Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

Its time to say Goodbye…

My guild gone in SOD to Wild Growth from Lone Wolf… i was not able to transfer in that specific time because i was working and other transfer window did not oppened… i don’t have the time to f4 browser to check every hour the blue posts… i oppened a ticket in game, for nothing tbh because i got… Ctrl C + Ctrl V responses… waited around 10 days like an idiot refreshing and seeking for new Blue Posts…

i can’t play with my friends anymore so.

Canceled my subscription today! Goodbye!!!

9 Likes

You guys are a failure as a company

6 Likes

Well that’s it. Final nail in the SoD coffin.

8 Likes

You need to open transfers from CS to WG again like you said you would last Monday. This sucks being split from friends because of the short transfer windows last week. Get it together man, we just want to play the damn game

1 Like

There’s absolutely no security that your server will not also be treated this way in the future. Numbers are all these types look at, not the people behind them. If they were truly worried about people leaving, they should have opened up transfers off of ALL servers onto ANY server. I agree that people do make mistakes on what server they want to play on. Those that were dedicated in their mistake, to put so much time and effort into their characters that they didn’t want to re-roll, apparently at least those people are catered to. For natives who are happy with their initial decision, they are the ones that are getting burnt.

2 Likes

This is a straight up cash grab by Blizzard. Maximize profits by reducing services and they are doing so at the expense of the communities we, the customers, have created and care about. Why? So their already rich board and investors can get richer?

Blizzard won’t get another penny out of me because of their greed. My sub is already cancelled and my characters will die with LavaLash. Furthermore, if I see the Blizzard name on a product in the future, I will know to stay away from that product because of their reputation of greed at the expense of their customers.

7 Likes

Would accept going to another RP (not pvp) realm, if there were zero, ZERO chance of not keeping your names. Otherwise that’s the last straw for me. Nothing is worse than losing your characters on Blizzard’s fickle whims, and forcing name changes does just that.

7 Likes

It’s funny how the company slogan reads, “At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create”, yet detached and dissociated decisions like this completely contradict the slogan’s sentiment and alleged company intent.

When will the company slogan be rewritten to something more appropriate, such as :“At Blizzard Entertainment, we used to pour our hearts and souls into everything we make but now we just don’t give a damn.”?

8 Likes

Hi guys, sorry to hear about what is happening on Lava Lash. I have nothing but love for the small RP servers, Chaos Bolt and now Lava Lash, this is senseless.

I want the RP community of both realms to know that there IS an RP community on Crusader Strike. It is not a replica of Grobbulus of 4 years ago, however there are at LEAST 15+ solid RP guilds on Alliance side. several of these guilds have received a breath of fresh air from recent Chaos Bolt transfers. there are multiple Crusader Strike Alliance RP discords, there is a weekly calendar of events. There fairly strong efforts made from RP leadership to include any other willing guilds to participate in events.

If you are interested in joining this community, send me an in game mail, or discord message, and I can send all the info about our community.

Personally i am not RP leadership, however i just want you all to know that there IS an active RP community, and it is quite welcoming and fun.

5 Likes

While this definitely sucks… I’m really surprised people didn’t see the writing on the wall when this happened to Chaos Bolt tbh.

And to those saying “what happened to Blizzard telling us we wouldn’t regret whatever servers we rolled on?”… this is literally what they meant by that. They said back at the start of SoD that they would aggressively consolidate any realms they felt weren’t living up to their own secret standards and would not allow anyone to feel ‘left behind’ on ‘dead servers’.

The promise they made when they said that you wouldn’t regret the server you rolled on was effectively them promising that they would offer you free transfers to other more populated servers when they deemed small servers to be too small to continue existing.

This was, essentially, always the plan.

1 Like

y u do dis
still feels bad man

And to all on Lava Lash I beg your forgiveness.
About two weeks before Chaos Bolt was so horribly cut down, I rolled an alt and began playing there.

Then about two weeks ago, I rolled an alt on Lava Lash. I’M SORRY! :cry:

3 Likes

Holly Longdale during MrGM Interview: Blizzard feels like they have underserved “casuals” and “midcore” players and are working to address it with all different play modes and content being added.

And this choice is…serving underserved RPers how, exactly? Isn’t deleting out an RP server exactly the opposite of creating different play modes?

What’s next? “Don’t you RPers have phones?” or “If you want to RP high elves, the RP-PvP realm is waiting for you.”

This closure has the same energy.

7 Likes

You should give a heads up before closing so guilds can do some recruiting on the realms that are closing.

1 Like

I saw that interview and thought the same thing for this.

2 Likes

Your posts regarding these server issues seem pretty respectful and thank you for that. I wanted to point that out first.

I don’t know if the players who rolled on the only RP PVE server expected their server to be closed before the end of the season, or read that they would be forced to move to a regular PVE server by that statement.

There isn’t a similar server choice where the game will feel even remotely the same for most people who play for RP and community (with respect to the poster above, but this is still true for those who don’t want to play on a PVP server)

So those people have to decide if they want to try to stay on a realm that will be hallowed out, quit the game, or attempt to have fun on a server they don’t fit on, be that because they don’t like PVP with very little RP or because they don’t like being harassed on a regular PVE server for RPing. Plus the small-town feeling is gone.

I don’t think that Blizzard made the right choice here. The only people who seem happy are those who couldn’t be bothered to wait in a queue at launch day and never wanted an RP server, the very people who deserve absolutely nothing, as they add nothing of value to an MMO game, but keep getting candy thrown at them out of some stated concern of them “churning out”.

I can’t imagine treating my very worst, crankiest, customers in a business with tons of respect while showing the most valuable customers nothing short of distain. I’d rather keep the best customers and let the worst ones move on, but I know this is a corporation and the squeaky wheel gets the grease often, and on top of that the devs may not really “get it” or they may be getting told to do this.

I will say that a tweet on April 26th by Tom Ellis foreshadows this coming but that was very recent, and so was the CB mess. People were already playing and established.

5 Likes

We literally begged Blizzard for a PvE-RP server, because we didn’t want to be stuck on a PVP server to have the RP server tag.

PvP servers are NOT FUN.

And I have no intrest on being on a PvE server, where the only thing people care about is performance, and everyone’s replaceable with the next person whom can simply perform better.

Mega servers have absolutely garbage communities and are full of the worst kinds of people because they can just disappear into the crowd and no matter what bad behavior they do they can get away wtih it.

The fascination with pushing for MEGA SERVERS is atrocious to me, as someone whom regularly has always played on Medium Population servers and purposely did their best to avoid high population ones.

And now here we are again, or options are a PvE Cesspool, or a PVP server that’s probably the worst server community wise in all of SOD.

Great Blizzard, thanks. /s

12 Likes

they probably had to free up some resources to spin up a few more Cata layers. very sad.

1 Like

Considering they are working on consolidating Cata servers… I doubt it.

2 Likes

freeing up resources for other microsoft ambitions, or to show a boss lower overhead. idk, just senseless really.

2 Likes

You’re surprised that a word of mouth private community didn’t make it to everyone in a realm? Lol

1 Like