Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

so what about us stuck on crusader strike… can we now transfer to Wild Growth? Free or paid, I don’t care, just want to move the last 2 of my characters to join my other 4 already on wild growth.

Is this a joke? Too lean? Look at Penance… Lava Lash has 5 times the players.

6 Likes

you say this and then proceed to shut it down and move people to non-pveRP servers. Killing the only pve rp server which BTW wasn’t even dead I see LFG spammed all the time. megaservers have rotted peoples’ ideas of a healthy server. to blizzards benefit, so they can nuke servers and have less to manage

9 Likes

If lava lash is looking to lean, WTF is Penance AU then???!?!? all bones?

merge the AU servers, bring in the option to not be involved with world PVP, you know it can be done, look at the STV event.

6 Likes

Well here we go again, first CB, and now LL having to transfer and rebuild my guild each time is getting exhausting. Phase 3 has already been so hard I have spent over 200 hours farming for my BIS tanking dagger and no luck and now I have to continue this grind on a larger server and for what? I just hate having to transfer over and over again please just stop forced consolidations Blizzard you can leave it as an option but the strong-arming is terrible.

6 Likes

Just one day into Wild Growth and I have to say, what an absolute horrorshow compared to Lava Lash.

You’ve got so many people, the economy is completely screwed. Want to gather resources? Good luck!

Blizzard needs to reduce the number of players per layer. It’s like they think we want a CROWDED experience?

No. Just like an amusement park, lines are not fun. The hustle and bustle of seeing lots of people isn’t enjoyable when you’re trying to get at things in the open world.

What clown thought this was a good idea. You’re taking a dump on your communities. Do you want to lose money?

6 Likes

Roleplayers on RP servers, with a few exceptions, tend to value quality over quanity.

There’s been a few posters advising you in this topic and others that it will be difficult to “attract some new role-players” on a server that was not ever designated for that interest.

And you’re aware of that. Makes this even more of a head-scratcher.

Players antagonistic to “deviants” that roleplay will continue to violate the social contract on the destination servers. But roleplayers are apparently acceptable losses. Pretty sad, Tom.

9 Likes

They do. They absolutely do or they wouldn’t be doing this.

3 Likes

Well. I wanted to come back to SoD when my work schedule let up in a month but now I won’t. I want a small RP server.

They closed my Deviate Delight server and now they’re closing Lava Lash. Small, tight, and requiring bonding & planning is the experience I WANT.

7 Likes

RP is my central interest in any form of WoW. RP is most of what I’ve ever actually done in SoD.

If Lava Lash goes away, I will not play SoD again.

In fact, I will not play any form of Classic again. This is the second time I’ve been on a Classic server that I liked that was closed, and I can only assume that it would continue to happen if I played Classic further – I intentionally select smaller servers, because I prefer them, whereas the Classic team appears to prefer destroying them.

13 Likes

What do you mean by “lifetime of the realm”? When will Lava Lash be taken down?

1 Like

Amein.

When I waa as on Bloodsail Buccaneers in Classic Vanilla, I liked my small server. I was ok with being outnumbered faction-wise, it just made us work together.

The small server experience - or at least having one where folks know one-another is so rewarding. Beyond even that of one’s guild. And when this server got locked, it extinguished one of the methods of play - PvERP,

In fairness, I appreciate that people are paying attention to and balancing populations and such. I’m also one of the people who signed up for Maladath - the “fresh” server for wrath, which was, one say locked with one-way transfers off to Pagle (heavily alliance) and Mankrik (heavy horde)

Can you guys PLEASE give some warning servers are at risk of closure? I have a lot of friends on LL and would have been happy to move some folks over if what you needed was X population by a given time.

But what you did to Maladath was a rug pull for those of us who’d been there from launch and tried to build a community. And with Lava Lash, Wild Growth is going to be welcoming to ask the fresh blood. It’s a cool server.

But can we please have some dialogue on this? It’s SoF and we assigned up for change- but that change can also include the player base and INCENTIVES FOR PLAYERS TO MOVE TO SMALLER SERVERS. Why can’t we attract people instead of having hidden cutoffs with no warning when they’re triggered?

Sincerely,
Horse

8 Likes

Honestly guys PENANCE is not even close to the server pop of the servers that are too small and you force us to remain. Let PENANCE players transfer, this is ridiculous you have us stuck on a dead server with no option to leave. PENANCE > WILD GROWTH … PLEASE!

1 Like

You are closing Lava Lash?

Are you out of your mind? Char names are taken since months, there is no way of keeping them if we transfer.

The incompetence by you guys is just unbelievable you are doing the same that Amazon did on Lost Ark. I lost 12 chars in the process and never touched this game again.

I play on RP realms because they are less crowded and fun to play on, I for sure won´t move to a pvp realm, are you out of your mind?

Gosh, I don´t understand what´s going on in your office, I am sorry for my choice of words, but this is just not acceptable how you treat your customers.

Well,

I have now learned that RP folks are a second customer for this company, so I will just stop rolling toons on these realms.

Since I am not going to pvp realms and hardly have fun on PVE with the streamers and min maxers, I will just quit classic all together.

In a few months they will close SOD anyways, so why waste my time with this product on life support. It´s a shame, as P1 was amazingly well done, but after that the content and the decisions by the Dev team were poor.

Forcing me to a pvp realm or a streamer realm with all the toxicity there, well knowing that I will have a terrible experience there, is showing me my place.

8 Likes

This is an awful decision. We have a large all gnome RP guild on retail. We’re playing together on Lava Lash in SoD and having fun. What Blizzard has done is prevented us from bringing new gnomes over from retail. I don’t want to play on a mega server with toxic people. I don’t want to have to fight horde to do a quest. When I want to go fishing, I want to fish. I don’t want to get ganked with a fishing pole in my hand.

Please stop this nonsense. I love the community on Lava Lash. I’ve met new people, made a new friend while fishing and had some awesome random RP.

13 Likes

I left CS due to the lack of RP community and moved to Lava Lash. My option is to now go back to a trash server that you never even offered transfers off of? How about opening up CS to Lava Lash as well?

2 Likes

Nail in the coffin. This is ridiculous. I’ve tried to give a pass to blizz through all of SoD but this just killed the whole experience for me. Waste of money and time.

6 Likes

How is Penance PvE not included in this… lower population by far than Lavalash… hell we would feel crowded at Lavalash populations lol… Let’s gooo let us xfer already. It’s the only AU PvE server we get that but the numbers show few care. Just under half of the horde population is from the US anyways (if i had to guess)… many of us only on this server because of launch day issues.

3 Likes

Considering they already stated they won’t be making anything past MC scaled down to 20 man from 40 man because its not nearly as straightforward and easy to do as it was MC and would waste development time on ACTUALLY NEW features and content, that plan is dead in the water. Too many retail players here wanting retail features that dont mesh with classic. I want to 40 man raid. Have a big tight knit family to have the next year or two. 10 mans felt so freaking dead and empty. Just starting to get that big family feeling with 20 mans now. If you want retail mechanics you need to go play retail. The big problem in reality was Sunken Temple is well above mechanics in vanilla era dungeons and raids pre BWL. That is what killed most guilds and player base. Not finding 20 players. Finding 20 GOOD players. They are making SoD into retail where every person has to pull their weight. Very different to vanilla or classic which is a bad change imo.

I don’t understand the decision to close Lava Lash to new accounts at all.

Let’s assume the server actually is too small for some people who are playing on it to be happy. Okay. Enable free transfers off the realm so that those people can leave.

But why close the server to new accounts at the same time? What is the problem with people continuing to come to a server where you apparently feel there aren’t enough people right now? If they roll on Lava Lash and then regret it later, they can always just take a free transfer off. It’s not a big deal.

Let guilds like the gnome guild mentioned above continue to invite guildies who want to join them from retail. Let RP-curious SoD players decide to give it a go. Let late-comers join their friends on the server their friends are already playing on.

Are you trying to artificially force the population to dwindle further so that you can say there’s justification for deleting the server a while later? It feels like that’s what you’re doing.

11 Likes