Reasons NOT to add dual spec

What is this logic ROFL!!!

“I didn’t get the change I wanted so no one should get the changes they want, HRUMPH!”

TBC Classic is #SomeChanges. That’s the difference.

But when the clear design choices of the game are massively flawed… they should at least attempt to fix it. Why gimp a hybrid class because you are against the design change?

We already have enough Gold sinks.

Epic Flying is number one obviously.
Then we have Raid consumables, enchants and gems.
Then add crafting mats.

Far down the list is respec costs in terms of impact on the economy.

So the only reason you could possibly be against spec locking would be because it would prevent the behavior I described above. Spec locking is a compromise between the dual-spec and no dual-spec community. The only downside would be for those who literally want to do what the anti-dual spec community doesn’t want happening.

I really hate when wannabe junior game devs tell us what the design
“intent” is like it’s fact.

1 Like

Oh, Redheadchild is actually in favor of Dual Spec. He created this thread as a funny joke! Nice.

Well it’s clear you have no understanding of how the game works. You do need tanks, healers and dps, because the game is designed in a way the requires them to clear content. Sure you might be able to cheese certain content without all the roles. But in general certain roles are legit required.

Dual spec is not a requirement for pvp. Is it nice to have, sure, buy can still do BG’s without it and win. You can still get glad without dual spec. You can still clear all raid content without dual spec. So yes dual spec is a want, not a need. Because unlike tanks, healers, and dps, it is not a requirement for any content in this game.

1 Like

Lmfao dude this guy is mental. He’s like obsessed with the economy and people losing gold for no reason. I bet he followed Wall Street bets and lost all his money irl so he just wants people to be broke in a video game :joy::joy:

What behavior? Like swapping to a heal spec for a fight that needs more healers as opposed to speccing into a crappy healer/dps hybrid abomination?

You’d still bring Druids, Shammies and Pally’s for the same reason you choose to bring them now.

1 Like

just because you don’t approve of how others play the game doesn’t mean you should ruin the game for them…

Also the other problem with it is that it lowers the challenge rating by being able to have the perfect comp for every fight.

Sir, if you get glad as only raid spec (destro/demonic sacrifice) I will shut my mouth never speak again and send you 10k gold. Until then being proper spec For pvp is a need.

2 Likes

I never said you can get glad in raid spec.

You are correct, however dual spec is not a need. You can pay 50 gold and switch between raid and pvp specs whenever you want.

2 Likes

I’ll sacrifice the fun for the small handful of players who don’t care about their performance for the much larger percentage of players who do.

And even the oddities that currently choose to play weird, gimped combo specs would benefit. So your argument is specious.

Lmfao here we are again with the changing of subjects and just skipping over the actual points that were made.

Assuming I don’t care about my performance? Quite the contrary I try to maximize my DPS and Healing and have been working hard to be the biggest asset I can to my raid. The fact that you are willing to sacrifice something you personally don’t play is obvious as it has no personal cost for you. You’d think very differently if you were in my shoes.

1 Like

1 Like

What subject did I change? I said dual spec is a want not a need, not respecs. I even explained why, and you think I said I’d get glad in raid spec lol

1 Like

WOW has always been a math problem. If you choose to not max out your potential by trying to fill a hybrid DPS/Heal role instead of picking one over the other and maxing that out you’re doing your Raid a disservice. Are you some lame Smite Priest or something?

If your Guild is fine with that then go for it but asking to prevent others from being able to swap to different roles that aren’t gimped is just selfish and kind of odd.

If they added Dual spec you could still do your crappy off healing/poor DPS spec if you chose btw.

So 50 people respec twice a day for a week. That’s 35k gold out of the economy.

And 50 people is less than 1% of many servers. You think 35k is a small gold sink…

I think they added dual spec because it made the most sense for the game in general, not because it was suddenly suited for Wrath.

4 Likes