Realm Consolidation - Lava Lash

I have been on Lava lash since launch.
I chose to play here because it was the only PVE RP realm available, and I knew it would offer the close knit and friendly community that I wanted.
I have no intention of transferring off this realm, and if it is closed I’ll just stop playing.

Let Lava Lash Live

13 Likes

Dude, Blizzard. Seriously ???

This sucks. I only have generic character names (which feel more iconic to me than generic at this point) for my characters on Lava Lash; I was lucky to get them when my friends and I chose this realm, because we very specifically wanted to roleplay but we found out Crusader Strike was going to be piled on by a ton of the WoW Streamers.

We chose Lava Lash because wanted an RP server without PvP, but now that you’re closing down our realm you’re sending us to A PVE REALM???

This is ridiculous; Lava Lash DOES HAVE A COMMUNITY. There are RP Tavern nights, there are guilds recruiting. There is an entire social ecosystem where people recognize each other’s characters based on their names, their RP profiles, their guild tags, and the places that they choose to hang out.

Get your :duck:ing heads out of your content-metrics hyper-focused :peach:s and realize that the reason people wanted a server that wasn’t RP-PVP was because the environment is fundamentally different from both it and a regular PvE realm. -PLEASE.-

PLEASE unlock Lava Lash and let me play my actual character, with my actual name.
Because if I can’t play the version that I’m attached to, I’m just not going to play at all.

24 Likes

Lava Lash has a healthy pop too. We are more vanilla pop. Don’t like it don’t roll here.

5 Likes

Horde has always been dead on lava lash. Ally side is fine though.

3 Likes

Duh. Wild Growth has 25k raiders according to warcraft tavern. I don’t want to be on a realm with 25k raiders. That means theres more than that too since warcraft tavern only tracks logs. Thats too big of a server.

5 Likes

It really isn’t. the only groups posting for raids, post for several hours. Don’t have time for that.

This was a major L. There is nothing wrong with Lava Lash

10 Likes

Does this mean you will be opening up refunds for people that do not want to transfer to a mega realm? This comes across as you actively trying to harm your player base. It’s hard to put into words the level of disappointment this announcement brings.

4 Likes

leave the realm alone, a lot of the people on my raid team will quit SOD if we have to leave the realm :frowning:

6 Likes

Impromptu event at Thunderbluff as a Vigil for the “Lost” ends up with 30+ People showing up, and more showing up.

SMH. Blizzard you guys are just straight up awful sometimes.

8 Likes

This is 10 shades of stupid. RP Realms are where I call home on my characters because of the communities it builds. I rolled on Bloodsail and was hooked solely by the community… it wasn’t the engaging gameplay of throwing frostbolts…

I stuck around with the same server during BC and loved the community again…

Wild Growth, while not horrid, is not the same thing. Trying to role play on PvE realms leads to harassment and with your scaling down of customer service the RP community either goes underground or vanishes. You lose a lot when you can’t have spontaneous RP with people in social hubs…

So disappointed.

7 Likes

Is this another desperate move to try slow down the player numbers bleeding? Have you considered making the game better instead?

4 Likes

Perhaps Blizzard does not understand its own player base.

You launched a new phase and stuff was going gangbusters, so people were on, and it was nice and busy on Lava Lash.

Then… in short order… you launch Cata, the new shiny thing, and the population of other version of the game drop.

You think?

Once the Cata stuff gets old, the people return to where they had the most fun. And I would wager many pieces of gold that once the next phase drops that people will make Lava Lash a greatly bustling place again.

That is, unless you add a new Cata patch with new shiny stuff and a new dungeon to sabotage SoD numbers again.

In some ways, it seems like Blizz is self-defeating.

SoD is arguably the best version of WoW that has been devised. Rather than building on the base of us folks who returned to WoW for the Classic experience, with some fun new twists, you are going for the short-term bucks.

I left because of the way retail went, and knew that WOTLK Classic would lose my interest when Cata hit.

So here I am, loving Lava Lash and SoD, and the community I have found. I recognize more and more the random folks I come across while adventuring, and fondly recall the group I did with them, and group up again.

Kill Lava Lash, and you are killing the desire to play WoW in any form for we who love this server and its vibe.

8 Likes

Posting on my Lava Lash character to say: please don’t. The cozy small town vibes of smaller servers is part of the appeal for many people, including myself.

7 Likes

Retail also released season 4 of M+/Awakened raiding. Many different shiny things happened. That shouldn’t be good enough to knee jerk into closing a realm…

6 Likes

I am so sorry this is happening to you Lava Lash natives, and again to those who migrated from Chaos Bolt. This is a horrible experience, some to have to go through it twice, it is truly saddening.

This decision is completely ignorant, people don’t all want the same thing. That’s why there’s different types of servers in the first place. This is just wrong, to do this to all those people that chose to play where they want. To even do this on a Friday, before taking a break for the weekend and hoping that people calm their anger. To bring real life politics in this, this generally happens when the people in power themselves know this is an unpopular decision.

9 Likes

I just now got a 5-man for Mor’ladim…

So dead Blizz? I say thee NAY!!

1 Like

Send all the Trial accounts there. It would clear up the negative mess that is Goldshire on Moon Guard.

Eventually servers will likely consolidate to adjust to the influx of players to the greater servers. MG will have to grow which means other dead beat servers will be shut down in time.

Hail ta’ yee, Thane Alice Dawford, server famous event planner, on Moon Guard. I have to say, I am disappointed in you Blizzard. You are already killing your PVE communities, by only catering to the top 10% of hardcore players. PVP? Well, all I see are peace treaties. You, already have been putting such a strangle hold on the role play communities, as it stands. I could get reported, and banned just for advertising the roleplaying events I selflessly fund to help bring life, to your server Moon Guard. To bring together, and breathe life into a community that you abandoned. And, now, you are destroying an entire community, simply because it is “too lean”, for your liking?! What’s to say, you won’t to the same thing, to Wyrmrest Accord?! They are nowhere, near as large as Moon Guard is, but they still have a very vibrant, and alive community, even if it is smaller. That’s like taking a small youtuber, demonetizing their channel, and then telling a larger youtuber that they can have all the smaller youtuber’s subscribers. You all hope we “will still be able to recreate our communities”?! Excuse me, but they wouldn’t have to “recreate their communities”, if you all weren’t destroying it in the first place. We, pay you all 15 dollars a month to run these servers, and keep Azeroth alive so we can spend time with our friends. Do your jobs, and keep Lava Lash active, and open.

15 Likes

I wanna see how many bot balance druid night elf bot gold farm accounts are on that server.