Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

It’s because transferring like this ignores the 50/50 restriction on character creation, and maintaining that balance seems to be more important to these devs right now than actually providing a good experience to the players suffering under their half baked decisions.

2 Likes

just sayin, if the “RP Community” is this serious and well connected to its community, shouldn’t all of you guys cancel your subs and not play anymore? That would be the only solution to having yalls voices heard. (if RP servers are that serious) this is what i would do if i cared so much about something in a game.

Personally, my adventure through classic on RP servers comes to a end the 20th… i dident like retail many many years ago, and still dont… wich leaves me with RP server lava lash, if that closes, yes, ill likely unsub… couse there is no alternatives left for me…

Thats said, i enjoyed going through it all, and if there was a freash OG classic server, i probably start over again, but as said, thats my personal opinion, we play to have fun after all, and that my friend is subjective !

4 Likes

I am afraid if they make a new classic era realm, it will be so crowded that they open many more and a few months later, we are in the same situation again.

A lot of players myself included, like to try new stuff but just don´t have the time or interest to log on every day. There will always be empty realms and I am not sure if it´s MS that is pulling the strings here, but maybe they want to save money and therefore close realms.

It would not suprise me, if they do the same to retail and era soon.

No paid transfers in SoD. Option is in the shop tab on character select screen. There is a “free transfer” option first before the paid ones which shouldn’t even show up in SoD but devs are dumbasses.

i.imgur dot com/IQuZmSe.png

This is the most out of touch gaming decision for Blizzard since “don’t you all have phones?”

MMORPG. Note the RP part. Guess we can’t even have a little slice anymore. Pathetic.

19 Likes

Having the “we’re all very sad we have to quit playing now” chat with my guild, super fun, thank you Blizzard for this random, abrupt decision. One last kick in the junk from my favorite game studio.

6 Likes

What’s frustrating is they’re doing it to a minority group in the game. An acceptable loss. A group (RP) the other 90% (PVE/PVP) makes fun of and derides, because when geek became chic, the nerds lost the haven in which it was fine to be a nerd.

“Don’t you all have phones?” enraged the full populace. Here? At best no one will come out to support us; at worst they’ll just point and laugh.

8 Likes

Unforutnatley the Damage is already done to Lava Lash, even if you reverse it, Blizzard killed it and walked away wtihout a care, and without warning for no other reason than the fact the server wasn’t as large as the mega servers.

I’ve canceled my Subscription, I will not be playing SoD, I will not be playing the Pandaria Remix.

This has put a massive foul taste in my mouth and I simply do not have more interest in this as you’ve utterly destroyed our community.

12 Likes

exactly how i felt when Blizz axed Chaos Bolt

but they know best i guess? Prematurely ending servers and all that.

(LDG btw)

3 Likes

Continuing my Earlier Post regarding the Alliance RP community on CS, Here is what we’ve done lately on Crusader Strike.

• Led a group of Heroes into the caves of Un’Goro to investigate disturbances
  • Weekly or twice a week adventure night.
  • A hot springs event in Feralas
  • an event based on Uther’s Pilgrimage
  • Periodic RP Fishing Derbys
  • Weekly Tavern Nights from multiple guilds
  • A masquarade is in the works
  • 4+ guilds host weekly RPPVP nights, some inhouse events at the Arena, others abroad.
  • Other events are planned as we look to Finish out Phase 3

All the events i mentioned above were during only the past month on our group RP calendar. As i mentioned in my last comment, an influx from Chaos Bolt is bringing new energy as well. As far as raiding, some RP guilds that find themselves short a few members on raid nights have also setup an “RP-Guild Only” Council, to help fill each others raid groups.

I have high hopes looking forward to the future of RP on Crusader Strike, and wish you all the best.

Well, I transferred to Wild Growth and it reset all my exploration. The map is now completely unexplored and I have to rediscover every location. Sigh.

1 Like

Frankly, when I rolled on Bloodsail Buccs, it had nothing to do with role playing. That isn’t to mean I brought up politics or parses or anything all the time - I was just respectful because I wanted a smaller server experience. And I was rewarded. While there were certainly some guilds that left, there were also folks who transferred in - some were under the misapprehension it would be easier for them to get that R14 weapon, others that they would move in with a boatload of gold and run the joint, but the thing was - everyone knew everyone else.

We knew each other more than gearscores and guilds, people had reputations - one guy made the mistake of ninja-ing a bit of loot and what we used to say was “Reputations are Bind on Pickup.” We didn’t get a Lionheart helm schematic to drop for about 6-9 months - just luck of the draw, so we smuggled things over from the Alliance. It wasn’t easy, but when I said hello in LFG or in the Thunder Bluff channel, people knew me - I may have not been role playing according to the lore of the game, but I had a role - me. We all did.

And that server experience isn’t for everyone. We certainly had some folks who wondered why they couldn’t find a tank at times, or who wanted to play at 3am when there weren’t many of us, just a whole lot of bots, but you knew who the real folks were. Later on, this “small server” feel is what led to a lot of the early Hardcore scene. And I’m not a huge fan of HC - I have my feelings about our community and its risk of exploitation.

It would be one thing if you folks wanted to add a LFG facility to the game, or just even turn the summoning stones on. But saying that a server should be sunk because of having only a couple thousand people is an affront to those who had selected the smaller server to build those bonds.

I am now, and will always be welcoming to those coming in from PvP servers. I am happy to help any and all who are getting re-situated from Lava Lash, and I want to give them the small-server treatment of help to the unguilded, assistance for those who are used to getting jumped on a PvP server, and as many flex raid spots as we got to offer. And I’m not alone. I know a large number of good folks who are happy to help right along those lines. The Horde of WG(US) are some of the finest, funniest players I’ve gotten to know.

But other than the heads up that you locked the server, Community Managers and Blizzard staffers owe those who chose the small-server experience more than simply notification. There remains no way to page a GM, speak with an employee, and I’ve been told that even looking at, much less replying to forum posts is discouraged. This isn’t the kind of feedback loop or transparency we signed up for, and while one can say very easily that a server with no one on it is perfectly balanced, that’s no more a solution to any problem than would me shooting my dog for problem barking.

We were promised fresh servers for Wrath - and those were taken away, after initially only one PvP megaserver per continent was proposed, and the community said “not all of us want that experience,” and it would be a hard sell to tell me that the population imbalances from Classic Vanilla, which were never really fixed wasn’t what drove what happened to Maladath, nor what will happen to Lava Lash, Penance and what did happen to Chaos Bolt.

Given SoD is seasonal content with the ability to experiment, there’s no reason one cannot offer incentives such as additional raid loot, or better waylaid supplies, or just about anything to incent people to move of their own volition. But instead there’s nothing here not more after-the-fact notification, a little bit of lip service, and the new “Community Managers” who don’t seem to interact with the community at all.

I appreciate that Blizzard wants WoW to be big and healthy, but at the end of the day, but killing off your smaller servers without warning, and without any way to interact with the staff leaves the game feeling just as cold and dead as #nochanges ever did, and disrespecting the players on the smaller servers by not only uprooting them, but leaving the burdens of reforming their guilds and renaming their characters simply because they wanted to play a social game and happened to be the smaller number? We think, anyway. You don’t even respect us enough to publish server demographics.

If your reply to complaints about toxicity and parses and your completely hands-off approach to dealing with it is “get guilded and get social” doing fire drills with your servers where that was the point is, at best, at odds.

-Horse

13 Likes

Ah, so this is why there’s now more Musicians on Wild Growth. :grin:

People all have their own views of things that drove people off. Some bring up subjects that to me are non factors. Simply because I never experienced what they describe. Which isn’t meant to discourt what someone else says simply provide the example that we have our views and maybe for reasons. I think the one thing that we can agree on is that we reached this point of Lava Lash being consolidated for ONE reason… Dev Team choices. People were pretty vocal about what they didn’t like… reactions to that feedback were often way to slow or just totally wrong and obviously wrong.

So my feedback is this… when the season comes to an end if I make it that far. I will not be going back to some other version of WoW. I’m only here because of SoD. If there is something else similar to SoD with a DIFFERENT Lead Dev then I might come back. Perhaps there should be some oversight so that when obvious stupid/bad choices are made and subs drop accordingly… something is done besides just plowing ahead with increasingly similar bad ideas/decisions.

5 Likes

Newsflash: it’s only going to be worse now.

the current situation reminds me a song from Les Misérables… Empty Chairs and Empty tables.

Wandering through the empty halls of Ironforge I find myself singing that song under my breath. I would have transfered already if I could but I have to wait till tuesday otherwise my honor will get messed up (going from rank 5 to rank 7 this week)

did you at least retain the flight points?

Yes, I still have the flight paths. I guess I’ll download a map addon that has everything revealed already.

1 Like

Okay, you left out the whole 'Oh yeah, you have to accept the fact your on a PvP server, and accept the fact you will never be able to just relax and play the game anymore."

There is a reason we wanted a PvE-RP server and begged blizzard for it.

That PvP tag on your server isn’t just for show like the RP tag was apparnetly on other servers.

5 Likes