Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

A day old I know but silencing a problem doesn’t make it go away, much like 4chan you don’t remove it by silencing it you just remove your ability to track it as easily.

No, he has a twitter account and is advertising what he is doing. I looked at it yesterday. But it is obviously what he wants. His account was made two days ago so. Tonan does know what he is talking about and he is correct.

thing is, it’s not out of their control. they use amazon hosting servers to host the game and realms etc which amazon has around 50gbps ddos protection. and legit anyone can buy a spoofed dedicated server for around 30-70$ and be able to hit that no problem. as if they were to actually switch to a hosting such as ovh they would have 300-1tb ddos protection and would not be down as it would take alot for someone to hit that hard

Imagine being a multi billion dollar corporation and not having appropriate sized DDOS protection. The reason they don’t bother investing in the best is because you let them get away with it.

Not as easy as you think to prevent a DDOS let alone stop one already active.

1 Like

Shame we can’t hire hackers to “remove” the offenders via computer wipes. :stuck_out_tongue: I just wanna work on my character but I guess today is done I’m not waiting longer just to see the same damn message.

Is this still going on? I cant login to Retail or Classic.

I’ve gotten logged in several times without disconnects, but the companion app seems to be down since sometime yesterday.

It’s been two days. Hasn’t it been settled yet?:disappointed_relieved:

Mine doesn’t even get past the Logging in to game server screen (the screen right before character select) before it logs me out. But its weird because im east coast and i cant log in where as my friends who are not east coast are able to get into the game.

I agree with you, it’s something they use to do, even SWTOR/Bioware has done. It’s sad to see blizzard getting cheap on us. It’s not a reward if it’s something you have to pay for.

1 Like

Same, mine gets to “logging into server.” Then it times out eventually.

Yup exactly what mine does on Retail and Classic.

I currently cannot even log into the launcher. Giving me the error code that usually means things are down for maintenance.

1 Like

Sad thing is we wont even be compensated. Frustrating!!!

I’ll be compensated once I get confirmation this guy is arrested by the FBI like the last group that did this.

2 Likes

Are the DDOS attacks still a problem?

I can’t access the mobile app at work.

Thats been down since yesturday afternoo. For me as well i dont no if its related to the attacks either

I still cant log in and no updates on twitter or this forum just wondering if its still a problem or if it is an issue on my end

STILL dealing with this trash? Dear god how dull does your life have to be to DDOS.

2 Likes