Realm List Populations Updated -- Oct. 28

why would i care about the average pop of the server? i want to know the pop of the server at the time when i want to play.

joining a server that is average busy but a ghost town when you’re online is dumb.

2 Likes

Is the goal to convolute this so much no one even wants to understand it? Mission accomplished.
I mean seriously what is so bad about population numbers that they must not only be hidden but now you’re going out of your way to make even labeling realm pops overly complicated?
No serious what is it? Is it because of the “game is dying trolls”? If that’s it get rid of this stupid multiple avatar system that promotes trolling…
So this is blizz’s version of common core math. Now show us your work and how you came this convoluted conclusion…

4 Likes

Don’t attack common core math. Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean it isn’t better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol.

Good evening,
where can i find info on how to do the free realm transfer that was offered? Any idea when paid transfers will be activated?

1 Like

Show faction percentages too. That’s what people actually want to see. Cheap private servers showed exact numbers/percentages for populations with factions. You guys can’t do better than 1 general word per realm.

1 Like

I think there’s another way to look at it. The forum gets a lot of wow classic is dying posts, outside of peek hours. Labeling servers, instead of showing real time pops, gives the illusion that Blizzard wants people to see.

ATM Kromcrush (horde) can only transfer to two realms … both of which are spanish speaking … can we get more options or a comment indicating this is how things will stay? I’d rather play on a USWest server than on one where i cant speak the language.

2 Likes

This is a great summation. Thanks for helping clear things up.

+1 [Corinthian Leather Soul Pouch]

1 Like

Holy crap people get upset about anything. This is not that big of deal. For two months, they’ve shown you exactly how busy servers were in real time. Now they’re showing a more general “is this server more full than that server?” For long term stability a long term population measure is more important. Does it matter if Herod or any other server drops to low every day at 4:00 am? Is it actually important that you could see that happening and now you can’t? Or is it more important to see “oh this server has lots and lots of people” and “oh that server is less full”.

All of the servers have more people than any server did 2006-2008. If you’re having trouble finding groups, the game isn’t dying, you’re probably just an a-hole.

Horde/Alliance balance is a different issue and while it would be great to have it addressed, has blizzard ever taken active steps to balance the faction populations? I’m genuinely asking because I don’t know.

3 Likes

Great! I was more than happy to leave my Full server to go to a more healthy and not overpopulated medium server.

Ok. This is an other way to see The thing…
Imho, show The online numbers(avg or realm time) os The best way.

But, I hope thatbit will lessen the fight in the Brazilian forum between the Sul’Thraze and Thalnos realms because of the number of players in the Brazilian realm and the unwillingness of the brazilians in Thalnos migrate to brazilian realm.

The trolls there are already over the line and even marking the blizzard staff, nobody appears to solve…

Please Please Please take my money and let me transfer off of my dead server. It’s a terrible experience being trapped somewhere with such few people. Please. I want Phase 2 to be fun.

1 Like

If the server you are on doesn’t have a queue when you get on, you can use the free transfer from the shop located on the bottom left side of the character selection page.

I have heard that Blizzard does plan to release paid server transfers but I have not heard when this will happen. I would think it would be later in phase 2 after they finish free transfers from realms that will be overpopulated when layering is removed.

1 Like

Way after like 20 rounds of balance FREE transfers

Daily or current pop is better than weekly averages, because if I’m a player who doesn’t play during peak times, it gives no indication of real, current population.

Gatekeeping for no reason.

Another PR deviation from being straight up and simply stating facts. Everyone wants to know real-time population. Just say the hype train is over. Thousands of us still love & play classic while you make cheese.

At first I was hesitant about paid transfers but I think at this point IM RECONSIDERING OPTING FOR PAID TRANSFERS! Then again i’m at a server where they dislike Americans ( My fault im not complaining but it is what it is) and well, lets just say you become a target, LOL! I mean I get attacked by alliance ( Latin American Server) and right before i beat the crap out of them they disappear ( I think their pulling the plug on their PC’s its a latin american server i guess OR MAYBE THEY CANT STOMACH LOSING TO AN AMERICAN) . I imagine all the fun I will have if my friends from other servers were to join in ( after all they hate americans) and since they have Latency issues ( Latin American players have the worst lag here but my latency is perfect hate me for being american) I wonder how many ganks will it take ( THEY HATE AMERICANS) before their PC’s get fried ( AFTER ALL THEY HATE AMERICANS HERE) !!!

What are you going on about?