Reclaiming Gilneas!

I don’t see them killing off Genn unless they plan on making Tess a worgen.

Worgen already don’t get enough representation, the only prominent worgen character that gets any spotlight is Genn. If he dies worgen have nothing.

5 Likes

They could make Tess a worgen. That’s what the people want.

2 Likes

Maybe they can also get the Kul Tirans to help too. They’re experts on building dams, land reclamation, and building on water. Duskhaven should remain Gilnean in architecture if rebuilt of course.

4 Likes

They could, and i would prefer it if they did, alas the heritage quest had her say the curse sucks, doesnt define their people, and needs to die out. So I highly doubt she becomes a worgen, unless its unwillingly.

3 Likes

With the pushback the Worgen heritage quest recieved from the playerbase they may have Tess have a change of heart.

2 Likes

Aye! Looking forward… I just hope it is not just going to be a glorified settlement, but a proper city with an icon on the map. From my PTR survey yesterday (see first comment) I didn’t see more areas other than the city and new dock settled. Not everything is fixed in the wider zone is fixed as I had initially stated - there are still some broken elements such as walls in the Cathedral Square, and shattered houses especially on the side of the broken Wall, though that is not as big of a deal. I understand the resettlement + reconstruction efforts being focused within the actual city, and am grateful for it, but would still love to see the entire zone rise to its former glory (and optimally, the city - and cities in general - expanded in Midnight). For now, though, what we have on the PTR is an amazing step in the right direction. It could have happened in BfA, but better late than never :slight_smile:

Also, I know this is unrelated to the thread’s titular topic, but I really would like to see more options for Worgen at this juncture… Upright posture for males, Cata-Alpha faces/ears/hairstyles/colours for female come to mind… I looked at the changes again and was immensely disappointed esp. in the female model’s case, I think the first one had a lot of potential. If they add such options, maybe optional tails as people want, and buff our racials a bit - I could see plenty of players coming/back & trying it out. Worgen ftw, it’s good to be back. Childhood healed kek

4 Likes

In this new era of including every kind of player-demanded customization under the sun, it’s a travesty worgen haven’t gotten their tails yet.

4 Likes

Because worgen have never had tails. Blizzard’s vision for their werewolves is tail-less, just like in other media some werewolves do not have tails. I don’t understand why people want them to change that just cause they like werewolves with tails. That’s like asking the devs in ESO to make werewolves without tails cause there’s do have tails. It’s dumb.

The devs have their vision, they never wanted worgen to have tails. I really wish people would stop asking it’s just annoying at this point, if I was a dev for WoW I would be annoyed honestly LMAO.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that same logic go against letting them stand upright?

1 Like

I mean this with nothing but respect for you and respect for the devs, but frankly?

Just because the devs have a vision, doesn’t mean they should always hold to that vision. And we’re better for it that they don’t always hold to that vision.

There was a time when account-wide transmog, even in its current state, was against the dev’s visions. Things should exist as a mark of a character’s achievement they said. Thankfully they saw the vision was not benefitting the game, and they went against that vision, and they’re going even further against that initial stance with TWW.

Worgen tails are a very minor ask. It doesn’t fundamentally change the worgen as a species; it’s just a cosmetic. A less offensively lore-breaking one than red draenie.

Just voicing my opinion on the subject.

6 Likes

I’d like to back you up on that. Even in PvP, the devs backtrack all the time. From redesigning and rebalancing mechanics, to how rewards and granted and shared amongst your characters based on a certain philosophy at a certain time… WoW is a very dynamic nexus… things change sometimes on a whim, if something appears cool or has the potential of boosting the play metrics, it may eventually make it into the game. I hope we’ll get more options, within reason.

I am personally in the no worgen tails camp. It is part of the lore and fabric of the setting. Azeroth’s lore is threadbare enough as it is without us intentionally eroding it because cosmetics.

2 Likes

No, cause worgen can literally stand up straight. There are animations where they do in fact stand up straight, so they CAN do it, Blizzard just has them hunched over for whatever reason.

No worgen has ever just had a tail.

Gameplay and quality of life changes are not the same. Changing worgen for no reason other than people randomly wanting to have tails cause they prefer it is going against lore which we really don’t need more of.

Again changing stuff that is gameplay is not the same as just changing something in lore.

THIS THIS THIS.

Now, mind you, if there is a LORE reason for why tails suddenly exist, then sure add tails to make people happy. I’m fine with that. But adding tails just to appease the people constantly whining about it without any lore reason is crap. As you said, it just erodes the lore more and takes away from the setting.

1 Like

What do tails have to do with reclaiming Gilneas? Make a new forum post titled Reclaiming Gilnean Tails

1 Like

Show me a thread that has stayed on topic for more than twenty posts and I will be surprised tbh.

4 Likes

I agree, which is why my example and the worgen tail discussion are both in the same category of quality of life. Transmog being account-wide is not a gameplay mechanic. Tails are not a gameplay mechanic.

… At least I hope they are not!!

I too do not want to see the lore broken any more than it has been, but I will not agree that “worgen having tails” is anywhere near the scale of lore-breaking as, say, red draenie, draenie and night elf warlocks, paladins for all, or so on and so forth.

Worgens having tails is like… Very extremely small-scale.

I just don’t see why this is the line in the sand you (a general “you”, not a specific “you”) are making it out to be.

Do you feel the same way about so many uncorrupted black dragons existing when previously it was only Wrathion (and arguably Sabellion)?

Everything, sir. Everything.

If you cannot see how tails affect the reclamation of Gilneas, then maybe you should spend time looking into the subject.

We are not here to do your research for you.

5 Likes

I checked, there’s not 1 on the entire forums. Even ogre gender talk turned into something else. The only universal messages I’ve seen are everyone thinks Nomi is evil, and people will argue with their own alts… Which is themselves? It’s confusing

4 Likes

5 Likes

True.

However, I disagree with some of the examples of ‘lore breaking’ you brought up.

Draenei and Night Elves can just as easily learn how to be warlocks as much as any other race…
Regardless of how their societies would view this practice.
In fact, it’s not too unreasonable to assume there’d be Highborne Warlocks, Worgen Warlocks or Broken warlocks that’d be willing to teach this stuff…

h’ttps://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fel-Caller_Guloto#:~:text=Fel%2DCaller%20Guloto%20is%20a,Terrace%20of%20Light%2C%20Shattrath%20City. (Broken Draenei Warlock in Shattrath)
h’ttps://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Vitus_Darkwalker (Worgen Warlock in Darnassus)
(there’s also now Broken and Red Draenei warlock trainers in Exodar now)
Soulspeaker Niir and Atharuun…

Both races have a long history of living in and around fel magic, so having a few individual members of these races pick up warlocks as a class isn’t unthinkable.

Considering that we’ve known that Draenei’s skin becomes red when wielding fel magic since WoD (with the Sargerai), having Draenei Warlocks and red-skinned Draenei goes hand-in-hand.

Though why they didn’t flavor it via the Sargerai angle and decided to go with ‘Oh yeah, Eredar Demon Lords rejoined the Alliance via allying with Velen… But umm… They were FORCED to be evil, y’see, now they’re very sorry!’
I’d agree, that’s pretty lore breaking.

The fact that Paladin is more of a general term for warrior that uses holy/light magic, I don’t think it’s lore-breaking at all for them to be available for every race.

Any race that has warriors and priests should realistically have paladins.

Just wanted to point these things out because I see this sentiment a lot and I don’t really see how either of these things ‘break lore.’

2 Likes

Blizz lets the Omnicidal, planet destroying man’ari into the alliance and no one complains or bats an eye

Some of us ask for a simple tail customization that affects NO ONE else and people draw a line in the sand

The things you guys will fight to the death over is bizarre

3 Likes