Received Stress test email - no access

[Update 2]

Hey all,

I figured I would post one lasts update before I unstickied this thread.

As I mentioned in a couple of threads our teams are still looking into the overall issue, the causes and how to prevent it going forward. However, it looks like we were able to rerun the original list of invites.

If you were originally invited into the Stress test, check your account and see if you have the option now. While you weren’t able to participate in this round, you should be set for the next one. Thank you again for your patience.

[Update]

Hey all, I already posted in the thread but I’m popping this up here for visibility.

We’re working with our [Battle.net ](http://Battle.net) team and they will be going through the list of recent invitees and remove the extra PTR license to have this completed soon.

Note: For those who may have contacted CS already to have their PTR license removed, you don’t need to do anything else. When this is run it should automatically remove the extra PTR license if you have one and otherwise flag the account for Stress Test participation if you were on the original list of invitees.

I figure given the number of contacts it might be best to have a single thread for reference.

Hey all,

I know that a number of you recently received an invite to participate in tomorrow’s Stress Test for Classic Beta and you currently do not see an option in the Battle.net Desktop App.

I’m not certain if flagging for the Stress test is just a little behind, something went wrong or the email was sent in error. I’ve forwarded the information from this and several other similar threads to have it looked into.

We likely won’t receive word back this evening but as soon as we have an update we’ll be sure to post here.

I know many of you were excited to be able to help us Stress test Classic. Hang in there and thank you for your patience.

I’m going to try and consolidate some of the main threads in the CS forum into this one.

37 Likes

I received an email stating I could be part of the Classic WoW Beta Stress Test with instructions but they don’t make sense to me.
" Launch the Blizzard Battle. net desktop app and log in.

Once you’re logged in, select World of Warcraft on the left, and then use the dropdown menu near the Play or Install button to select the Beta & Stress Test: WoW Classic option.

Click Install , then Start Install ."

I don’t know where this dropdown menu by the play button is. The only thing next to it for me is “Version 8.1.5.29981. View the Patch Notes.” Can someone explain what I’m missing?

8 Likes

Basicly when u click on region that will give u the drop down box that being said teh stress test isnt till tommmorow evening never hurts to be ready.

1 Like

It should look similar to this.

7 Likes

I got the same email, but the stress test isn’t listed on the drop down menu. Just my luck that there’d be a snafu like this happen.

4 Likes

Have u tried logging in and outa the launcher see if that refreshes the launcher.

2 Likes

im trying to post a picture of my launcher but i cant figure it out. i dont have that regions option.

1 Like

just so were clear ur actualy looking at the wow game and then clicking at the region button.

yes i have the launcher open that is shown in the image

Same here. No options for regions or anything. Just Play button and no drop-down

try scan and repair.

I have the drop down but it’s just PTR, I suspect they haven’t activated the accounts yet as we aren’t actually getting beta access. Only Stress test.

1 Like

Hello, I’d like to add my name to this thread aswell, I got the email from Blizzard saying I was invited for the stress test but the option hasn’t shown up under the region/account drop box for me.

3 Likes

Check ur games under account setting if its not there then probably a phish.

Unless the phisher’s somehow hijacked Blizzard’s domain it’s legit.

2 Likes

Are you going by the email address or the full headers of the email? It is very easy to spoof the from address of an email.

Full headers, I don’t bother checking anything else for things like this.

Same deal here, got the email, don’t have the Beta option in my launcher. Multiple log out/login attempts, ect.

1 Like

What does it say under account management.

1 Like