Reasons why gnomes are cool?

It strikes me as decidedly silly that, if you don’t want to interact with folks who prefer the High Elf aesthetic, you’d intentionally post in threads where said folks would congregate… but, hey, none of my business. Your sanity to lose. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I like many people post in all types of threads and as a major elf fan I tend to post in threads that revolve around them, also in the case of High Elf aesthetic how do I not prefer it when I literally have mained one my entire time gaming?

1 Like

there isnt one. gnomes are only good for stuffing in cannons/punting.

gnome paladins!

Yes, you’re right - I humbly stand corrected. The females do have a lot less customisations when it comes to do with hairstyles. Males have only a few, but that being stated the Void Elves have 6 more skin-tone options which is moreso what I was thinking of.

– On that note, I feel they should just jumble them into the one race with a transition NPC to sway between racials - and have all features available :man_shrugging: – Though, I’m sure that’ll surely have its own controversies and arguments as well :roll_eyes:

Well then I suppose it’s a good thing –

I never said they were a new species.

I said they were a new race, and had an angry mob get all uppity on it. To literally quote myself —

Back on the customisation topic – Blizzard mentioned they wanted internal conflict within the Alliance, it’d be cool to have the Elvish community get their rage on towards the Silver Covenant along with other leaders of the Alliance for the prosecution & mistreatments of their kind - whether or not they had compromised agreements mildly. … Later on have various Void Elves agree, despite being exiled they still care for their people - allowing them to wear Silvermoon hairstyles / jewelry in defiance as a political statement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

^ Obviously the above is just a little fan-fiction ‘what if’ scenario, but I feel it’d be a lot neater than what many others have suggested on the forums. lol

1 Like

:joy: I stand corrected as well then, I’m afraid I commented without knowing the full context!

Kind of lost you there :thinking: - do you mean that the Elves should basically ‘‘sue’’ some of the Alliance leaders for what was committed by Arthas and Garithos?

No, not ‘sue’ but more so express outrage.

I wasn’t referring towards anything to do with Arthas and Garithos, if any two villains it’d be Jaina Proudmoore and Vereesa Windrunner (Although unlike Vereesa, Jaina has calmed down & admitted to having pushed things a little too far) — I was referencing ‘The Purge of Dalaran’ that happened in MoP – Blood Elves where hunted and killed in Dalaran for the Sunreaver involvement of stealing an artifact from Darnassus, hence violating their position within the Kirin Tor. Jaina was rather merciless about it, and Vereesa was unapologetically approving of it all along with assisting and pushing forward the offenses. Many of the Blood Elves were either killed or imprisoned in Violet Hold with only a short few brazenly escaping.

The animosity remained for quite a long while, and extended in a guerilla warfare between the Kirin Tor and the Sunreavers on the Thunder Isles and confrontations further on.

In BFA there’s even Blood Elves that were sided heavily with Sylvanas, regardless of the harm it would cause to other Horde members so long as they could strike justice against those who hunted them or harmed those they knew in the purge. That being all said, the Silver Covenant are rather heavily discriminatory towards the Blood Elves (Obviously not all High Elves in Alliance ranks are ‘Silver Covenant’ but nonetheless), so having various peoples of the Alliance speak up about that would be an interesting ‘internal conflict’ within the Alliance that Blizzard is looking to incite later on.

Gnomes have a nice kickable size

Are you talking about like, dungeons and dragons stuff? Or do you mean you’ve been a Blood Elf the whole time?

Once again, the Blood Elves are the High Elves which means I have been playing and I am still playing a Blood Elf/High Elf Warlock with the Blood Elf/High Elf look on the Horde side because we actually have them.

2 Likes

Blood Elves aren’t “the” High Elves, they are “a” group of High Elves just as Void Elves are a group of High Elves.

Calling them “the High Elves” makes it sound like they’re the only group of High Elves, which is not proper within the lore.

That’s just disingenuous on your part.

4 Likes

Void Elves are a void corrupted Blood Elves which is twice removed from the actual High Elves, it’s literally Blood Elven lore that we are the High Elves with our name changed for our fallen so I’m sticking with that the Blood Elves are the High Elves.

3 Likes

I’m not trolling you or anything. You’re using a personal definition of High Elf so like, I genuinely never have any idea what you’re talking about.

You basically have decided all Dogs are Wolves and you’re running around saying, “Look at the Wolves!”

Per thread rename, “why gnomes are cool”:

…Freeze Ray!

:grin:

1 Like

Reasons why gnomes are cool?

Well it’s mostly because they are small. A small body mass results in quicker loss of heat and a lower ability to insulate against environmental temperatures

Remember, if you’re cold then they’re cold. Don’t leave your gnome outside during winter months without a heat source

Also do not lock them in cars during summer

high elves are blood elves

the last act of the high elves was renaming the race just as liadrin says

blizzard themselves literally throws shade at ‘high elves’

lmao

6 Likes

If this makes Void Elves “twice removed”, then it must also mean that Blood Elves are “once removed” — logically, then, this suggests that you would support the supposition that any individuals who never rebranded themselves as Blood Elves, who were never suffused by the energies of the Void, are the truest form of High Elf.

That is, unless you’re wildly inconsistent in how you apply reasoning. :man_shrugging:

I keep saying this again and again but I’ll say it again just for you the Blood Elves are the High Elves, changing your name due to a political difference doesn’t change your genetics, where in the case of Void Elves they are literally void corrupted, they sound different, they look different, they bleed an unnatural color and they glow blue, so the High Elves as you put it are under our umbrella as the Blood Elves.

3 Likes

You’re right. I presume, then, that you’d agree that the numerous groupings of High Elves that have maintained an allegiance to the Alliance for decades, some from even before Blood Elves existed, are at the very least “genetically High Elven”?

The eyes of the original High Elves only glowed one color, blue — the individuals that would later come to be known as Blood Elves were “literally Fel corrupted”, and eventually “literally Light corrupted”. They look different.

If your metric for purity is which groupings had the least changes, physiologically, that’s the High Elves on the Alliance… utilizing your own logic and your own words. :man_shrugging:

Source?

The umbrella starts with High Elves, you’re clearly confused — in the decades following the Sacking of Quel’thalas, we witnessed the emergence of three distinct populations of Thalassian:

• The largest and more organized grouping retook their homeland, pledged themselves to the Horde, and rebranded themselves Blood Elves.

• A plethora of smaller groups united themselves under the banner of the Silver Covenant, and continued to refer to themselves as High Elves.

• A small group of scholars that were briefly aligned with the Blood Elves, but were sent away for dealing with dangerous magic, were suffused by the energies of the Void and took to calling themselves Void Elves.

This isn’t “headcanon”, “roleplay”, or “fan-fic”. This is all corroborated by the game itself, and verifiable by anybody that has any integrity to speak of — not to mention, the game director himself corroborates and confirms this himself on multiple occasions. :man_shrugging: