Recent DDoS Attacks Impacting Game Service

Didn’t want to be mean and not give warning. I also feel the volume increase is justified considering the material… lol

1 Like

A DDOS attack is like a traffic jam of internet traffic. If you bought tickets to the super bowl and missed the game because you were stuck in grid lock the NFL isn’t giving you your money back either. It’s the exact same principle.

5 Likes

Make the culprit watch the ENTIRE 8th season of game of Thrones!
While eating a can of Surstromming!
Skäl!
:beer:

1 Like

Yo wtf. I get that you’re angry, but this is just… yikes.

3 Likes

Seriously? Shakes head Some people are weird.

1 Like

I really want to know what he looks like… just curious. Hope we get to see a mug shot of him soon in the news.

I do love a happy ending.

1 Like

That’s the silliest thing I’ve read today. If my internet goes down at home for a day, like it did recently, do I get a free day of cable, no. If PSN goes down for a day, do I get a free day, no. If a baseball game has a rain delay and starts 3 hours later, or even better is called after 7 innings, do I get a refund for that time, no… Entitlement so strong these days!

7 Likes

Here comes all the people asking for blood.

They aren’t getting any, and he’s probably a minor. They’ll probably get a year in prison and a fine, and not much beyond that. And that’s acceptable.

Justice isn’t debt-slavery.

1 Like

So who was the suspect?

Probably some kid that got angry he wasn’t getting invited to dungeons on Classic.

1 Like

And here people say Customer Services sucks! Excuuuuues me. But they just took out a pest and even was transparent about it!

Sure, but you know what they need to work on? Listening (more) and going back to some old systems in previous expansions that this board has been flooded with since Titanforge/WF

I do not disagree with you. Maybe we can see this happen, but if history repeats itself, I am going to go with they wont.

1 Like

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we got 'em.”

2 Likes

I would call it at least as good of a place for it as it is for posts like these!

“I hope they ruin the life of a child for daring to prevent me from fighting trolls in a video game!”

people were demanding refunds all over the forums, a crime is a crime no matter how you see it, this kid could have costed a company a lot of money, it has nothing to do with me not being able to play the game lmao… they give him a slap on the wrist he will go right back to doing it again… ur name fits ur reply well

F

That’s great news. I hope you guys seek all remedies possible under the Law and that it’s a sufficient lesson to discourage people from trying it again in the future. Thank you for the update Kaivax, and take care!

1 Like

Why should they compensate for something that was not their fault? There was no negligence or any problems with their equipment…

2 Likes

So , what’s the perps name. Asking for a friend.