Receiving Behavior Warnings

Yes and no. We have various systems in place for different kinds of violations. As I mentioned before, the system in place for dealing with gold sellers has some automated functionality to it.

There isn’t anything that says a real set of eyes has to look at anything. That is the point of exploring advancements in technology, to leverage those developments to help better deal with inappropriate behavior and toxicity in our games. So it can be dealt with a lot faster without having to wait until a Game Master can get to the report.

Mostly, those are misunderstanding about how our squelch system works. Beyond that, I’m not going to provide specifics about any player’s account, nor would I be able to provide much in the way of details about how all of our systems work, as folks have a tendency to try to game them.

Yes, and we eventually had 6 week long response times for tickets and 90+ minute hold queues for the phone (if you could manage to get into the hold queue).

WoW was also a much smaller game at the time with less complex systems and content. We also had fewer games overall. The world of “I remember…” is rarely as ideal when all facts are considered.

We work to make improvements to systems and develop new ones because that is how technology tends to work. We are always looking for better ways of doing things, to provide increased functionality, self-help options, etc… That is how we have the Undelete option for character deletion, the Item Restoration page, the return mail system, etc… Allowing players to seek a resolution almost immediately for many issues that previous required a Game Master, and freeing up those Game Masters for more complicated issues.

That is your choice. I am certainly not going to be 100% transparent. I provide what details I can, but I will always have to be vague on some details.

As these topics tend to quickly devolve into a lot of back and forth I’m going to keep it locked. Thanks, all.

27 Likes