Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

Just noticed this myself. Wonder if there’s some communication forthcoming/the whole Helldivers thing threw a scare into Blizz about community engagement.

Unfortunately unlike Helldivers fiasco, the damage blizzard has done is utterly irreparable… Sigh.

Unless they leave the server open and allow people to transfer back. I currently have one on WG. I would move them back to LL in a minute

1 Like

As a roleplayer that is not interested in full-time PvP, closing Lava Lash will be the end of my interest in SoD. RP griefing is so rampant on PvE servers that there is no point in even trying, and wanting to RP on SoD is the only reason I renewed my subscription to begin with.

If your intention is to drive a significant portion of the Lava Lash population away from SoD, this is a fabulous way to do it. If it is not your intention to ruin SoD for everyone who enjoys the playstyle and atmosphere of RP-PvE servers, do not do this. We are perfectly content with the current population, even after the panic exodus caused by this announcement.

9 Likes

It worked.

Too little, too late though.

I’ll take it, and if they just leave it open and un-messed-with like this I will continue playing SoD.

5 Likes

It takes a special kind of stupid to read “I’ll stay on Lava Lash and if you close it I’m done with SOD” and respond the way you did.

3 Likes

Yeah my guild already left. Who cares if they realized their mistake? They could have taken the lesson from CB.

1 Like

Well, it’s no longer showing as Locked.

But blizzard literally did this without warning gave zero feedback to players whom were upset, waited several days with utter radio silence leading people to believe nothing would be done, and people have already left, because blizzard literally again, stabbed lava lash in the heart and left it bleeding on purpose.

while I am glad Blizzard pulled their heads out their rears, you’ve already irrevesably damaged Lava Lash by doing this in the first place with no community feedback or interactions.

4 Likes

They can further rectify their mistake by offering free transfers from CS and WG to Lava Lash through the end of this month.

4 Likes

Why is that stupid? I’m asking if I can have your gold if they close the server since you are going to be quitting anyway you may as well move to Crusader Strike and let me make use of it.

If someone was going to give away their gold they would give it to a friend or hand it out to strangers in game.

When people make comments like yours they are just dumb jokes made to minimize whatever the other person is complaining about, and nobody is going to give their gold to a stranger who does that.

Really, it’s just rude and shows low levels of compassion, which looks bad on the person making the dumb joke. I agree with Sunforest.

3 Likes

Fair enough! Still going to continue to ask though because as Wayne Gretzky said you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

I hope some people who left but didn’t want to will come back – and I hope that those who are still on Lava Lash and want to stay but are under the impression that the server is on its way to deletion will notice, or, you know, be officially informed, that it is no longer locked before they transfer out.

I’m glad the server is open again and I still intend to stay (if it is announced that the server will be shut down, I will delete my characters rather than have them transferred elsewhere); however, I would really appreciate some further word from Blizzard on the subject, as it doesn’t feel great to have no idea what can be expected to happen in the near future.

5 Likes

It is a crazy length of time to go without any official word, even if it just a bug that caused the server to reopen. Some sort of communication would be nice…

1 Like

If you said “I don’t feel well” I dunno if you’d really want me to say “In the words of Wayne Gretzky, if you die, can I have your stuff?”

But, please continue to ask. It gives those who feel disenfranchised or uprooted that “well, at least someone cares enough to bum change off me” feeling they’re looking for.

-Horse

5 Likes

They unlocked Lava Lash? We need free transfers back.

4 Likes

The fact that you waited for the server to be bled dry to only then unlock it is beyond scummy.

Can you at least offer free transfers back for the people that left?

7 Likes

I am unable to transfer off of Lava Lash (it is very dead) other servers saying they are not taking transfers at this time. I even paid for the 25$+ character transfer thinking it would work.

We have guild members who were away for the weekend now unable to transfer to join the rest of us, but for many of us it is working fine. What the hell is going on with Blizzard?