Recent Actions Against Exploitative Accounts -- June 2023

To provide more transparency on the actions that get taken against exploitative accounts, here is a breakdown on the number of actions that were taken over the last month, June 2023:

Total Exploitative WoW Account Actions Last Month: 127014

All of these actions are for cheating or exploitation which are primarily permanent bans or 6-month suspensions. This number does not include separate actions like character name or in-game language violations. We continue to evolve our methods and act against these malicious accounts on a daily basis.

Thank you!

-The WoW Classic Team

34 Likes

Dang that’s crazy! That’s a lot of accounts.

1 Like

Total coincidence that this is getting shared right after announcing the token

9 Likes

Hasn’t the token been out for like a month?

10 Likes

21 Likes

This is like, the third time they’ve made a post like this.

My guess is that they were sick of the constant complaining that they do nothing about bots because bots exist, so now they are just showing that they do indeed do a lot about bots, but bots will continue to exist.

9 Likes

A great way to avoid dealing with bots and bad actors is to boast how many bots, rmt accounts you ban.

3 Likes

When they announced the token they stated that they’re going to be more transparent with how many accounts they’re banning week to week/month to month.

2 Likes

Well over a hundred thousand bots getting banned in a single month?

I know bots are extremely common in literally any multiplayer game ever but holy moly that’s a lot of bots. Like… how many even are there if you’re banning like 1/8th of a million accounts in a single month and that barely scratches the surface?

2 Likes

I’m inclined to believe that this includes retail accounts too but with it being from the Classic WoW Team it doesn’t really hold much water.

5 Likes

Realistically, it probably does. A subscription covers both Retail and Classic.

It’s just that for every one bot Retail has (and we do have plenty ourselves) Classic has several dozens. That’s just a wild guess, but considering how widespread botting is in Classic it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if that was closer to the truth than you’d expect.

Wow, nice job!! That’s fantastic news to hear. I hope this will carry over into classic hardcore too!

1 Like

True I forgot that’s the case, I assume most bots would just have a sub too and would just farm instances/high spawn areas.

Thank you Kaivax. We appreciate the effort Blizzard puts in to maintain the integrity of Classic Wrath.

4 Likes

Gj team, CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!

3 Likes

You have to pay to play as well. That;'s $600k in one month worth of bot accounts lol. Feelsbad

Edit: oh nvm I was multiplying it by 5 lol, should be 15. So $1.8mil a month in subs got banned, right? o.o

Seems like there’s still a bunch of bots farming Botanica and Black Temple but I guess this is good news.

The Amount Of Banned Accounts is Hilarious

& 26days ago we had this

1 Like

If you’ve seen how low material prices have been historically, you’d know by now it’s completely camped by bots. Factor in the consumable consumption rate and it starts to make sense.

Needs to be higher IMO.

They need to add a kernel anti-cheat.

There are bots out there that can randomize inputs or have their playtime limited enough to circumvent the “bot achievements” that ban 'em.

It’s high time to directly detect virtual input on the client and bring the hammer down. If it were up to me, they’d have licensed Riot’s Vanguard by now.

I think the blocker for this is that a bunch of RWF/“high end players” use simple scripts or macro apps that would get banned by this.

1 Like