Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

Obviously it’s so the streamers don’t lose their names

2 Likes

Blizzard your trash for doing this

5 Likes

Does this include AU servers? are we getting forced into NA ping vs a castrated server?

1 Like

Nah, the only place where the word ‘new realms’ was used was in the wowhead post.

Ping sucks so bad at cursader strike. For my case I need to go to west NA server like WG. Allow FCM pvp - pve truly everyone wants it.

5 Likes

Please confirm if OCE is included in this

2 Likes

Will there be free transfers to Wild Growth from Crusader Strike too?

2 Likes

Can we at least get be able to request that names on inactive characters also be up for grabs, not just inactive accounts? I have three characters on Living Flame, and I’ve grown incredibly attached to the names of each. Checking Warcraft Logs, all three of these names have not raided on Crusader Strike or Wild Growth or at least been logged. These names are a dealbreaker for me like I feel like quitting the game over this stupid server merge. I hate that we are being strongarmed into this. The idea that someone is just holding onto the name for no reason is also incredible frustrating

3 Likes

I honestly feel like quitting over this. Names are really important to me and we’re being forced into a server where all the names are taken by active accounts with 30 toons on the server just holding names… None of the names I want have been logged from Warcraft Logs- so they are just sitting and I can’t use them. This sucks so bad

3 Likes

agree…if i xfer and have a name change insta unsub for me.

3 Likes

So much for the new mega server for at least a chance at grabbing my name. Names already taken on CS. Let alone the ping increase us OCE will not have to deal with

I’m typically a positive player but this was terribly executed.

2 Likes

Pretty lame to not just merge the pvp servers together and let us all keep our names. especially considering your reason was cost and time. Cost - F you, and time - nobody was in a rush for this. Even on living Flame theres plenty of people around all the time. No idea why you rushed into this bad idea. I made sure to get my names early in sod and now some rando gets to keep them because he happened to roll on the right server originally

4 Likes

Really? GDKP banned caused to a force realms merge and now force people to sperate their gold in order to transfer to an another realm? What a good job blizzard!

2 Likes

Also, we will definitely have some players in our guild quitting SoD over this due to the latency change between OCE and US. Sucks to be losing some of the community we built because of poor execution

Should have sharded servers like Era, solves both issues

2 Likes

Enable pvp->pve transfers too c’mon

7 Likes

You ask them for a favor then immediately insult them. Bold move cotton.

Less disruption over all

Look at US PvE for example. Doesn’t make sense to have 12,000 people transfer off Wild Growth when there’s only 500 on Lava Lash that could just come over to WG instead

Could you please clarify whether “the US region” includes the (AU) designated realms?
Thanks.

1 Like

AU Server?

1 Like

Would love some clarification on what this means for the AUS servers. People are already planning on quitting because of this news and their previous experience with high ping when connecting to US servers. What an absolute mess this is.

I’m also judging from the lack of details that they’re going to go through with it anyway and are avoiding discussion because they’re afraid of the associated negativity in the same way junior high school children break up with each other.

1 Like