Realm Connections -- September 24-25

Oof. That hurts. Have Battlegroups ever been pulled apart before? If not, probably easier on their end to just ignore than to fix.

I just checked a few more and the Sept 24 connection covers 2 different battle groups. Alleria and Khadgar are on rampage and Exodar and Medivh are on Ruin. There may be hope.

2 Likes

Several of their connections involved groups of relatively high pop realms, too, which doesnā€™t make sense given that their stated goal was to identify every realm that had a population below a certain threshold then connect each one with at least one other realm.

I transferred from Earthen Ring to Wyrmrest Accord at the start of Legion, because I simply could not stand how empty the Auction House was nor the lack of available players to RP with.

It was a tough decision, one that caused emotional distraught leaving behind my friends and an amazing guild. I held out for literal years before finally making the switch over, and I empathize with every player from Earthen Ring who are worried and upset about a lack of transparency and Blue information on the issue.

#MergeEarthenRing

:four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I love how Frostmourne, one of the most populated OCE servers got multiple realm connections despite already being full, yet Amanā€™thul which is one of the lowest OCE population servers got one round of connections to other medium population realms. What a mess lol

2 Likes

Come on Exodar, hope this happens soon so I can buy me some cheap 30slot bagsā€¦

No way iā€™m paying 500g a bag. Seem to be cheaper on the other cluster.

Thank you for the support. :purple_heart:

Blizzard: I GM a large guild on Earthen Ring. Barbro does, too. Our communities have been around for over a decade and are too large to mass transfer without leaving behind the haves and have-nots when it comes to funds. Our members also have alts with vintage armor, titles, crafting recipes, not to mention RP stories attached to them because we are an RP realm (and an OG RP realm) at our core, and transferring is not so simple. We as GMs donā€™t want to leave anyone behind. We donā€™t want to leave long-time neighbors behind, either. ER is a small but spirited neighborhood and those who remain are there for a reason ā€“ we like the people who chose to stay and want to support them, and weā€™ve been holding out for a connection since the previous round.

I tweeted customer service yesterday, asking whether there were going to be more realm connections. I was linked this thread (though I referenced this thread in my initial tweet and already posted in it) and told to post on the forums and use the in-game suggestion tool. So I am here again, and my fellow Earthen Ringers are here, posting on the forums, asking, every where, where Earthen Ring is and if we are slated for a much-needed connection. Weā€™re here. Small, but here, and raising as many voices we can, doing the only things we can, the things we were told we could do.

We appreciate any former Earthen Ringers and other small servers who express support and Iā€™ve been :blue_heart: 'ing as many as their posts. Any post telling us if this is the last set of connections or who is next is appreciated, and donā€™t forget Earthen Ring.

9 Likes

So hey, came back to ER and it still needs some folks. I love my friends here but Iā€™m always up to meeting new internet people. As said before, weā€™re the Only OG RP realm that hasnā€™t been connected to others.

We want to make friends. Weā€™re not that scary. Weā€™re almost as cool as our Brazilian compatriots. Please #ConnectEarthenRing. Iā€™ll also be submitting requests and suggestions using the in-game tool.

Just donā€™t make me stand on the mailbox again. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Theyā€™ve already been breaking down battlegroups from what I can tell.

The move listed here for example: Realm Connections -- September 2-3.

• The Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune realms will join the Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council realms.

Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune are on the Cyclone battlegroup and Blackwater Raiders and Shadow Council are on the Reckoning battlegroup.

Because of this though, Iā€™m still hopeful for getting a Connection for Earthen Ring. I just wish that we could get some more transparency about upcoming Connections (and if there are more planned, thatā€™s unclear from this latest post), and about why certain realms werenā€™t included.

Please #SaveEarthenRing.

6 Likes

Argent dawn could use some love pleaseā€¦

2 Likes

Weā€™re here and doing everything you ask of us, @Blizzard. Please donā€™t forget Earthen Ring. We need new life more than ever and this is the first time in years that any of us have had faith that we may get it.

#MoveEarthenRing #MergeEarthenRing #SaveEarthenRing

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget about Goldrinn and the other Brazilian realms, there are 3 completely empty aliance ones and 1 big horde one.

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe anyone actually reads anything - it seems like they just keyword scan and give generic responses. Pessimistic as that is, it makes sense. I wouldnā€™t wanna subject any of my employees to the depressing flame fest that is a nerd forum.

That said, I also GM a guild on Earthen Ring US, and weā€™re struggling right now to progress Nā€™zoth. The story of why has everything to do with recruiting and population. We donā€™t have a lot of people to draw from that have mythic interest. Many folks are content to just sink in their PvE guilds that are just slowly but surely losing members. Would they raid Mythic if they had the numbers? Sure. But they wonā€™t leave their guild, and they wonā€™t raid with another guild unless theirs stops raiding. Iā€™ve tried a few solutions, and we have been able open up our heroic clear to everyone through a community, but even that is difficult to spread the word on, and threatens other guildā€™s raids because Heroic is all they can do. If we take their raiders in an attempt to improve the community and make connections, we take their raiding entirely. Breaking down communities that are barely surviving at all, however, shouldnā€™t be the answer. They should be helped, not hindered. Iā€™ve gone to other guildā€™s raids to help them out, Iā€™ve invited them to ours on nights theyā€™re free to get them gear and experienceā€¦ but thereā€™s only so much I can offer without forcing some sort of compromise that either end wonā€™t want. Thereā€™s a solution to this, and itā€™s frankly an easy one. #mergeEarthenRing #moveEarthenRing.

6 Likes

Sitting in raid right now with 19 people unable to progress because weā€™re missing 3 of our players with immunities, and we need only one of them to show. Boss design is certainly one thing to question, but in addition to this, yeah. They all had legit reasons to be out that I would expect day-to-day. Man, wouldnā€™t it be nice to have a bench? Oh wait, need pop for that.

2 Likes

What about connections in other regions?

Iā€™m hoping to see Proudmoore, Hyjal, and Lightbringer get connected

I would love for kirin tor, sentinels, swc to be connected to emerald dream and argent dawn :smiley:

1 Like

The fact that Iā€™m the only one pleading for kirin tor, should say just how dead it is. lol

1 Like

If our two server clusters were connected, it would double both our populations as well as bringing the faction balance close to 50/50 for us.

Lightninghoof/Maelstrom/The Venture-Co/Ravenholdt/Twisting Nether.

:heavy_plus_sign:

Kirin Tor/Sentinels/Steamwheedle Cartel.

Sounds like a win win. #mergeEarthenRing

4 Likes