Reclaiming Gilneas!

Proof I’m the only person who can make a good thread here.

Anyway, on-topic: okay, so no worgen has ever been depicted having a tail. I don’t remember seeing orange night elves back in Vanilla either, and yet.

“Some of these werewolves may very rarely have tails” is not exactly the most unreasonable ask from a vision perspective. From a design perspective, idk, maybe adding tails is a bunch of problems.

1 Like

Considering that the vulpera, Tauren and pandaren have them, it should be one of the easier options to add

1 Like

I expect that we will get an updated Gilnean tabard/cloak like the Night Elves in Bel’Ameth.

5 Likes

Well, I’d say sometimes the lore should be the backbone of why and how certain game decisions are made. Letting the Horde in Gilneas, for example, would just be disrespectful towards Worgen enthusiasts. You are right though, in hindsight, I made quite a lousy comparison :rofl: I guess my point was that certain changes are made despite being lore or WoW-tradition “breaking”, while others are considered preposterous for the same reason… Ultimately, what some Dev decides is what we will get.

At this point, though, I wish to refocus my feedback on the reintroduction of the reclaimed Gilneas as a zone. I hope more integration work, such as NPCs, boats, portals and a map icon will be added before it goes live.

1 Like

Yes, I too shall be backing away from the hot-button sociopolitically charged and potentially career-ending question of worgen tails and go back to debating less viciously polarizing topics like allowing the Horde to visit Amirdrassil.

I just do not think I am ready to handle The Tail Question

5 Likes

Personally, I think giving alliance the dark ranger skin tones is infinitely more damaging than giving worgen tails. That one directly further undercut the entire premise of the forsaken and the horde existing as a group at all. So the whole lore argument about tails rings extremely hollow to me.

7 Likes

We need a Night Elf ambassador in Gilneas. :dracthyr_nod:

5 Likes

That we do. The kaldorei can even turn Tal’doren into a nice little enclave :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

We need a Worgen monk npc based on Jon talbain:

2 Likes

I got choccy milk and nuggies. I’m ready to tackle it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m ready to fight this fight. :fist_right:🫷

Mythological werewolves don’t have tails. It’s what makes them identifiable as werewolves. I’m on your side, Dardillien, in the no tail department.

They are not anthropomorphical animals like Tauren or Vulpera they are werewolves, cursed humans. Mythological rendition of lycans must be upheld.

4 Likes

The difference is that Dark Rangers, like Death Knights, are pretty. Forsaken are ugly.

That argument falls flat on the fact that worgens spot 4 fingers on each limb when transformed but 5 in human form, whcih shows the magical nature of the transformation, so a Tail is plausible.

4 Likes

Plausible? sure, but then they wouldn’t be werewolves they would magically transformed animals, and that’s not what werewolves are. They are a methaphor for the struggle of man vs. the monster within.

A fuzzy tail would make them cute.

2 Likes

I posted a video of the coolest werewolf in videogames and he has a tail.

I am fine either way.

2 Likes

Being magically transformed animals is exactly what they are. The pack form is based on a giant WOLF wild god after all

5 Likes

You joke but it’d unironically be slightly less of a problem if this was the canon reason.

I think is more of a different times.

Forsaken were rejected 15+ years before the time darkfallen were accepted back, the world’s understanding of undeath has changed a lot since then, think of how Anduin pushed for lordaeron and stormwind to meet their connected families in before the storm, all shadowlands events.

Cultures shift and visions change over big events.

1 Like

I will refer to two gold standard pieces of evidence.

Exhibit A: Van Helsing a nod to classic movie monsters the werewolves have no tails

https://youtu.be/QIBTN3qSB44?si=L4VyySUygUMbeJQJ

Exhibit B: the first known story of a werewolf- King Lycon.

…He tried to speak, but his voice broke into
an echoing howl. His ravening soul infected his jaws;
his murderous longings were turned on the cattle; he still was possessed
by bloodlust. His garments were changed to a shaggy coat and his arms
into legs. He was now transformed into a wolf.

It never says “he grew a big bushy tail.” Because he didn’t.

1 Like

We had so many types of werewolf in fiction that saying that they should not have tails (or that they should) has no real argument, thats on the designers or creators of the setting.

2 Likes