Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

Ya I have no idea. I played on BB the RP server in classic era and that thing was dead long ago. So it’s kind of hard to fathom how it could be that hard to run a low pop server for the rest of the season… versus a low pop server for years…

It didn’t seem that hard alliance side to get people for raids. Based on how much smaller Hode side was maybe for them. Would have made more sense to do a different solution from my point of view than the one they chose.

Well actually if you look at the blue comments or X… it’s really easy to figure out. Whatever takes the LEAST amount of work on their end. Tada just close the server much easier than a real solution.

2 Likes

No there is probably a reason.

I could say that I’m surprised that you’re not in the Heroes of the Alliance Community, another Lava Lash discord server used as a recruitment tool.

This will be my last reply to you. I’m not the one that came in here complainining about being able to fill raid spots. So why would I be in a community I don’t have a need to be in?

You have been commenting how glad you are that you can move. So move and be happy. Hope it works out for you.

3 Likes

At least I didn’t come here to gaslight people and tell them that they’re lying because they had a different experience playing than I do/did.

I agree with a lot, on that the server shouldn’t be locked; but that doesn’t change that this is needed for people to have a good experience playing the game.
Right now, if people don’t want their communities destroyed, they shouldn’t be so intent on destroying it themselves by leaving then blaming the Blizzard Boogieman.
What DOES help communities survive events like this, is communication within the communities, not complaining on a forum.

Nobody asked for your contrarian act, go away.

Blizz open transfers from CS(US) to WG(US) again before it’s too late

1 Like

Why is there a charge for character transfers from lava lash to wild growth??

These servers are going to become botting havens.

Bot farms that have accounts established on these locked servers are going to continue to be able to create characters. Remember, these only lock NEW players on the servers, NOT new characters. And remember, there are free character transfers going forward with no end date.

So these bot farms will be able to farm valuable nodes (Black Lotus anyone?). And then they’re periodically going to use the free transfers to mule those goods over to the servers with contested resources.

Already saw bots running around today on Lava Lash.

Yes, this should be able to be noticed and stopped. But do you have any faith they’ll actually pay attention to this?

There is no charge at all.

1 Like

The only one I can find is $25/character… if no charge, then where is it??

Well, Blizz, you killed the only RPPvE server in SoD. I have unsubscribed.

I had hoped that SoD would be a refuge from all the Blizzard catastrophes that the last several years has brought, but I guess not.

8 Likes

Abuse layers or bust. Worst decision of the season and now they’re doubling down on it. Crusader strike is hot garbage. Let the smaller servers be small, they’re still much larger than realms were when the content was new. We were fine even going into 20 and 40 man content.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Raid IDs reset on transfer? As in, can we do ST again on Wild Growth?

Just another GG from Blizzard. It really is just a reminder that they don’t actually care about their players, their friends, or their communities and only care about what is in our pockets. The only way to hurt them is to just not give them money at this point.

I hate seeing so many of my fellow server-mates so upset, quite frankly I am as well. Blizzard has this problem where they look at the forums and other social media platforms and go “Wow! This is what the community wants!” without realizing the people who are complaining are the minority typically. They would be better served running surveys to active users on SOD, Classic, Retail, etc to gather actual feedback about the game if they really need to know what direction people would like to see. People who are happy don’t complain openly on forums/social media but become unhappy when they see stupid nonsense like this.

I’m not sure the backlash from this post will actually get anywhere with Blizzard since once they make a dumb decision they LOVE running with it no matter the cost, but it’s good that people are at least trying.

10 Likes

Ah, that’s disappointing. Really enjoyed my time on Lava Lash. Don’t know where I’ll end up but I’m probably going to take this time to take a break from SoD…

3 Likes

To explain this calmer than some others…
On RP realms, Blizz barely upholds the rules for said servers, often not doing enough to punish repeat griefers and trolls in my experience. On a PVE server, those rules aren’t even there. You can expect to be at rhe very least gawked at, and often trolled and griefed by “Sepherothx” or some terribly named single-cell brainlet.

As for RP-PVP, anyone who has played on a PVP or RPPVP server will tell you it’s not fun getting camped for an hour. Besides that, I’ve seen what happens to RP-PVP servers on retail. The RP scene melts into nothing - pushed out by disrespectful, toxic behavior and trolling, as well as people xfering in for the PVP aspect. I cannot tell you how often I’ve read someone saying in trade “lol I came here because PVP servers are filled with too many ‘Sepherothx’ types and RP-PVP servers are more mature”, which isn’t bad necessarily, but eventually they just kind of replace the RPers. Aaand since Blizzard doesn’t really enforce their rules, well, it’s obvious where this is going. Crusader Strike will be a server bereft of RP in a few months - maybe six.

But, at this point, the damage is done. Already hearing of people moving on to Wild Growth and already getting gawked at and ridiculed. Yet, this will have little impact on the profits. Will some people unsub because they just wanted some SoD RP and that’s effectively dying now? Sure. A lot will probably move onto Classic, Cata Classic, or retail, though. Chalk this up as another L for the RP community.

4 Likes

Not really. Their accounts get banned. What bot farmers do is they just make new accounts, not new characters. Even on retail regardless of the fees attached to doing such. It takes very little effort to break even with the costs, and then it’s just profits. If there’s any silver lining, is bot accounts being unable to rejoin LL after account bans.

If you’re on the character select screen of a server that has eligible free outgoing transfers, it should be the first thing in the Shop. It’s how it’s worked for the SoM and Wrath/Cata Classic ones.

1 Like

Transferring MIGHT be acceptable, but not to a pvp realm, not to a non-RP realm, and I don’t want to change my character’s names and stories. I checked Wild Growth and Crusader Strike and all 14 of my Lava Lash names are taken. This is a Nightmare.

7 Likes

Any chance doing something for Penance (AU) we need help over here

1 Like