it’s own little island not directly attached to the Duskhaven area so when it sank the fishery survived! That’s how they end up back there… though it is odd that they are there because it is now just an isolated little island away from every thing now.

6 Likes

A little caveat I realized should happen:
“Ruins of Gilneas” zone should be renamed “Gilneas”
and “Gilneas” on the Gilneas City map should be replaced with “Gilneas City”.

8 Likes

As I was flying to Black Rook Hold earlier today, I passed by Bradensbrook. I loved that small village back in Legion.

The Gilneans that live there, previously residents of Pyrewood Village, had to flee their home because of the Scourge. Initially they tried to find shelter within Gilneas, but the gates were closed.

It would be nice to see them return as well, although I doubt they are going to bother updating Pyrewood Village.

5 Likes

I mean they would be going against both Faranell and Beltmont…

1 Like

This will only happen if we get a revamp of upper Eastern Kingdoms in Midnight, which I doubt cause I think most of the revamp time is going to be on making Quel’thalas updated for the new expansion.

1 Like

10.2.5 now has a release candidate build and wowhead is speculating that the patch will launch in early January. While I can see it coming in January, I’m thinking it might be more in the middle, with Blizzard revealing a road map of what’s coming the week before launch.

1 Like

For a RC build it is weirdly unstable.

Also announcing it as a RC build makes me squint and the rush of 10.2.6 builds this week. Will they push that out soon?

3 Likes

Bizarre that it’s already a release candidate considering every single build since PTR started has been incredibly unstable and constantly crashes.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think the area is ready. The zone and city map names needs to be fixed. We need more NPCs in the other sections and towns that are unpopulated, and hunting patrols on the main roads… C’mon Blizz follow this one through properly, PLEASE. We’ve waited for 13 YEARS… and not all the lore characters are actually there… I hope they’re just encrypting it as to not spoil the epic story of reunion and homecoming. We won’t get justice, but at least we can get peace. If they do weird or disrespectful shenanigans where we lose a/ character/s, I might delete my own and unsub tbh.

2 Likes