Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

Probably a really bad idea to put your email on a public forum. I suggest removing it and directly contacting Blizzard customer service/support.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. We wanted to return to this subject and put some closure on it. As always, It is our top priority to resolve any issues that prevent players from having a smooth gameplay experience.

Immediately after the Distributed Denial of Service attacks against our game service began, the Blizzard Security Team worked around the clock with local and international law enforcement agencies to track down the source of the DDoS. It is our understanding that, within a few days, authorities were able to successfully identify and arrest a suspect.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

102 Likes

I dunno why they even do it, they almost always get caught for it shortly after, especially if they are stupid enough to brag about it on social media…

6 Likes

Awesome news!
:fireworks:

8 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen…we got him.

15 Likes

Thank You! and to the attacker and his friends… Tell your Cellie why your there, and wait for the laughs.

5 Likes

We appreciate you guys and your hard work!

Loot the bar of soap? What does this even mean?

Personally I do not care about what happens to him. That’s a problem between your business and him.

What I do care about is if we’ll be compensated for the time lost when the realms were offline or unplayable. Original Blizzard compensated players with 1-3 days of game time whenever servers were unstable (no matter the cause of instability) will Activision Blizzard display the same level of customer service?

2 Likes

You need some b0ngo drums and a great big bag of weed man! Loosen your underwear! IT IS WAY TO TIGHT!

4 Likes

LOL Headphone Users

2 Likes

This is still original Blizzard. And no, they have never compensated for DDOS attacks that are 100% out of their control. Feel free to file a suit against the dude they arrested for your $0.50.

Also, for the most part, servers were up and running, the attack was preventing people from connecting to them.

13 Likes

I want names of who did it.

Life in prison for ruining my mythic plus.

1 Like

Good. Though I’ll say I’m a bit shocked you’re informing us of this.

3 Likes

Wow… Luckily I turned my headset down before I hit play.

Thanks for the warning. :+1:

1 Like

I believe the last guy got a year in prison and a fairly hefty fine. I find it fun to drop dalaran portals on feasts as a goof, and things like that, but I can’t imagine taking a joke far enough to risk prison time for it lol.

im sure the person was a minor thats why u wont be able to get his name… blizz should 100 percent press charges to the fullest, show these people this behavior isnt going to happen with out consequences

1 Like

I can’t either. But in all honesty, doing what he/they did was far beyond a mere joke. (To be fair it depends on what someone thinks the definition of a joke is.)

As Xclusive said…It may very well be a minor. He may not even understand the consequences. But I’d say he will soon find out.

I’ve taken a few drops from portals to Old Dalaran…lol A few well before the
life saving potions or health increases.

Unfortunate. I quite liked what he was doing.