Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Please let us transfer off of penance. There no atmosphere here anymore. I log in for a few minutes notice that no one is running any dungeons and go and play another game. Put us on a server that actually has more than a hand full of people on it.

2 Likes

this is idiotic. one of my char has succeed transfered to CS. my other char is locked which is carry 60% of my gold. and my current char is stuck in lone wolf. you can’t just do this and did nothing. all the time I use to play, leveling all the char to 60, paying to gain access to play the game is not a trash, it’s value.

No realm survives FCM being opened. That’s just how this works. It’s a BS argument - you may as well just say kill the realm and see who really wants to say. Anyone with a brain can see how ridiculous that is.

No realm survives FCM being opened. That’s just how this works

Because the MAJORITY want to transfer.

I simply wish for you to zoom out and understand the meta issue of implementing FCM on an active server. It’s not about the individual choices of each player, it’s about blizzard making a calculated decision to keep a realm active or not.

FCM is one of a few tools which are designed entirely to safely kill off a realm, it is NOT a tool to make a small group of players happy, it’s part of a shutdown process.

If these players are so concerned about the population which has been effectively stable since P2, they should have simply rerolled on US realms back then, the active population has not changed that much over the past months.
Some people from OCE choose to play on US realms from the start, because they want the larger population and live an area where the ping is not a huge deal (east coast AU ↔ west coast US).

I personally think that if all of these AU players chose instead to roll on their local OCE realms at the start of SoD, instead of US, we wouldn’t even be having these discussions about population in the first place, but that’s a different topic…

Nope because it slowly kills servers along with locked character creation its a rubbish way of dealing with an entire region deal with it.

Thats still no reason to hold thousands of people hostage on either server. Let the FCM’s happen and those that want to transfer can do. If what some people in this thread are claiming is true, that the “majority” want to stay, then there is no issue is there?

Its very clear that numbers are being misrepresented to hold the majority hostage to the minority.

2 Likes

lol i main tank for mc for american guild heat 1 heat 2 heat 3 multiple dungeons 200ping is nothing bro jeez maybe 500+ and you might notice something
and i play from east coast australia

2 Likes

No. Sorry but you are not the final word on this discussion.

The FCM tool has never been used like this, nor should it ever be used like this.

No realm has ever survived it, regardless of how many or few want the FCM.

The point is that in 2024 people don’t want to be downgraded if it’s not necessary. Mid season, suddenly introducing a 0.2 - 0.3 second input delay? Surely you can understand why people would not be interested in this.

So stay on SS then, nobody is forcing you to move. Allow those who DO want to move to do so though and stop thinking that you can make the decisions for those people.

Sure but i can continue to comment and tell you why your wrong.

Nonsense. FCM kills servers regardless of how many people want it. Especially OCE servers which are always lower than US servers to begin with. They’re not happening, so relax and enjoy phase 5 which will lift the population anyway.

If you’re on Penance, by all means they should let you transfer.

At this point you seem disingenuous and unhinged. As was pointed out to you many times, opening FCM for a minority to get off a server destroys it for the majority. Excellent decision by Blizzard not to do that.

2 Likes

We’re going in circles here.
You keep saying ‘just stay lmao!’
We keep telling you that FCM does not work like that.
You seem to ignore this, and just tell us to ‘just stay lmao!’.

around around we go.

FCM is not a fun little cool tool to give you freedom, it’s part of the realm kill process. It’s step 1 in ‘we are shutting down this realm soon’.
It’s a death mark
It’s a public advertisement that blizzard wants to kill the realm

i don’t know how many more variations i can type.

2 Likes

This is what he wants but continues to argue for ALL of oceanic / shadowstrike to get destroyed with transfers.

Instead of just saying yes i would like to be able to transfer off penance and thank you for supporting that decision.

1 Like

One persons “disingenuous and unhinged” to others is “makes total logical sense”.

Nice post.

Just stay on SS if you want.

Let us transfer

Opening FCM for a tiny minority kills it for the majority. Excellent decision by Blizzard.

Now stop complaining and go play the game. Phase 5 is nearly here!

1 Like