Realms offline?

The amount of people complaining is funny. Yeah it sucks, buy stuff happens

Computers are a pain in the butt. Servers are really, really complex computers.

1 Like

You’ll want to ask @WarcraftDevs over at Twitter. CS has no involvement with maintenance or game development at all.

1 Like

I am sorry, but I have not seen that post, however, what your own launcher in the breaking news section is saying ( it is still there as we speak ) is:

“…some players are experiencing a long delay in receiving in game mails, no data is being lost…”

I don’t wanna hear it

http://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/not-receiving-gold-for-sold-auctions/

You’re welcome to indulge yourself while they’re still working on maintenance. The information that is present now was not available during this time.

there is a difference in being removed for breaking rules or passing false info on versus just saying something the mod/blizzard/activision doesn’t like. Most of Pu’s comments didn’t need removal and just looks personal at this point. sorry.

2 Likes

9:40 pst and no increase in maintenance time. Here’s hoping.

1 Like

I ran 5 red lights, hit 4 heroine addicts on the street, rushing home to play and this game is offline again, lol, weird how the game is never offline when they want payment every month

2 Likes

I work in IT that’s why this is funny to me

Stupid dishes…

1 Like

Fun fact - discussing moderation is indeed - a violation itself.

12 Likes

Servers are not really complex computers most often. They have very small distinct roles which make them easy to manage. Very easy to build, remove, change 100’s or more at a time.

Don’t put them in the dishwasher … lol

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hardware-wise, sure. MMO server software, however, is extremely complex.

1 Like

You are assuming that is what they are working on.

The PTR does not have the player volume that live does. Even if they had everyone on one server, there wouldn’t be enough players to do the same as what a live server does. The AH issues didn’t show up until a day or so after the patch went live. Not something that likely would have shown up on the PTR.

You are assuming that what they are working on it just a software patch.

Most large businesses put fixes through on the weekend or overnight, when the load is the least. It’s a false comparison, as the times the game is at it’s highest usage is the opposite of when business systems are.

If it was a hardware issue, you fix it when it happens. You may not have the luxury of leaving it a few days.

Yes, it’s inconvenient that it’s being done on Saturday. If it wasn’t needed at this exact time they would have put it off, because it impacts so many players.

4 Likes

I was discussing the timing of the work, not moderation (except for the one I tried to edit). Still don’t understand why the timing of the downtime is a prohibited topic of discussion.

1 Like

More quality employees? Are you joking? I hope you seriously are, those people work so damn hard to get content out to us, and you complain at every issue that crops up, shut up and stop being such a jerk.

5 Likes

I believe for all this pain and suffering waiting for the servers to be repaired, the wow game gods need to release world bosses on alliance cities, I would feel like we are even for making us wait