Realm Consolidation Update - Season of Discovery

You only have to dip your toes into that discord server for 5mins to see the level of degenerates that live in there - no wander the clear majority did not vote, the majority of them have most likely idled out of that discord chan along time ago.

4 Likes

More posts in the time since they posted (almost 3 hours) than in the 5 days preceding.

4 Likes

Wrong i think u will find most of shadowstrike myself included wanted to transfer!!! shadowstrike is dead cant even get groups together your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. you prob only raid log with ur guild and nothing else so ur happy with not getting groups for anything else.
Your just a loud minority.

3 Likes

Open free transfers for SS and Penance.

Let the players decide. If Shadowstrike players really do want to stay, they will stay, and you have nothing to worry about.

I suspect that you know players want to leave SS, and that’s why you don’t want to give players their choice.

3 Likes

well that’s Your decision. Shadowstike shouldn’t have to be punished because you do want to level another toon on another server.

thats not being personal, its not that hard/long to level a toon, i get it you might be attached to it, but its seasonal, more then likely at the end of Sod your character will get placed on era like server or they get delete.

There is a subset of players on Shadowstrike that are actually keen to be allowed to shift over to Crusader Strike.

For us, the game’s not about parsing or ping dependent pseudo-competition, more so the experience of community and liveliness of the vanilla world. For example, encountering players in the wild and the more memorable and enjoyable experiences that follow - that’s what made vanilla WoW so great. One of my favourite past-times on this game is to roam around and help levelers with quests, bags and dungeon runs. This is fairly irregular on Shadowstrike as levelers are near non-existent and a seemingly substantial number of Shadowstrike’s regulars are raid logging once or twice a week.

I see no harm in opening up transfers for those that prize community over slight input delay and keeping character creation open on Shadowstrike for those that wish to remain there. A lot of us are quite attached to our characters now and we’d like to continue playing them.

Those that have been vocal about this issue are primarily the people that are opposed to the transfer. The people who were happy with the intended move didn’t take to the forums because our needs were going to be met. Sampling bias has truly skewed the perceived view of the ‘oceanic community doesn’t want to merge’.

8 Likes

you realize there is a timezone difference right?

Truly impressive leaving it until the last minute to shutdown the transfers for OCE.

I, along with many, were hoping for some sort of seeding/ instanced technology to be added so that we could still raid with our lower ping but enjoy the benefits of an active server; I understand this is not a possibility and this could have been explained by Blizzard sooner with potentially more information as to why its not a possibility. An explanation goes a lot further in the real world than just being told you can’t do something.

To go and just completely shutdown the planned transfers after so many guilds, mine included were prepared and grown to be fairly excited for the change is just truly a disappointment. How is it seen as professional or reasonable to make such an announcement along with the “These changes are now Live!” post?

While there is a sort of silver-lining to this showing us that you are listening to some extent, these sort of whiplash hip-fire last minute decisions hurt the player-base as a whole.

Guess we can wait for the inevitable revised announcement of FCM’s as these servers will continue to bleed out week after week.

RIP name reservation

8 Likes

doesn’t really matter if all the aus players are there anyway.

1 Like

name reservation was killed anyway by the accidental early opening and even now people cant initiate the transfer :joy:

1 Like

That’s a little over 1% of the discord membership - hardly statistically relevant.
Even if you left it as that and di no pruning, it wouldn’t speak for the majority who didn’t respond.
Non responders should be counted as undecided and out weight the voters when they are account for 99% of possible responders in totality.
It’s ridiculous to think a decision like this was reversed using that kind of data.

2 Likes

I’m mostly biting back at Elron because they’ve been in every thread asking for Penance transfers for the last 3 or so months, arguing that we should only be allowed to go to SS.

You’re right though, SS is it’s own beast and should be treated as such. I don’t mean to step on anyone’s toes (that matter) I just want Elron to pull their head in a bit.

1 Like

It has 3000 active weekly raiding characters.

If you are able to produce some kind of evidence that trumps a poll of 400 active members then I might be open to believing this.

Ironic, a handful of rage-posters on the forums calling a community poll ‘a loud minority’

1 Like

Yeah, I been gave up on the name preservation lol. I just want the transfer to go through. Have guildies who were able to transfer literally like a minute before others were and are already on the mega server.

1 Like

You know there is a difference between a raid and a group right? lol or do we need to spell it out for you?

Dear Mr. blizzard,

Since your announcement over a week ago about transfers/locked character creation Penance has been eagerly preparing/waiting to move over for a chance at better interactive play.

Speaking from horde’s perspective;
Our auction house system is a joke we have fewer items being listed day by day there is no consistency in being able to access items unless you go and farm them (which the every day player simply doesn’t have the time)
Guild recruitment is impossible, we have 4-5 functioning raiding guilds on the server and they are filled by alts. With little to no new players because of the lack of interaction in lfg for lower level dungeon running/difficult quests.
Trade and LFG chat are basically dead, most of the communication is having to be done either in guild/discord to build a group that must have hours in preparation to organize it.

To lead us into thinking we will finally have a shot at having the real classic/wow experience with the chance to move to an active server with functioning Auction houses/ LFG/trade chat and have a real shot at experiencing new content as horde only to drop the bomb last minute is disgusting.

Please reconsider your hastily and poorly made decision. FREE PENANCE!

12 Likes

you realise end game content in classic is raiding right?

From Crusader Strike to OCE players. I’m really sorry this happened to you all. It’s IMO the worst worst case scenario, stuck without a choice and all names stolen while you’re blocked from doing anything. I was also happy to see those of you that wanted to move over on our server.

I can’t wrap my head around Blizzard could think this was a good idea. Just give people the choice for everything. Let OCE choose to transfer or not, let people choose to play PvP or PvE.

Now even if they do let OCE transfer they are at the back of the queue and will have 6-10 day wait times where their characters are unplayable.

2 Likes

Going by that response I guess you can’t comprehend the difference.

your lost mate.