Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Show me where I asked for both Shadowstrike and Penance to be reopened for transfers. I recall only asking for Penance.

Please stop misrepresenting what others are saying on these forums.

2 Likes

Angry forum posts are not evidence of a majority. To claim this, you must have something measurable and controllable, such as an opinion poll.

I sure hope that all of these angry shadowstrike posters have cast their vote in the poll, where we are actually tracking and centralizing the overall community sentiment. If not, they are screaming into the void.
Endless angry forum posts have rarely achieved anything, but clear and measurable feedback has.

Look at this from blizzards perspective
What is more useful and indicative of overall community sentiment?:

A handful of shrieking forum posts immediately after a decision has been made
or
A poll of hundreds of active players

You are on a dead server as a minority group so you don’t get to say “oceanic didn’t want xyz” when yes actually we did we voted a large number of us voted and have been vocal this is exactly what we want.

If you wanna say penance people didn’t want this sure just don’t try to represent oceanic as a minority saying we didn’t want this when its exactly what we asked for and not only saved our server but our entire region.

As i said go onto the other thread and comment if you wanna try to get server transfers opened specifcally for penance.

A poll of hundreds, out of thousands who didnt respond. Regardless of discord metrics you have MANY more players on SS than the 400-500 who replied.

2 Likes

And yet I can quote several of your posts where you have claimed that the “OCE majority” have spoken and dont want transfers which is demonstrably false. Perhaps take your own advice and start referring to Shadowstrike only and not the “majority of OCE”.

“you can login and play your characters as normal on their original realm”

That’s a hard disagree. I’m completely locked out.

A statistically significant portion responded. People who are active in the game and engaged in the community. It’s a very high quality sample, and indicative of the overall community sentiment. This is how statistics and opinion polls work, it’s not a country referendum.

Many of us disagree that it’s statistically significant.

You’ve spent your entire evening and the days beforehand replying to people saying “I am on an oceanic server and would like to transfer to the mega server” by telling them they don’t exist and you know better because you have a discord clique with a lot of spare time on the internet.

Most normal adults don’t use public discord servers, my kid uses discord like that. Any adult in those servers have horrible personalities ruined by the internet, we don’t want to talk to you, interact with them or try polls. Your clearly upset and that isn’t our problem.

It’s not your fault entirely, the professional gaming company we pay shouldn’t have responded to your incessant immature spamming in this way.

3 Likes

No one should disagree that 500 responses is statistically significant, it’s extremely bad faith do so.
Opinion polls from high quality samples do not require a high % of participation to be reasonable accurate.
I am not claiming it is completely accurate and infallable, but if you apply a large error margin of 10, 15 or even 20% it’s still showing a clear majority.
It cannot be ignored.

Please allow Penance to transfer to WG. The server is dead.

2 Likes

please allow anyone to transfer at all its like you guys opened transfers and went to bed.

2 Likes

Adding my voice to the OCE choir.

Please let us transfer from Penance to Wild Growth.

As for Shadowstrike. If there is such an overwhelming majority that want to stay then they won’t mind if a small minority of their realm-mates want to jump ship for the greener pastures, surely.

3 Likes

I can also see that as we speak, penance players are joining the shadowstrike discord and voting in favour of merging shadowstrike.

Why they would do this, I am not sure, it’s not their realm? Very weird behaviour.

1 Like

Well, when SS players have been claiming that ALL of OCE (including Penance) voted in the majority to not transfer, then one must expect that those on Penance are actually going to want to have their say :slight_smile:

FCMs are a death mark on any realm, there has never been a realm which has survived FCM being opened up on it, regardless of community sentiment.
20-25% transfer away, leaving huge gaps in raid teams which guild leadership can’t fill up easily before the next raid night.
Multiple missed raid nights just make more people xfer, not because they want to, but because they feel forced to.

You don’t have a community on penance or discord where you can do that ? you need to use the shadowstrike discord to skew results haha you just sound upset man go take a breather and think about what your saying first.

OPEN the servers, let us transfer from Shadowstrike

If these smooth brains think the majority dont want to transfer then Shadowstrike will be fine.
Let the people that want to transfer off transfer off

So because 500 out of thousands of people want to stay, then the rest can just lump it?

How many alt accounts do you guys think Elron is commenting on? surely 3 out of the 9 people who want to stay on this server are just Elrons alts

1 Like